Dogomania

why do people like UGLY dogs and MEAN dogs?

Guest Anonymous

Both the guest and the rabid nutso "poodle" I think are in breach of the user agreement- poo posting, trolling, whatever one wants to call it, isn't condoned.

Please take the hint people and piss off. otherwise you'll be banned.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

You rabid poodle are not worth the time or effort to express anything. all i can say is

GET A LIFE, OR GET OUT

Guest Anonymous

My first day here and I discover that my dogs are both considered ugly, and one is also mean... :-?. Ah well, as someone said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Neither of the two dogs I have now were one of my "favorite" breeds, but they were the ones that obviously (to me) needed to join my family. And while there are many breeds that don't initially appeal to me, I have to say that once I meet a representative of a breed I'm usually pleasantly surprised! My Pekingese is a perfect example of that...I never cared for small dogs, let alone small "foo-foo" dogs, lol! I had many ideas about them, most of which have proven to be misconceptions...he's a great little dog. And I was never overly fond of German Shepherds...but now I am convinced they are wonderful dogs! Perhaps if you would get to know dogs of the breeds you seem to so despise you would change your opinion...or maybe you really do just want to "stir the pot." :roll:

I generally as a rule try to stay out of the nonsense, but I really can't anymore :-? .
[quote]Shave the collies butt and have it walk backwards and you get a german shepard.
and the german shepards are very mean. Why else would cops use them????????? I have heard of many attacks by them and pit bulls. [/quote]
If ignorance were bliss, then you should be downright deliriously happy :-? .

And I'll be sure to call the folks I used to work with at The Seeing Eye and advise them to no longer use the "very mean" GSD for guide dogs :roll: .

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='kendalyn']go away primrose and rapid-poodle. :roll:[/quote]

Why so hostile, kendalyn? Nobody is forcing you to participate, but why would you be overtly hostile to a discussion of the role of physical beauty in, for example, the choice to adopt or rescue a dog? Don't you think it is useful for us to have some realistic idea how important it is for most adopters?

Interestingly, while most of the posters here seem to take an "every dog is beautiful on the inside" line and profess not to care even the teensiest bit about how attractive the outside of a dog is, they also seem to get highly, highly offended at even the suggestion that anybody else might think that their personal dogs are less than canine Mr. and Ms. Americas. I guess this is a canine version of Lake Woebegon, and all the dogs are above average, huh?

primrose

Guest Anonymous

My favourite dog has always been the rottie (surprised the breed wasn't mentioned as being "mean"). I have always loved their build, look, nature and personality. While I did "like" the German Shepherd they where not a dog I really wanted to own.

When we got our first GSD about a year ago he has just grown on me and I can't believe that I didn't want one. My boy has a beautiful personality and everyone who meets him just loves him - there is definately nothing "ugly" about him. Even with the little scar on his nose he is the most beautiful dog around because his personality just shines through. Even when he digs up my favourite plant or chews up all my pot plants I can't stay mad at him - his love for me is unconditional, the same way my love for him is unconditional.

I must admit one of my problems is that I don't usually see people for what they look like but the way that act. I was introduced to a male friend's new girlfriend recently who has "model" looks but the personality and nature is just plain nasty.... I can't understand why people think she is attractive when I can't find anything attractive about her.

[quote]Example=ugly dogs.

BULL TERRIER (wheres the nose)
PUG(ewwww what truck hit its face)
BULLDOG(need i say?)
BOSTON TERRIER(just ugly)
GERMAN SHEPARDS(back legs dont straighten out)
PEEKINGEESE(mushed in face, snorts a lot)

mean dogs.

PIT BULLS
GERMAN SHEPARDS

I guess I can understand why some like the mean dogs,
they think they are macho or cool when they have one-whatever!
but the ugly dogs, why do people like them? are they blind people?
Why do you think they like them?[/quote]
as yes, i see we are unfamliar with the standards of the english language, eh?

but yes of course you're right! kiwi, where are those bull terrier noses? how do they even breathe without noses? k and anyone else with those freakish smoosh faced dogs...didn't you know snorting is ugly!?! oh and those shepherds...how do they even walk with those legs that don't straighten? someone should really do something about birth deformities like that. i mean, they'd still be ugly AND mean, but maybe a little less ugly.

and yep, i own a pit bull because it makes me macho. i also have tons of tattoos and throw rocks at old ladies. and let me tell you, roxy sure does make me look even tougher when she flops down in the middle of the sidewalk and rolls around on her back. oohhh scary!

GO AWAY. YOU ARE DUMB AND PROBABLY UGLY AND MEAN.
(what's up with the trolls lately?)

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, my APBTs are sooo mean! You better not try to approach one or you might get your face licked off!!
Where are these people coming from??
And Bull Terriers dont have noses?? Wow... freaks of nature...
Being uneducated must be a btch....

4 pages in this thread??? :o Guest you're making history! you're gonna be so famous!, the sad part is the most of the post in here are from people laughing at your pathetic topic. :lol:

Oh yeah, count me in! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still taken aback that any such character would dare defame the Poodle name *snort*. There's a place in h*ll for people like that. See what happens to those who take the name Poodle in vain. This is you on the right. I know it happens because I saw it in a cartoon. You just wait and see!

HF PoodleSnob
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0agDpAiAje6T03IXZPkCpnl18PdNiFp18EXlvmsGEZ4Kf56iVCsQQN6QR*nQqlXO6KQ4MyI1BXoeO3OvXacmH!ikWARWxEr64RwIrtmKegbA3g947R*xOeDNyCNFVsE2gQ8THdCusCD0w0ZtdL3qEcozixvV5egzK/Standard%20substandard.jpg?dc=4675460972060852207[/img]

Yes! We're obviously not trying hard enough! Let's keep posting!
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YQDnAlMgSoMnKnQkv4xh!0o2wZXX8UeyVzFDCDFLvVqYh!72i5ZyBS9Rh1lBDaeiaRymdA!l8bMNiUhw!5xvZJm1QR0aeLAC3UhxJ09NK!x83KmqkKYmjDlGTKR*EZSVqZoLralRwtoHE9ivAP!wQw/womancomputer.gif?dc=4675445993878350693[/img]

[quote name='Anonymous']Interestingly, while most of the posters here seem to take an "every dog is beautiful on the inside" line and profess not to care even the teensiest bit about how attractive the outside of a dog is, they also seem to get highly, highly offended at even the suggestion that anybody else might think that their personal dogs are less than canine Mr. and Ms. Americas. I guess this is a canine version of Lake Woebegon, and all the dogs are above average, huh?

primrose[/quote]

Ruby is stunning, until you look at her ears... they give her 'character' :D

Of course not everyone has the good taste to see her beauty that I do. A discussion about what breed of dog is cute or ugly is like a discussion about whose kids are cute or ugly. Some are more attractive than others, but even the ugliest dog is loved by its owner - and that love makes the dog at least 'cute'...

Oh well, this is a stupid topic and was definately started by a troll... I'll go away now.

Michelle

[quote]My mom is looking at me like I'm a FREAK![/quote]

You bloody are for getting me started on this again when you know it's addictive. :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

[img]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc1.jpg[/img]

[quote]All you people must be officially insane![/quote]

This is true, :lol: blame DL. :lol: Even Jeff is at it now. :roll: :wink:

:lol: But it has lightened the mood of the place a bit don't you agree. :lol: