Dogomania

For Carin...a list of my dogs (Other please join in)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

In my rather small household (Small compared to some)

There is (In age order)
CJ-10 Year old Pom (will be 11 in Jan). Came to live here 8/03 from sister

Little Girl- 9-11 year old Mix breed - Found 4/4/04

Bobbie- 6 year old (7 in Jan) Aussie/Lab mix- Came from my parents 3/01

Belle-4 year old Beagle- Found 5/12/01 being kicked and hit by kids

Prissy--2 year old Pit Bull - Found on the streets of New Orleans. I got her June of 03 when she was supposedly only 6 months old but my vet said a year.

Gretchen- 2 year old ACD/ Border Collie Mix (????) Came to me August of 03 as a foster dog at 9 months old. She was adopted out, growled when told to get off the couch, the rescue was going to put her down, her adoptive family called me to hide her away and keep her safe.

Mac--7-8 month old All American Mix Breed (You can't even pick out the breeds in him) Came to me 8/04 after a friend found him, looked for a home and couldn't find one.

No Name--7-8 month old Pit Bull mix---Got him yesterday after a Chi rescue had him at an adoption day and they didn't want to take him home. So home he came. I made the mistake of joking with my husband it was his birthday present and well now I'm at 8 personal dogs!

Then there is Beaux who is in my signature--He is a 2 year old Anatolian Shepherd Dog mix I'm fostering for the National Anatolian Shepherd Rescue Network.

I also own 7 cats, foster 1 right now for Friends of Jefferson Parish Animal Shelter.

I also have an Indian Ringneck Parrot that was found by a manager at Petsmart. He is half plucked and his feathers do not regrow. I have purchased one Quaker Parrot only to have someone else at petsmart find one and not be able to keep it so now I have two.

I also have two mice, a gerbil and a hamster...all unable to be sold by petsmart for one reason or another so here they reside.

Guest Anonymous

:o WOW!!!!!

Ok well i live in a 3 bedroom home about 1600 sq ( i think)

I have in order of age:

1-Pom Boonie who is about 5 years old. Rescue said 9 vet says 4-6 so we picked the middle number so he's 5. came to me in Sept 04

1- Rottie mix.. the vet and eeryone we think ( including Baileysmom ) thinks that she's mixed with Dobie.. so rottie and dobbie 2 years old ( OMG I FORGOT HER BIRTHDAY! ) she came to us Feb 15th 2002

1- Australian Shepherd Cody who as everyone knows is deaf lol .. umm
he will be 2 years old Jan 16th
He came to us April 8th 2002

:)

Guest Anonymous

oh i forgot my fish.. lol i have 7 fish

3- dwarf puffers named Belle, Bruce and Twinikie
2 Bala sharks named Dori and Spaz
1 alage eater named sucker
1 Catfish hammerheadlooking fish named Dramma Queen cuse when we picker it out it played dead and jumped outta the bag.. lol

Holy balls, Batman! You have more animals than I do, Tammy! :o

Does that make me more sane? :P

Tammy, we used to have rescue gerbils, too, believe it or not. We actually had a gerbil neutered. The vet was quite taken aback at the request. We initially rescued a mama and daddy with their three newborns from a shelter where someone dumped them off because (duh) they had babies. I mean, gerbils are quite prolific breeders. I can't imagine being shocked by it. Anyway, we started off with one cage of that family and ended up with four cages of gerbils, gerbils, gerbils everywhere! We finally sexed them all out and let them live out their lives until they pretty much just died off rather than let them keep having more babies. They aren't hard to care for, but oh my goodness, they can have so many babies in such a short amount of time. :-?

We had a rescue bunny for a while, too, but she died earlier this year. The vet believes she had cancer. :(

We also had ferrets for a while. They both lived to be close to ten years old and they died within a year of each other... the last one earlier this year.

