Dogomania

Bye Bye Dal!!

Guest Anonymous

K is my friend...end of story.....so is Shara and Marion and Mouse and Sheltie and Malamum and Kiwi and Jen and Behle and Angelboddy and Starfox and Icey and Doglover and so on and so on (sorry if I forgot you I would have gone on for ever),please don't belittle the friendships we form on here they are important to us :(
I'm sorry but the only difference between these friends and the ones I see often is geography........the ONLY reason I don't pop round for coffee is because I can't.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa ....... I am not belittling anything! Go back and read ..... I clearly said I was not bashing ......

I love the support I get from friends that are cyber friends ......... but I love the human touch and my dogs touch even more along with human interaction ..... that is where my emotional stability comes from ..... not the internet.

Dogs are pack animals and like animals I think humans require that same thing to mature and develop and grow.

I feel there is nothing wrong with cyber friendships ..... I just think that pleading with a cyberfriend to "Please Stay" should be done privately. It draws lines between posters and moderators.

[quote name='ellieangel']K is my friend...end of story.....so is Shara and Marion and Mouse and Sheltie and Malamum and Kiwi and Jen and Behle and Angelboddy and so on and so on (sorry if I forgot you I would have gone on for ever),please don't belittle the friendships we form on here they are important to us :(
I'm sorry but the only difference between these friends and the ones I see often is geography........the ONLY reason I don't pop round for coffee is because I can't.[/quote]

Well said, Ellie!!! [img]http://www.kurts-smilies.de/kiss2.gif[/img]

:D

[quote name='sheltielover'][quote name='ellieangel']K is my friend...end of story.....so is Shara and Marion and Mouse and Sheltie and Malamum and Kiwi and Jen and Behle and Angelboddy and so on and so on (sorry if I forgot you I would have gone on for ever),please don't belittle the friendships we form on here they are important to us :(
I'm sorry but the only difference between these friends and the ones I see often is geography........the ONLY reason I don't pop round for coffee is because I can't.[/quote]

Well said, Ellie!!! [img]http://www.kurts-smilies.de/kiss2.gif[/img][/quote]

Well as far as friends go, if I had the money I would travel the globe visit with everyone of you so that I could say without any question that ALL of you are my friends.

Dal you are my friend and I think that you are a fine one. You love your dogs, want the best for them and are eager to learn more on how to care for them, especially Cody. I will miss you.

:angel:

K - you are to be admired and respected.

I had to laugh and chuckle at the posts about "being welcomed" and "would beg you to stay". I think that is marvelous to have such friends. I too have cyber friends that I do not personally know because of geography, but I know that I would always be welcomed in their homes and they in mine. A few of my dogs are from these friends ...... one as far away as Finland and one from Montana USA.

It's much easier guys to just agree or disagree than to take the long way around to come in the back door :lol:

I always teach my dogs the quickest way to any point is a straight line .... my children also as long as it is done with honesty, truthfulness and best intentions.

There is no need to reiterate to me or "make me see the light" that you all are friends ..... it is obvious. I just prefer my close friends to be "nearby"! :lol:

You are all fantastic, I must say. I haven't been here for that long, but the reason I stay here is the sense of community -- and the great advice ...

while I do agree with Mei-Mei, it's your choice to leave -- I just wanted to say that I think you all make this a fantastic place ....

and I'll miss you DAL ...

Guest Anonymous

Shara gave me this link to read. I'm still standing by my word. BUT i had to say something to Judy. for she is misinforming you..

Judy-- as for leaving another board ( sitstay i assuming your talking about ) THAT IS FAR FROM TRUE!!!!! i get on there all the time and read. its just not as active as dogo or hh. and that is why i dont post there. i never left. even after you attacked me and we had our fights on there i stuck around.. so i didnt' leave i still talk to my 2nd mom ( petpartner) on there all the time, as well as Estuko and a few others. So for you to come on here and say i left another board your wrong and i wish you would not misinform people.
you said matureity comes with age. well i am mature and i have my reasons for not wanting to stick around dogo. maybe down the road i will come back. but for now i just think i need a break. i may or may not come back only time will tell... i swear it's something about you that gets my blood steaming hot.. These people are my freinds ( you know who you are!! thanks for standing by me guys ) there are people on here who i dont consider freinds and consider a bitch harsh, which is why i'm gone. but there are many people i consider great freinds on here Sheltie lover, K , Shara, starfox, dog lover, mouse elliesangel. i know i'm missing alot. but.... i just had to post this becuase " you know i left" which i didnt. i've posted there. actually in the last month i have posted there. so please don't say anything about me unless it is true and you know for a fact.

DAL

Is all this bickering really necessary? :roll:

Life is too short to argue, you don't know whats round the corner and any one of us could be involved in a fatal car crash (Heavens forbid), so is it really worth it?

