Dogomania

Bye Bye Dal!!

Guest Anonymous

You're not an idiot Courtnek! :D
I speak Finnish and Sweedish without any problems. And english too I guess.. And then I can a few sentences in German and a few words in French, Spanish and Italian.
See this is my best in German: Ich kannst nicht virstande Deuch so viele, aber ich wirstande Deuche ein bissien...
:oops: I told you I wasn't good!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='courtnek']I AM A COMPLETE UNCULTURALIZED IDIOT!!

Do you realize that it NEVER occured to me that any of you DIDNT speak fluent English???

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

What is the natural language of the Netherlands K?

and I apologize, to all my non-english-speaking friends here, for just
ASSUMING.....

:cry:[/quote]
I was thinking that too!!! :oops: :oops:

Wow, everyone's made me shed some tears reading this! :cry: :oops: Everyone here is like family to me. My boyfriend REALLY doesn't get it, when he'll be like "who ya talkin to?" (on msn) then I'll be like "oh Steph, and K, and Zoe" or whoever, and he'll be like "WHO?" and I'll go "people from dogo" and he's like 'OOh, THOSE people" he doesn't understand how I really concider ya'll my friends!!
I've only had very few friends who I could open up to like I can with some people from Dogo. And most of those people I could open to once upon a time, I can't anymore. I've gone through SO many friends and have been betrayed so many times. My boyfriend keeps telling me I'd have more friends if I was nicer to people, but he doesn't understand that most of the people he wants me to be nice to, I was nice to once and they hurt me lots. The people on dogo are the first to ever truly accept me (besides Kakky, and Jared) and who have never betrayed me in any way, and I not only love them, but respect them a great deal, which is a hard thing to earn from me because of what's happened to me with peopel in the past :wink:
Just gota give a shout...
I LOVE YOU ALL! YOUR MY BESTEST FRIENDS! :D :lol: :lol:

[quote name='HazelNutMeg'][quote name='courtnek']I AM A COMPLETE UNCULTURALIZED IDIOT!!

Do you realize that it NEVER occured to me that any of you DIDNT speak fluent English???

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

What is the natural language of the Netherlands K?

and I apologize, to all my non-english-speaking friends here, for just
ASSUMING.....

:cry:[/quote]
I was thinking that too!!! :oops: :oops:

Wow, everyone's made me shed some tears reading this! :cry: :oops: Everyone here is like family to me. My boyfriend REALLY doesn't get it, when he'll be like "who ya talkin to?" (on msn) then I'll be like "oh Steph, and K, and Zoe" or whoever, and he'll be like "WHO?" and I'll go "people from dogo" and he's like 'OOh, THOSE people" he doesn't understand how I really concider ya'll my friends!!
I've only had very few friends who I could open up to like I can with some people from Dogo. And most of those people I could open to once upon a time, I can't anymore. I've gone through SO many friends and have been betrayed so many times. My boyfriend keeps telling me I'd have more friends if I was nicer to people, but he doesn't understand that most of the people he wants me to be nice to, I was nice to once and they hurt me lots. The people on dogo are the first to ever truly accept me (besides Kakky, and Jared) and who have never betrayed me in any way, and I not only love them, but respect them a great deal, which is a hard thing to earn from me because of what's happened to me with peopel in the past :wink:
Just gota give a shout...
I LOVE YOU ALL! YOUR MY BESTEST FRIENDS! :D :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I hear ya loud 'n clear Shara! :D
No one understands why I "waste" so much time on the internet. Waste? Ha! I wouldn't call spending time on Dogo wasting my time! Never!

I thought I was the only one that felt this way. :oops: I thought people would think I'm crazy saying that people I have never met before are my close, close, really close friends. It's good to know we all feel the same! :wink:
[quote]I LOVE YOU ALL! YOUR MY BESTEST FRIENDS![/quote]
Me too! :D

OK Crested, I'm going to give this a shot

"I do not understand German so well, but I understand Germans....."
and that's where I got lost....

K - I took French and can figure it out when written, but have a hard time understanding it when spoken....

so I have this to back me up:

Parlez en Englais, sil vous plais.....Je ne parle pas Francais...

(Speak English please, I dont speak French....)

I have French Canadian clients, who always launch in fluid french as soon
as you answer the phone...and I have to stop them and tell them I dont speak french...(not good enough at least to hold a technical computer-based conversation....)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='K'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']
You guys have taught me so much more than just dogs![/quote]

I agree and Sash mentioned it to me once too..you should take a look waaaaay back when I got here...and see how bad my posts were...appauling...I have come a long way with your help...[/quote]

K, couldn't help but look at your very first posts! :oops:

I didn't find anything wrong with them! They seemed okay to me! :wink:

Geeze....! Look at what I miss when I have to work and run errands! :roll:

I too am sorry that DAL left; hopefully when things settle down she will return. :( But as I say to my students...."that is [b]your [/b]choice" - or DAL's choice in this case. Nothing can be forced.

