Dogomania

Devin is missing!

Remember my little foster dogger Devin? I got a frantic call from Devin's new owner a little earlier this afternoon. It was the first time he'd ever left Devin alone at home. There is a doggy door that leads out to a screened in porch. Devin apparently went out the doggy door and clawed/chewed through the screen and is now missing. Several people and I searched the neighborhood and further for a long time this afternoon. We couldn't find him anywhere. We've knocked on doors and stopped people who were walking and driving by. It's a really nice neighborhood and not a high paced traffic area and we didn't find him lying in the road anywhere, so we can only hope he was picked up. Then we can only hope that whoever picked him up will be honest enough to report him found Monday morning.

I am worried sick about this little guy and the new owner is absolutely devastated. I really can't blame him or call him irresponsible. He never thought Devin would chew through the screen to get outside. It was just one of those freak things, I guess. He thought he was doing the right thing by leaving Devin a way to get outside. He feels horrible and said he will be periodically going out tonight and looking some more.

Please send positive thoughts that Devin will be returned safe and sound. :(

POSITIVE THOUGHTS HEADING YOUR WAY!!!!

call the police, and the local animal shelters and vets. If you have pictures of him, distribute them to all of the above. If he is brought in, they can then contact you. Have his owner put food out on the porch, when he gets hungry he may just come home. He may just be wandering around - hopefully, someone will find him and turn him in. Does he have a collar
on with tags?

I hope he comes back very soon. He may actually be heading back towards you....keep an eye out for him.

Good Luck!!

poor pup....

:(

Yes, Devin is wearing his tags. I hope he doesn't intend to head back my way. I live 30 miles away. Devin is a cool dog and I've heard of dogs traveling long distances to go "home," but I just don't think he has it in him.

Thanks for the positive thoughts. I'm so worried about him. :(

Guest Anonymous

I'm so sorry to hear about Devin! my wishes are heading your way in hoping this little guy finds him way back home. or a nice person stopped and picked him and is trying to get him back to his home!! keep us updated!

HF, If at all possible, next time anyone goes looking for Devin, take along another dog, especially if there is one in particular that he has played with and gotten along with well in the past.
Make sure the dogs tags jingle a lot, if you can encourage the dog to bark, all the better. Sometimes a dog that is out is so freaked that he/she will not quickly respond to human voices calling but if he sees/hears a dog that is a pal, different story.
I hope Devin is found quickly and is home safe soon.

Guest Anonymous

Come Home Safe And Sound Devin :angel:

Im Sorry To Hear HF.

I Strongly hope that he will be returned to you safely..

Keep us informed..

i will pray for him :angel: