Dogomania

What Breeds Do People Confuse Your Dog With?

Nae_Nae_Nookie

Toto is often called a scottie or a snauzer, and Shadow is called a collie but then I think he might have collie in him anyway who knows. He weighs 40lbs a little big for a sheltie and a little small for a collie. We call him a Shollie. Mandy no one even tries to guess her breed we know she has terrier in her and a bunch of who knows what.

[quote name='hillside']Conar, ye old monster Samoyed, has been mistaken for a Great Pyr.
Our liver spotted Dalmatians were always being called Dal/Choc Lab mixes, because "everybody knows that ALL Dalmatians are black spotted." :roll:[/quote]

There was a liver-spotted Dalmation puppy at Petsmart last month, and he was so cute! I had never met a liver-spotted Dal before. Gorgeous!

Anyway, people are always asking me what breed Jackie is, but nobody ever makes a guess. She's a mystery to everyone - LOL! My guess is that she's Golden Retriever/German Shepherd/Collie, but nobody really knows.

People always assume that Maya is purebred Golden, but she's a Golden/Husky mix.

Very few people know what the hell Tater and Mister are.....

Most people ask if Dakota is part wolf or mixed with yellow lab. Nope, shepherds do come in white!

And they don't believe that Hunter is pure because he's got a lazy ear (that's what I call it.....!!). So what if his ear doesn't stand.....I happen to like it that way, thank you very much!

you'd think people would know what kind of dog Ilsa is - I mean, she's clearly a dobe! However, here's the list of what she's been mistaken for (let's see if I can remember them all.. probably not)

~ greyhound (I get this one all the time - even though Ilsa is cropped and docked)

~ red nose pit bull (NO idea where they got that one!)

~ chocolate lab/doberman mix (sorry guys, they come in four colors!)

~ ibizan hound (I can see that one... sort of)

~ a "really skinny" rottweiler (hmmm...)

~ great dane

well, Free has been mistaken for a Lab, she's a mix but to the untrained eye she could pass for a lab. Laurel no one ever knows what she is, and I get asked a lot of questions about her. well, except for a drunk wandering down the sidewalk who yelled at me for having such a huge Pit Bull......I had to laugh, because Foxhounds are all legs, and PB's usually arent. Laurel weighs less then Free but is taller than she is, and its all legs.

[quote name='DivineOblivion19'][color=indigo]For Divina I've gotten:

*Pekingese :o
*Mini Pit Bull
*Mini Boxer
*Pug
*Rat Terrier

For Cori, people usually don't know. I usually gets asked what kind of dog she is or what kind or mutt she is. It is rare someone actually knows what she is and people don't usually try to guess.[/color] :lol:[/quote]

some people...my friend has dog thats the exact breed as divina so thats how i know what divina is. Cori I know has corgi in her

[quote name='Carolk9s']I've had people ask me, in all seriousness, if Jesse is a long haired black lab. Yep, one them rare one with upright ears too![/quote]

A guy I know has a black GSD, and he gets the Lab question all the time. If it's black, it must be a Lab :crazyeyes:

The Bull Boys are always called Boxers. Even my neighbor, who has an APBT, says, "Hello cute Boxer!" whenever he sees Grant. Brando has been called a Greyhound.

Harry is a GSD or GSD mix. He's also been called a Pharoah Hound and a Whippet.