I consider members of this board my friends. All of you would be welcome for coffee and a walk through the woods anytime! :D

As far as languages go......believe it or not I took one year of Latin in high school... :o How old does that make me?! :roll: Then I took Spanish the following year and a year of French in college. Nothing took! My ignorance of other languages is encyclopedic! It's not that I have no desire to learn, I just have no ear for them. :-? I think the only real way to learn is to live where the language you want to learn is spoken. No money for that!

At any rate.....I'm glad I stumbled across Dogo last December!

Guest Anonymous

I think we've gotten a bit off topic, AGAIN :o :lol: :roll: So I'm guna start a jibber Jabber (I think that's what it was called before, someone correct me if I'm wrong! :oops: ) in NDR, and I'll post my reply about the languages there :wink:

Link (for the lazy ones like me :wink: ): [url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?p=116843#116843[/url]

Hey K I'll make you a deal. You teach me to speak better Dutch and I'll help with English if I can! I can recognise words and things but the whole verb reversal is just pickling to my brain! :o Really have to learn to speak it better so I know what they say to me in the super de boer! We have to meet up at some point! I'm in Lelystad for a party not this coming but next Saturday night, but I've no idea of the area!

Knuffeltjes en kusjes en balletjes voor jouw honden! :D

Although I do have tangible friends that I can go and visit and touch I also think it is very healthy to have cyber friends. I can be a little insecure and a little self-conscious at times, so there are things that I would share with a cyber friend that I wouldn't with someone I was actually face to face with.

Since I have been at Dogo I have seen a lot of topics where people want to get things off their chests or share a problem and I think forums like this are a great medium for that as it lets people release things that they would normally keep bottled up inside.

Oh - and my "real friends" aren't as dog crazy as I am. They think it's a little weird. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Ok *puts on protective gear* I know that i'm sure there are people on here, who are going to be really pissed at me for this. BUT I DON'T CARE!

With that said, let me start ( bare with me, as i have no idea how long this will be )

I know it was only 5 days ago i said i was leaving, in that time i've had many people ask me to stay, and many people say very nice things to me , who support me and my decsions..
Today i recived a letter from my husband, i had talked to him the other day and told him how things were going and so on..
so in this letter today he wrote to me, that i am a good person, and i did the right thing rewarding the dogs for what they did. he thinks there was something seriously wrong/bad with this person who came to the house, for in the past Cody and Zoey have barked ( well eerytime the door bell rings) but when we say ok, calm down they stop, so that alone gives him reason to belive that there was something wrong with this guy and that Cody and Zoey were doing the right then and protecting me, letting the guy know that they were not going to let him near me. My husband had me call the satilight people and tell them this, and he has the MP's comming out at night to check on me everyday until he comes home.
Also today i was listening to the radio today and asong came on and got me thinking, i really paid attention to the words that were being said ( cheesey i know ) and the song was right, my husband was right and some of the peopleon here were right, saying life is to short and not to let the small things get to me. I'm trying to be more open minded and not leave when i am hurt.
I do cherish what everyone said on here and i will understand those who ae mad at me, i am ready for the tounge lashing that i amsure i'll recive..
long story short i'm back and will never ever leave here again. no matter how mad i get or how hurt i get. there are people on here whom i will never talk to again, so if you post and i dont respond, or you post in my thread and i dont respond, then you know why.
i just want to thank my friends Sheltilover, K, StarFox, Shara, doglover,lucky chaous and elliesangle for being there for me. i am back and will never leave again..
forthouse of you who are mad i hope you can forgive me, if not then hey everyone is entilted to their opinons and this is what i am going to live by now..

Thanks for reading this, now i must get busy and read everything i missed..

shara congrats ont eh mentor!!

thanks everyone
~DAL~

I can't believe how choked up I got reading about how everyone feels about everyone else.....it's a beautiful thing :wink:

DAL I'm pleased that you are staying babe we will be here to help you get through the long lonely days and nights when hubby isn't there :wink:

I'm glad that you consider me a friend and I feel the same :buzi:

No-one around me understands the connection I have here,I don't really expect them to and I have given up trying if I am honest :roll:

You know the other thing I love about dogo is that there is no prejudice at all,nothing matters to us colour,race,age,fat,thin,short,tall, none of it is important the only thing you get on here is what is on the inside and thats really all that matters.

