Dogomania

My gorgeous boy

ellieangel

This is by far the saddest thing I have ever had to write.

My beautiful boy Rio left us yesterday afternoon.....I can't bring myself to tell you what forced our decision....I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression of him,so many people don't understand,he wasn't nasty,he didn't have a nasty bone in his body but the anxiety and panic that he lived with everyday were all consuming to him.

The grief is more than I could ever have imagined,the gap he leaves is massive,and the anger that I feel towards the breeders who created the situation rages in me,to me they are the scum of the earth.

I'll let you know what he was to me..........to me he was a huggable goof ball who was gentle and obedient,he had a circle of people who he trusted,and those people he adored.
All his favourite people were with him yesterday my best friend Kerry and her husband,my hubby and Lannie my sister,and of course Ellie,while he lay in his bed and I held his head in my arms telling him over and over that he was a good boy and we loved him.

I miss him so badly and the pain is a physical one he was such a huge character,I am finding it so hard to cope.

Rio was my big gnu,my big clumsy oaf my face licker when I was sad,my companion every day goofing around with Ellie and making me smile.

He was my gorgeous boy

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0aABGAxIg9pnVtleqMDRrA6vDxfv5FQJlEEK0ZlpgqyhQA9cHrlhNCXJplkWyfR2kiQU4ci2dXrJ9VCVI*1Qx!zLNa6EsvS9mHxZS6W7XrkIlZF2n3utwQAXdfx0lkDztKd4qBpQK5haeJThD6jCn!QDS*HfA5vh3/Rio%20asleep%20in%20his%20bed.jpg?dc=4675454213734688405[/img]

Zoe, I'm sooooo sorry. :cry: I don't know what to say, may he run free at the rainbow bridge, free from those horrible breeders!

You gave him the best life ever, remember all the good times you two had. You gave him a sister (Ellie), loads of friends, walks in the park, everything a dog loves! You truly have a place in his heart, and mine. You were, and still are his guardian angel.

Dogo will be the shoulder for you to cry on hun, you know where to find us! :wink:

OMG Zoe I don't even know what to say! :cry: I'm like in complete shock. :cry:

I know that u gave him the best possible life he could have though, and I'm sure for whatever reason u made the right decision. :angel: Be strong, I know it's painful but I'm sure he's happy at the bridge playing with all the other doggies. :angel:

Zoe, I am so sorry, be sure I know the grief you are going through right now. :cry: :cry: :cry: I know you loved Rio more than anything and you did your very best for him and he knows that. Share your grief with us, I can assure you it does help and remember we are here for you anytime you need a shoulder to cry on. And if you're anything like me who just wants to talk about mum all the time be sure I will listen with compassion, love and sympathy.

:angel: Run free at the bridge Rio :angel: God Bless :buzi:

Zoe, I am so so sorry.

I am sitting here at my desk in tears and in utter shock. I noticed you mentioned Rio's memorial in another thread and my heart lept straight into my throat having not seen this thread yet, I did a frantic search and my fears were confirmed.. :cry: again I am so sorry

Lots of hugs to you.

Mel it is a comfort to know that he has touched the lives of people all over the world who never even met him.

How can anybody scorn technology when it brings people together like this,when I think of the people I have chatted to on the webcam,who have saw my big gnu goofing around like he did,I can't imagine life without my doggy friends.

This forum has been such a source of strength for me especially over the last few days.

Sometimes I can see the light at the end of the tunnel,other times I feel like I will never be happy again,I know I will come through this but I never imagined it would hurt so bad. :(

Love you guys :buzi:

:( Zoe,

I saw your post about Ellie being sad and lonely....... I couldn't believe it :o I'm in shock and utterly heartbroken. :cry: This is the first I knew of Rio's passing.
I just want you to know that I always thought he was the most beautiful boy ! And I'm heartbroken that he's gone, and what you and your family must be going through...... :cry: I'm in a state of shock and can hardly accept that it's true........ :( :( :( :(
May you meet again :angel:
Love you,
~Debbie~