That's it for us in regard to "exotic" rescue, at least for now. We currently have five cats:
TomCat, male (obviously, lol)- 10 years old
Butthead, male (known as Buddy in polite company)- 9 years old
Half Pint, female- 8 years old
Li'l Bit, female (Half Pint's littermate)- 8 years old
Snowball (who is solid black), male- 2 1/2 years old

We currently have nine dogs in the house, but may be getting Peaches back soon which will be ten again. Remember Peaches, the three legged foster Dobe that went to stay with my friend until my ankle could heal a little better? I'm just about ready for her to come "home."
As it is now, we have:
[b]Chico[/b], tri color Chihuahua, 7 years old... was adopted when the "breeder" threatened on ch. 19 cb radio (truckers' channel) to drop him and his littermates off a bridge to get rid of them. Chico was the last one left.
[b]Fred[/b], white Lhasa Apso, 7 years old... pet store purchase way before I knew anything about pet store purchasing :oops:
[b]Missy[/b] aka Misdemeanor, grizzled Lhasa Apso, 6 years old... other pet store purchase with *groan* the intention to breed to Fred. Again, this is way way prior to any knowledge I had of responsible breeding and pet store purchasing. Fortunately, no pups were produced. I've become very pro-rescue and "enlightened" in the last few years. All critters are speutered.
[b]Tucker Dedicated[/b], black Lab, 8ish years old... was adopted from the local kill shelter in Spring of '98. We'd read that adult black dogs are hardest to find homes for, so we went to the shelter in search of an adult black dog. It's certainly true that Labs and Lab mixes are a dime a dozen in shelters, at least ours. Tucker was certified by Delta Society as a therapy dog.
[b]Peanut[/b], cream color Toy Poodle, 5 years old... was adopted from a breeder who claimed they were her daughter's or someone else's dogs and they couldn't "get rid of" all the pups and whatever other drama that came up. Long story short, I offered her a home, but would not purchase her. They finally agreed to it.
[b]Simon[/b], silverish mini Schnzauzer, estimated to be between 8-10 years old... I actually picked him up from a busy four lane highway where I used to see him quite a bit. He used to elude me when I'd stop, but one day he hopped right into my car as if he'd been waiting for me. No one ever came forward to claim him and he's been with us for about 4 or 5 years.
[b]Perry[/b], white Standard Poodle, 5 years old... was adopted through a Florida Poodle rescue group.
[b]Pauly-NO[/b], white Standard Poodle, 5 years old, kennel mate of Perry's and quite possibly a littermate... he was actually adopted by someone an hour from me from the same Poodle rescue group that Perry came from. This person had him for a year and decided to let him go, so I got him from her. The rescue coordinator re-did the adoption paperwork so that it shows that I adopted Pauly-NO from the rescue group.
[b]Devin[/b], aka DevilDawg aka Devin DooDooHead, cream color Lhasa Apso, 2 years old... he belonged to one of my grooming clients and I had been grooming him since he was 7 weeks old. The client decided, for whatever reason (which we now believe to be his aggression and snappishness), to give him up. She initially found a home for him and then immediately reclaimed him. Then she left him with me when he was only eight months old. I had him neutered and found a perfect home for him with a single guy and his other small dog. DevilDawg got out of his house one day and was missing for two days before being returned to me (thank doG he was wearing tags). The guy was freaked out and blamed himself and was afraid it would happen again, so Devin came back to me. I again found him a home with a friend, but he bit a kid in the face, so I took Devin again even though they didn't want to give him up. Before Devin was a year old, he'd been through five homes :o . We've since learned that Devin has horrible hip dysplasia (virtually no hip sockets) and some other medical issues which we believe had a lot to do with his misbehavior. With pain management and proper handling, he is MUCH nicer and more tolerant and I'm SOOOO glad we've decided to keep him. He's a joy.