Living in NI, in a country that is tense, I live for life and live it like it is my last. A friend of mine was involved in the Eniskillen bomb a few years ago and I never got to say goodbye, although I was always great friends with him, but since then and since an incident where I nearly lost my life during a heart operation, I live for life, and so should everyone. Life is a gift, its precious and so many of us just abuse it.

DAL,
I thought I was the only one! I, too, am very sensative. I've had my share of misunderstandings, arguements, and tears shed. Actually, the only time I cry on Dogo is when there's a sad story or someone we know is hurt or when someone has their dog PTS....etc. I find that when comment seem "harsh" I try and look at it from their point of view. I imagine them at their computer, and I try and imagine what they are thinking, and then suddenly "I see the light" and I realize that they are only trying to help. Sometimes, yes, someone will be mad/confused while writing a post and it turns out all wrong, and harsh. Sometimes lack of smilies also makes what was written as a friendly, sarcastic sentace turn into something mean and cruel. It happens on every forum, all over the internet. I guarentee it!

I haven't read the other thread yet, but I know for a fact that no one on dogo will ever put Zoe, Cody, or you down! Your like family to us. I'm sure everyone that replied where trying to help, and/or wanted to state an opinion, which is what forums are for.

Please let's not fight over things of the past. Everyday is a new day!

A million thoughts are racing through my head, but I can't write them all down. I'm sure my post will be looked at in more than two ways. It happens to every post. I just can't write what I feel properly. I do hope, DAL, that you return. But I also hope you will understand that no one, especially Dogo members, ever want to put Cody or Zoey girl down! We love yah babe! :wink: Like family!

I still haven't added you on MSN, feel free to add me at : [email][email protected][/email]

Maurie

[quote name='K']Rowie said
[quote]I find that when comment seem "harsh" I try and look at it from their point of view. I imagine them at their computer, and I try and imagine what they are thinking, and then suddenly "I see the light" and I realize that they are only trying to help.[/quote]

Trust Rowie to say all we have been trying to say for ages and not actually saying...well said rowie...and thanks :buzi:[/quote]

Just doin' my job, K! :D

(Oh, K! You got me blushing! :oops: )

I hate having a broken computer! I miss so much! (school compute right now.)

DAL I know where your coming from. Even well intentioned comments can sometimes sound harsher then intended. I too am an extremely sensitive person, and cry at the smallest of things. It is your choice to leave, wheither it be for a month, a year, or forever, but I truely that you come back.

And to the rest of you, you all much more then cyber-friends to me.
Yes, I may have friends I can hang around with, but they have their own lives and worries, and to tell the truth none of them like dogs ( :roll: ) I just have to say how much I appreciate all of you, and to tell you how much all of you mean to me, dog-related and NDR.

:calus:

[quote name='Lucky Chaos']
And to the rest of you, you all much more then cyber-friends to me.
Yes, I may have friends I can hang around with, but they have their own lives and worries, and to tell the truth none of them like dogs ( :roll: ) I just have to say how much I appreciate all of you, and to tell you how much all of you mean to me, dog-related and NDR.

:calus:[/quote]

*sniff-sniff* that was beautiful......we love you too!!!!! [img]http://www.kurts-smilies.de/gruppe.gif[/img]

[quote]And to the rest of you, you all much more then cyber-friends to me.
Yes, I may have friends I can hang around with, but they have their own lives and worries, and to tell the truth none of them like dogs ( ) I just have to say how much I appreciate all of you, and to tell you how much all of you mean to me, dog-related and NDR.[/quote]

I feel the exact same! :wink:

Dogo has changed my life... I don't care if it's "just a bunch of crazy dog lovers talking" as some people would put it. You guys have taught me so much more than just dogs!

I personally love dogo! I've learned so much around here and I don't think I will ever leave. People have to hurt me bad for me to leave this place. The reason for that is that I feel so comfortable here. Actually I feel more comfortable here then in my own home, wich is weird. This is the place I feel understood and cared and yes, loved.
I'm going throgh really rough changes right now... I'm thinking of moving, but don't have the money. I'm thinking of leaving school, because I don't think I can handle the stress for much longer, but when I come here, it helps me relax and think of something else besides school, stuff I have to do, and overall stress. If I wouldn't have dogo, I don't know where I would go. I want to thank EVERYONE at dogo for beeing there for me! You mean the world for me. And mabye I someday find the courage to [i]speak[/i] english for the very first time with someone instead of writing.
I respect Dal's decition to go, but I hope you will think it over. :) I wish you all the best and give each of your dogs a big bearhug and a kiss from me. :D

/Crest

I AM A COMPLETE UNCULTURALIZED IDIOT!!

Do you realize that it NEVER occured to me that any of you DIDNT speak fluent English???

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

What is the natural language of the Netherlands K?

and I apologize, to all my non-english-speaking friends here, for just
ASSUMING.....

:cry: