Dogomania

why do people like UGLY dogs and MEAN dogs?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Example=ugly dogs.

BULL TERRIER (wheres the nose)
PUG(ewwww what truck hit its face) :o
BULLDOG(need i say?)
BOSTON TERRIER(just ugly)
GERMAN SHEPARDS(back legs dont straighten out) :evil:
PEEKINGEESE(mushed in face, snorts a lot)

mean dogs.

PIT BULLS
GERMAN SHEPARDS :evilbat:

I guess I can understand why some like the mean dogs,
they think they are macho or cool when they have one-whatever! :roll:
but the ugly dogs, why do people like them? are they blind people?
Why do you think they like them?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

LOL!!
Doesnt look like Goo likes the new guy too much...
All I have to say is :roll:

And, just cause I want to put it down somewhere...
My favorite quote from the Extreme Elimination Challenge....
[size=6]"Peace Through Ignorance"[/size]

Guest Anonymous

[quote]You lot are shameless post collectors are'nt you???? [/quote]
Guilty as charged!!
I just had to comment on Goo not liking the new poster! Im sure she doesnt stick her tongue out at just anyone!

Guest Anonymous

Actually, I think that the poster asks a kind of interesting question, (although I doubt that s/he meant to) and one that people who do rescue (for example) need to confront. That is, what is the potential for somebody "liking" an unattractive dog enough to adopt it, and what qualities make an unattractive dog adoptable anyway?

The bottom line, I suspect, is that few of us would adopt dogs that WE think are ugly, although other people might think that they are, um, not the ultimate in attractiveness. So I thought it would be a fun little exercise if people would rank their dogs attractiveness, both in their own eyes (and I don't mean inner beauty, I mean how physically attractive you really think that dog is) and as most other people people see them. Scale of ten with five being a dog who is about average in attractiveness and one being a dog whose looks (again we are NOT talking about their inner soul, just how pretty they are) only a mother could love.

My dogs (from oldest to youngest):

Number one: I would put him at about a three, personally. There are things about his looks I like, but he sure isn't the ultimate in physical attractiveness. I think the average person would rank him a bit lower, maybe a two.

Number two: About average, maybe a five, although she looks very nice when she is clean and groomed. Most people seem to be very attracted to her looks and would probably rank her at a seven or more.

Number three--I think she is pretty and the average person seems to think she is stunning. I'd give her a six, the average person maybe an eight.

Number four--I think she is a ten. The average person probably thinks she is a three or four. (She is an acquired taste).

So, can you OBJECTIVELY rank your dogs in terms of looks?

primrose

I could but why would I want to? Personally I think my dogs are the most beautiful in the world, and what anyone else thinks dosn't matter a whole lot to me. I will admit I used to think my friends pug was ugly. But I spent 4 days looking after her, and at the end realized I though she was the cutest thing ever. Now I can look at any breed and think of them as beautiful.

Guest Mutts4Me

Our new motto at the refuge is

[b]"Don't argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."[/b]

We recently got our beautiful and loving dog Gunner from the shelter. Our family has been nursing him back to health after a bad case of adult parvo. He is loyal and kind and loving. Some may think he is ugly but we dont. I will tell you what is ugly : Slamming people who dont agree with you, Lying, And people who stir up strife that is UGLY!!

Guest Anonymous

Wow German Shepards are mean dogs. I'll have to go tell my dad's two shepards Cody and Kaley that. They don't seem to know it. Too darn busy trying to play and get love. :lol: Oh and another thing, I may be the only one, but I think English Bulldogs are just about the cutest dogs on earth. Those faces are to die for!

I think pugs are adorable! And who said German Shepherds are mean? Look at all those search and rescue Shepherds! And assistant shepherds for people with disabilities. Did you know that 50 years ago, Pit Bulls were the top family dog and Golden Retrievers were concidered mean? That's completely reversed now. Give it another 50 years, and it could change again!

Guest Anonymous

[quote] Look at all those search and rescue Shepherds! And assistant shepherds for people with disabilities.[/quote]
That doesnt mean their pretty........other dogs do that stuff to, but with less odor and aggression.

Primrose-thank you for understanding the question instead of throwing knifes at me. You truly are intelligent. :D
Come on all, we all know those dogs are ugly/mean. If you were a dog would you want to look like a collie or a pug?
Shave the collies butt and have it walk backwards and you get a german shepard. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and the german shepards are very mean. Why else would cops use them????????? I have heard of many attacks by them and pit bulls.
THose 2 breeds should be banned, in fact in Miami pit bulls already are banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :lol: :D :lol: 8)

[quote name='Anonymous'][quote] Look at all those search and rescue Shepherds! And assistant shepherds for people with disabilities.[/quote]
That doesnt mean their pretty........other dogs do that stuff to, but with less odor and aggression.

Primrose-thank you for understanding the question instead of throwing knifes at me. You truly are intelligent. :D
Come on all, we all know those dogs are ugly/mean. If you were a dog would you want to look like a collie or a pug?
Shave the collies butt and have it walk backwards and you get a german shepard. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and the german shepards are very mean. Why else would cops use them????????? I have heard of many attacks by them and pit bulls.
THose 2 breeds should be banned, in fact in Miami pit bulls already are banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :lol: :D :lol: 8)[/quote]

ROTFLMFAO!!! Your hilarious! Police use German SHEPHERDS (spell it right!) because their one of the smartest and most trainable breeds. To be used for police work dogs have to be highly trained and know when to bite and when to let go when the handler commands them. If you did research instead of just spewing venom you would know this. I actually have no idea why I'm replying to this, Please crawl back under your bridge and stay there.

I agree that certain breeds are less nicelooking than others. But not liking a breed because of the way they look is really very superficial. Personality is what matters!

I'm not going to bother answering the "mean" dog thing. Its just ludicrous. I can't believe someone actually believes that kind of thing... :o