Then there are various fosters that come through. Word has somehow spread that I will do Poodle and Lhasa rescue and now Dobe rescue, though I'm not exclusive. I've placed others including a 120ish lb German Shepherd/Collie cross. Still, if there's a Poodle or mix, or a Lhasa anywhere in the area needing a home, people find us. :o

Sorry so long... this was fun. :oops:

well, in age order -

Pushy @at - black and white american shorthair - 17 years old. Acquired
from my ex-MIL, who seemed to adopt/buy animals just to get rid of them a year later..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Freebee (Free, Fruitbat) - black lab mix (GSP and some GSD, we think)
acquired from an "ooopss" birth. The woman was trying to sell them as
Purebred GSD's...When I pointed out to her that GSD's DONT have
floppy ears she gave her to me for free. 7 years old

Laurel - Purebred Foxhound. Field trialed for 6 years, then given up for
adoption to a rescue society called HELP. She has been adopted out
before, but brought back. She has issues, her worst being intense fear
of people, which she is slowly getting over. 7 years old.

Ford - A kitten my son got from an "oopss" litter, who was named after
the color of the owners pickup truck, which is the same color grey as
the kitten. :roll: :roll: :roll: My son insists he is "Built Ford Tough" so the name has stayed.....5 months

Holy Batman and Robin, what a lot of doggies most of you have. :o

Mine is very small by comparison. :D

Ruby (Ruby Doob, Woob, Wooby Dooby, Shit face) :lol:
5 year old Irish Setter, mad as a hatter setter. Love ya Rube :D

Rosie (Dozy Rosie, Biscuit, because it's the only word she responds to). :roll:
5 year old English Setter, so laid back it's scary. Loves howling to the theme music of Coronation Street though. Love ya Rosie

Cleo (Cleese, Titch, Rib Dib, Little One, Bugger Lugs)
Age between 13 and 15 years, cross Chi. Given to mum years ago when the family were having a new baby and didn't want her anymore. Sadly now with me since mum passed. But gladly because I love her and she is coming on in leaps and bounds now she has regular walkies and doggie company. Not that she bothers with Ruby and Rosie, oh no, she's too high and mighty for that. Yet chases every other dog on the Heath. :lol: It goes without saying I love you Titch. :D

Weeeee!! What fun!!

Age first...

[b]Tater[/b]..... 7-8 years old and our newest. He is a rescued Chinese Crested (hairless) and just a doll. We are making his birthday his 'forever home day'. So we are saying that he turned 7 on November 13th. Sound good?

[b]Dakota[/b].....Our 4 year old white GSD. He's just amazing and I can't WAIT to get into Rally with him! Starting up in January!!!

[b]Hunter[/b]....Our 3 year old black and tan GSD. He's our sensitive boy. He and I just finished our first session of obedience classes together and he had a BLAST! His personality has really changed and he is much more sure of himself now!

[b]Harley[/b]....our 2 year old c.a.t. She is a long hair manx mix. But she has the LONGEST tail I have ever seen! But I saw her mom and she was a pure bred Manx! So go figure.....I think dad was part monkey.

[b]Ace[/b].....Our other 2 year old c.a.t. He is our rescue and we've had him for about a year. He is allergic TO DOG DANDER. So he gets allergy shots. He's doing better but still not all the way there yet. He's worth it to me!

[b]Lexi[/b]....Our 8 month old c.a.t. She is a short hair calico/tiger. Jeremy found her on his last trip back to the old house (when we moved). She was about 3 weeks old and COVERED in ticks. It was going down to 30 degrees that night so he brought her back with him. He looked for others but couldn't find anything. She was skin and bones....and now....just loves everything. Especially her brother Tater (as you can see in the Pictures section!!).

[b]Fred[/b]....our red eared slider. She's a really cool turtle! My parents brought her back from Florida (I know it's illegal) as a baby. She was no bigger than a quarter. Now.....she's MUCH bigger than the palm of Jeremy's hand! And that's big!!!! We've had her about 3 years now.

And.....two goldfish that live with Fred!![/b]

Thank you Tammy for starting this thread!! I have been here for a little while now and try to keep up but now I can finally see what everyone has and keep up and the stories to go with it is so much fun to read. My family thinks my 3 dogs is so many dogs I now know there are others like me that think there is no limit to the number of dogs you can love. I told them as long as I am the one taking care of them what do they care. Thanks again!!

Maggie, 12 almost 13 years old, black lab.
Shadow, almost 3 years old, great pyrenees/lab
Keesha,almost 3, mutt
Sheeba, 2 years old, akita/chow mix
Ozzy, 18 months, golden ret. mix
Barkley, 18 months, springer spaniel mix
Eli, 18 months, american pit bull terrier.
you can see their stories and pics here
[url]http://www.geocities.com/tville_loser/Home-Page.html?1080359346404[/url]

Rome,Jewel, and Blaze, 2 years old, mutt cats

:D Its great to read about what everyone has.
We have in order of age.
Dogs
[b]Bull[/b] 3 year old Male Aussie Bulldog. We are his third home and got him in May 04. He is the greatest dog and we are so pleased we came across him.
[b]Charlie[/b] 2 year old Female Aussie Bulldog. We have had CHarlie since she was 8 weeks. She is a lovely girl. I started agility with her and hope to go on with this next year.
[b]Mizzy[/b]4 month old female pup that we bred. She has had a few problems health wise, (infection we nearly lost her but she has fought on) She has a final vet check on Wed and all going well she will be of to her forever home. She has been desexed and is SOLD all being well.
[b]Jessie[/b]12 week old female Aussie Bulldog. Our new kid on the block. She is so sweet. I will have to post some pics of her.
Cat
[b]Taz[/b] 2 Year old desexed male x.
Cow
[b]Caramel[/b]2 Year old jersey girl hopefully in calf.
Sheep
[b]Bo bo & Paulie[/b]6 month old lambs that we have raised from day one after they were orphaned in heavy rain.

Here we go :lol:

[b]Cassie[/b]: Newfoundland, 9 1/2 years old. Champion in 3 countries and has her CD title as well.

[b]Athena[/b]: Rottweiler 5 1/2 years of age. Rescued her, she was left tied out in a back yard with no shelter while her owner was in jail. She had a lot of issues (aggression etc.) I have worked with her and she is now my perfect little angel. Her nickname is precious, if you ever watch Lord of the Rings you will see where she gets her nickname. :evilbat:

[b]Dilon:[/b] My male Newf, Champion in 3 countries and just aquired his CD title over the summer. Momma is very proud. :wink:

[b]Tori:[/b] My little flirty Newf, one time mother and hopefully never again :roll: Champion in 3 countries...never was able to get an obedience title on her as she was never interested in it.

[b]Beau[/b]: Dobie mix; My newest member, I found him half starved and malnourished on the side of the road. Took me 3 months to get him back in shape (enough to get nuetered). He is doing great now and fits in wonderful.

[b]Spu[/b]: Domestic short hair kitty, black and sweet. One of my dogs found her by a pond as a kitten. Her eyes were not even open, the other kittens were not so lucky and had drowned....I don't know how Spu ever made it to shore, lucky I guess. It seems the owner must have thrown them over the side of the bridge in a burlap bag to drown them. My little Spu is a survivor.

[b]Oreo[/b] Domestic short hair kitty, black and white very strange looking kitty :lol: He was given to me by a friend, their child had developed allergies.

[b]Sassy[/b] She is my oldest cat, she is a Domestic long hair. I can't remember exactly how I aquired her. I think I found her on a back road as a kitten (dumped).

[b]Misty[/b] Grade mare, was leasing her recently bought her. Misty is a Cattle penner, I actually took her away to play Cattle penning with her...we had a blast.

[b]Crystal[/b] Palomino Quarter horse, my friend could no longer afford her so she signed her papers over to me :o

I will board both horses for the winter, but, this spring I am building a barn and fencing in some of my pasture land for the horses. They will then live here full time. The new house I bought has huge lawns and pasture land, I decided it was either a ride on mower or horese...the horses won. :lol:

Holy Mr. Potato Head some of you have tons of animals! Sheesh I pale in comparison.

[b]Zebra-[/b]A 2 year brindle Golden/GSD mix. Adopted from North L.A Pound on a whim while at petsmart. Is a part robot with all the metal plates and pins in his hip. :lol: Also has a bad attitude and thinks he is alpha. :roll:

[b]Nibbles-[/b]A 3 year old black/violet/grey rabbit. Came to us the day after my dad's best friend died. Some stranger came to our door late one night and said he "found" the little rabbit on our lawn. We kept her. She is our miriacle bun.

Our house is about 2600sq ft and has 4 bedrooms and an office.

The list

Niki-4 year old female Border Collie
Bozy-3 year old male Aussie
Cody-1 year old female Aussie

Hannah-6 year old female DSH black kitty
Quki-5 year old female DLH calico of some sort
Buzz-1 year old male orange kitty
Missy- 7 month old female white and black tabby kitty
Emmie-Missy's twin.

Screetch-male gray cockatiel
JJ-female gray cockatiel

Thomas-Female box turtle
Dot-Male box turtle

:o Wow !!!!! And my hubby calls me "The Dog Lady" ???

O.K in order of appearance;

Sassafrass Louise- (Sassy, SassFrass, Sassafrass Louisy,Snow Queen, Casper, The White Ghost, etc.......)
Jack Russell Terrier, aquired her from a private breeder at 8weeks, she's now 3yr. and the Queen Bee. Loves to snuggle and sleeps under the covers with me !!

Gretchen Josephine-(Gretchie, Big Blackie, Chewbacca, Wookie, girlfriend)
Rottweiler/LabradorX, I aquired her from a shiesty breeder that was passing them off as purebred Rotts. She was the prettiest thing I've ever seen and is still absolutely gorgeous.
She's got the sweetest disposition around.......She follows me around the house at all times......she doesn't sleep on the bed but right next to it on a cushy dog bed....I think she's afraid of the water bed !!!
She'll be 3yr. on Christmas day !!!

Kato @at- (Rotten @at, Fat @at, Mr. Stinkers) Orange Tiger 2yr. old
My oldest daughter actually got him for herself......and brought him to our house to see.......my 2 younger kids fell in love with him and she couldn't bear to take him away.......she said he was 8wk. but when we took him to the Vet, the Vet said he'd be surprised if the feline was 6wk.
He's never seen another @at, and I really think he thinks he's a dog.....he's the same size as one of my Jacks !!! 17lb. !!!

Maisy Mae- (Mais, Crazy Maisy, Mai-Mae, Maisy Moo-Moo, Scaredy @at)
Jack Russell Terrier 2yr. old
JRT's are like chips, can't have just one.......got Mais at 8wk. from a breeder of JRT's and Horses. Seems the two go together.
Mais is the youngest and the alpha, she and Kato used to be best friends but now she's afraid of him which earned her the last nick name !!
The Moo-Moo nickname is because she looks like a Jersey cow with her markings !!! Maisy is my biggest lover.........if she can get anywhere near your face you will be instantly French kissed :P !!! She loves to be on me at all times and sleeps with me too !!

My hubby Kris is a big YES fan and they have an album called "Welcome to the House of YES", well in the summer time he writes with sidewalk chalk on our sidewalk......"WELCOME To The HOUSE of YAP" :roll:

Maybe if I showed my mom this list she wouldnt think I'm so nuts!
I have:

[b]Bongo[/b]..... 11 (almost 12) yr old GSD mix "boonie" dog we adpted at 8 wks from a shelter in Guam.

[b]Bailey[/b]..... 1 yr old Beagle mix adopted in May '04 - she's my spoiled little girl, but also a big pain in the butt sometimes!

[b]Furby, Junior and Shane[/b]..... 4 mo old "mutt" fosters we have had since 5 wks old - They are beyond a handful most days, but I love them so much and dread the day (soon) they will go back and find their forever homes. :cry:

[b]Toby[/b]..... 6 yr old black dsh kitty - keeps to himself mostly, hates puppies who tackle him, but loves my daughters bed :lol:

Ok here's our list...