(((hugs))) all round :wink:

[quote name='ellieangel']I can't believe how choked up I got reading about how everyone feels about everyone else.....it's a beautiful thing :wink:

DAL I'm pleased that you are staying babe we will be here to help you get through the long lonely days and nights when hubby isn't there :wink:

I'm glad that you consider me a friend and I feel the same :buzi:

No-one around me understands the connection I have here,I don't really expect them to and I have given up trying if I am honest :roll:

You know the other thing I love about dogo is that there is no prejudice at all,nothing matters to us colour,race,age,fat,thin,short,tall, none of it is important the only thing you get on here is what is on the inside and thats really all that matters.

(((hugs))) all round :wink:[/quote]

You said it sistah! :wink:

Hi . . .

As you know I'm fairly new here so perhaps you think "Who the heck is she to say?" LOL.....

However I've been to many boards and hosted many as well and even moderated a few in my day and these days I prefer to be sitting back and enjoying it more 'cause it's so much hard work! I respect everyone who hosts or mods sites 'cause it can be tedious although it is a lot of fun. :)

However, in that time I met a lot of wonderful people, and many were friends. Some were acquaintances such as you have IRL. "hello and goodbye" you know, some closer that you emailed, some even closer you postal mailed and even telephoned, some exchanging presents...not cyber presents, I am referring to "real" presents.

And I ALSO have met some cyber friends in real life. Some I didn't get a chance to because of different reasons and distances, but there are many I would LOVE to meet that I've known for years and are so incredibly close to. The people that I have met are REAL friends. They are real people, and now I have had the opportunity to give them the hug that they deserved for being so great and such a great, yep, you said it, "friend"! :)

I have experienced "bad" things with people on the internet too, those from the get-go, and those that appeared to be friends. But as IRL, you go with your gut, and you just "know". This is something that happens everywhere....it's not "just the internet" but it's "life". People are different, and people will react and be opinionated. It's easy to attack when you hide behind a computer. I've seen many "trolls" do terrible things to others, I've had it done to myself. Not everyone is "thick-skinned" and can handle it. When I first started on the internet I was extremely "thin-skinned" and got hurt a lot. But I've learned my lessons and grew from them and I'm a better person for them. It would take a lot for someone to hurt me now, lol...and I always make sure if I'm not sure how someone is conveying their message, to read it a couple times to make sure I'm reading it correctly. Sometimes you'll find it was YOU who misread. We are all our own directors. We read what WE FEEL. And it's VERY difficult sometimes to convey what you're trying to say, and sometimes you don't do a good job. ::raises hand:: GUILTY!!!! lol.....It happens. But if others say "OK, I'm sorry, that's not what I meant..." I think it should be accepted as a sincere apology because everyone deserves another chance. If it were to continue to happen, well, then you walk away.

However, the people that type on these boards and emails; the people on the "other side" of the computer are REAL. They hurt, they feel, and they have lives like yourself. Sometimes it's hard to fathom someone having a relationship/friendship with a person from the internet. These days having relationships over the internet (significant others i mean) are soaring, why not just a "friend?"

Years ago people accepted a "pen pal" as a friend. This is just faster! LOL!

To me, an internet friendship (or relationship even) is learning about the person from the inside out. No superficial "reading a book by it's cover" messages....just knowing the heart, mind and soul *first*, and seeing a picture, having a meeting later. I think it's ideal in many ways, don't you?

;)

Of course not all relationships over the internet are ideal OR safe. You have to take precautions just like you would IRL....you don't talk to every stranger and hand out your phone number to ever tom, dick and harry, however, there is a special bond that can grow from knowing someone this way, because sometimes it's not as easy to learn the person from the outside in, rather the inside out. This is also basically an easier way to find friends who have similar interests and can understand one another. Sometimes even our closest "real life" friends cannot catch our drift, and it's sometimes our "internet friends" that fill that void. And why not?

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all even though I don't have time to read most of the posts; I attempt to by time doesn't allow;
It seems like such a lovely site and I hate to see posts that get a tiny bit sour as I did in the past of the old boards I used to hop on, it has caused me to become silent in my old age LOL, but I learned a thing or two myself, I tend to remain neutral; you'll see that. It doesn't mean that I don't care, it just means I don't think that more "text" will help the issue, perhaps only hurt it.

One thing that makes the internet relationships itself so interesting is that we are all so unique; we come from all different parts of the world with different beliefs and ideas and education and cultures; we need to embrace them all and appreciate them; respect them and learn from them.

Anyway, that's my ramble and I hope you all don't mind me adding my nosy 2 cents :D