[b]Carson:[/b] aka Doof, Dummy, Silly Pup, Carse... 1-ish year old English Springer Spaneil, adopted from MAESSR about 3 months ago (has it really been that long!?!?!?). He's a doof and is INCREDIBLY anything-that-runs driven. The stupid bird dog has no intrest in birds at all. But bunnies... or squirrels! oh my... he looses complete control of his body. Just ask R2 hee hee.

[b]Fritz:[/b] aka Fatty, King, Fritzie, Fritzie poo.... 9 year old DSH, adopted from our local shelter when he was 3 months old. He is FAT. And hwne i say fat... i mean FAT. He' weighs 19.4 lbs at last vet visit. He thinks he is the king of the house, and we arent telling him otherwise! The only person in the house he wont bite is my mom because she is the queen. But my dad he has an evil grudge against hee hee.

[b]Schnickel:[/b] aka Schnick, Snicky poo, Baby boy.... 9 year old DSH, Fritz's litter mate. He's not quite as fat as Fritz, but still a big boy. We setted out to the shelter to only get one kitty... I saw Schnick and fell in love. My mom bent down to look inside, and Fritz climed up onto her neck and she had to get him. But I would NOT leave Schick there. So we got both :lol: Good thing too, I think that they'd be bored to death without another cat. To this day, Schickel is my baby and Fritz is my moms.

[b]Charger:[/b] aka Stupid Turtle... I have no clue how old Red Ear Slider turtle... he's a dumbutt. He thinks that he can get out of his tank by charging the glass. And when you put your finger against the glass he tries to bite it, as if he would be able to eat it :roll:

[b]Fish:[/b] My dads... They dont have names... too many to have names, my dad loves having fish and its basicaly his job... Im not a fish person hee hee.

Yeah thats all I guess... Jeez alot of you have TONS of animals!

Guest Anonymous

Let's see here. I have 7 animals.
Caeser- almost 3 year old husky mix adopted from the Humane Society.
Petie, Piper, and Paws- 2 1/2 year old DSH kitties adopted from Humane Society
Bentley- 2 (on Christmas) year old St. Bernard
Roxie- 1 (on New Years) year old St. Bernard
And last but not least, Phil the turtle(red ear slider). He's around 4 years old and is now residing with my sister at college because she wanted a pet and he was the only one that could stay with her. He'll be back with us when she's done with college. :D

Only one dog, Rowie.

[b]Rowie[/b] (aka Rooroo, Rowie-the-Pooh, roorie, girl :lol:) Bought from a man who was selling her because he was leaving the country and his wife had allergies. Came home July 12, 2003. The love of my life and has taught me almost everything about owning a dog :D.

Our two budgies:
[b]Momo[/b] and [b]Bobo[/b] (aka...nothing really) Female and male budgies, given as a gift on my birthday May 22, 2002. [color=red][b]I did not chose the names[/b][/color] :lol:

What a fun thread!! :P

I have in order of age

Roger 4 yr old DLH Tiger very very very naughty and extremely sensitive, hates other cats!!!!! I love him though, he is a lot bigger than his puppy buddies, he doesn't mind them as much. As long as he gets his way always.

Spike 6 Mth old Male Chinese Crested Powder Puff. Just awesome, I love him to death.

Foxy 3 month old Female Chinese Crested Hairless with serious knee problems. She is going to be a costly one, but here forever. Breeder gave us option and we chose to keep her. She is my daughters, her responsibility and she does a great job!!!!

Thats all for me. I commend some of you guys, sounds like some of you have a lot of responsibility on your hands!!!!

Guest Anonymous

lol you guys adding your hubby i should add mine.. although he's more childish then all 3 dogs put together lol

so Justin 23 years odl.. 24 in June.. although imust say i do miss his crazy childish acts lol 307 days!