Dogomania

unbelieveable evil!!!!!!!!!

jen

i was reading our local newspaper today when i was horrifically sickened by an large news spread on the 3rd page.

(Unfortunatley my scanner is broken so i can`t show you any pics and i will have to write up some of the article)

HOW POPPY THE 8YR OLD ALSATIAN WAS LEFT TO STARVE TO DEATH

A local mother of two has ben banned from owning animals for three years after leaving a dog to starve to death in the bathroom of her home.

Magistrates heard how an RSPCA inspector found the emaciated body of Poppy the German Shepherd dog at the Revesby Avenue home of 32 yr old Lyne Anne Potterton.
Poppy was just half the weight she should have been and was infested with fleas, the court heard.
RSPCA Inspector Phillip Pidcock, who was called to the house after a complaint to the RSPCA said Poppy`s skeletal form was showing through her coatwhen he found the body.
Vet Michael Kettle said Poppy, who was about 8 years old, had no fat on or in her body. Her ribs were protruding and there was severe muscle atrophy in all four limbs, dorsal alapetia, dermatitis and a heavy infestation of fleas, he told the court.
Mr Kettle said in a statement "In my opinion te dog had suffered for at least six weeks. It was severely emaciated and should hae had a vets attention weeks ago."
Housewife Potteron admitted to the offense, thought to have happened between December 22 last year through until February 3 this year.
She said Poppy belonged to her ex partner, Lee Arthur Mackman, who had left last november.
Magistrates disqualified Potteron from owning any animals for three years and forced her to hand over another pet she currently owned.
They sentenced her to a 120 hour community punishment and fined her

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: That punishment is no where near severe enough!!!!!

I really don't think I could be an RSPCA inspector or the like..... I think I would have ended up having 10 minutes alone in the bathroom with Miss Potterton and she wouldn't have looked very pretty by the time she came out. I'm not a violent person and have never hit anyone in my life but I don't think I could control myself if I actually came face to face with a person like that.

Also that is a really nice set of values she is teaching her kids - I can just imagine what they are going to turn out like. :evil: :evil:

:cry: :cry: Unfortunately it's all too common, I'm sick of reading about these incidents just lately. I really despair of the human race and I don't think things are going to get better, they seem to be getting worse. :cry: :cry:

Is it just me that feels like nobody cares for anyone else these days, it's ME, ME, ME all the time. There's no care, compassion, respect, love, kindness, not just for animals but for all the vulnerable people as well. :cry: :cry:

They abuse animals, beat up, rob and rape old people and then they get called animals, I don't know any animals that would do such things and it's an insult to call them such. :cry: :cry:

A friend has just had a quadruple bypass, his wife is disabled, they've got zillions of friends. Then how come it was me and my sister who drove her the 60 mile round trip every night to go and see him. We were there till 1.30am one night because he nearly died of a massive heart attack. We had to leave early, so most nights never got anything to eat till we got back, which was usually around 10pm. He had one other visit in nearly 3 weeks. WHO CARES, NOBODY APPARENTLY.

I to don't know how the RSPCA inspectors can stand to keep their hands of someone like this. She needs locking up with nothing to eat and drink and see how she likes it. It beggars belief the mentality of these people. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:bad-words: NO pets for 3 years??????Big freaking deal...Like that is punishment, she oviously doesn't care about her pet or she couldn't be so cruel!!! :evil: :evil:

:( :( :( There are so many things in this world I will never understand and it saddens me.

While we are on this topic of cruelty to our beloved best friends, please visit this link if you get a chance and sign the petition... I WARN YOU, another sad story :( :( [url]http://www.practical-pet-care.com[/url]

Since Australia is also a rabies free country we have very similar quarintine laws. To me this is horrible and becuase of it I will never put my dog in a position that it has to go into quarintine. However on the flip side I definatley don't want rabies here either.

This woman has Children?! :o I can just imagine how she treats them! :x

And if she didn't want the dog she didn't have to starve it to death!! My gosh! Is it SOOOOOOO hard to go to the humane society and drop the dog off?! I mean realy! Oh what a stupid Horrible evil B****!!!!! Grrr! Oh I hope she starves to death! I know that's horrible to say but I don't care..these "people" don't deserve anything better then they give. :evil: :x

Poor pitiful dog :cry: ...Hideous woman! Did she think that by starving her former partner's dog that she was "getting even" with the person? What stupidity and ignorance - and she's already passed it on to her children!

Where has empathy and concern gone in our world? :(

Jen that story is terrible I guess you have to trust in fate that she will get hers :evil:
Marion I agree we have friends in Barnsley ...a couple they have loads of friends and family..but one night she phoned me in floods of tears to say that hubby had been knocked down in a hit and run accident and he was in surgery with head injuries and needed reconstructive surgery to his legs.
She was at home with her 2 children on her own !!!!
I was so angry..no-one offered to have the kids so that she could be with her husband no-one even came to her house to sit with her !!
What's wrong with people !

[quote name='IYPChrissie']:bad-words: NO pets for 3 years??????Big freaking deal...Like that is punishment, she oviously doesn't care about her pet or she couldn't be so cruel!!! :evil: :evil:[/quote]

I couldn't agree more!!! This psycho should never be allowed to own another animal as long as her miserable existance lasts!!! I just get furious when I read that people do things like this and get what essentially amounts to no punishment! Ugh!!!

Guest Anonymous

I totally agree. 3 weeks isn't long enough. But we all have to realize the truth. Thousands upon thousands (to be exact around 2 thousand) of dogs die in abuse cases every day. Not just one or two, but hundreds. We did a report for school about abuse, and we got to choose what kind of abuses, and I chose animals (I'm homeschooled). After I studied hard, I was amazed at how many cruelty deaths there were in the animal kingdom. Not just for dogs, either. Twice as many cats die each year as well. It is very sad, and I am totally against it, but I have to keep reminding myself that there are alot more out there, their last breaths being spent in a living hell. That's why in 2 years, I going to volenteer at our Humane Society, so that I can help out with my animal friends. It is a tear jerker, but abuse cases are more frequant then you might think.
Dedicated to the Animal Police forces that save the lives of hundreds of animals.

That's what my report says, at least most of it.

[quote]I totally agree. 3 weeks isn't long enough. But we all have to realize the truth. Thousands upon thousands (to be exact around 2 thousand) of dogs die in abuse cases every day. Not just one or two, but hundreds. We did a report for school about abuse, and we got to choose what kind of abuses, and I chose animals (I'm homeschooled). After I studied hard, I was amazed at how many cruelty deaths there were in the animal kingdom. Not just for dogs, either. Twice as many cats die each year as well. It is very sad, and I am totally against it, but I have to keep reminding myself that there are alot more out there, their last breaths being spent in a living h***. That's why in 2 years, I going to volenteer at our Humane Society, so that I can help out with my animal friends. It is a tear jerker, but abuse cases are more frequant then you might think. [/quote]
I agree. Just today at school we were having a discussion about selfless people. Selfless people are people who dedicate their lives to promoting peace and making the world a better place, instead of trying to make their own lives better. When I grow up and have a job I want to be able to help these animals. I've already signed dozens of petitions to get stronger punishment on animal abusers. The world does not relise how horrible animal abuse is. I want to show the world what really goes on. I want to show people what animals suffer through every day as we go about our usual business. People need to know that animals have feelings and can feel the pain of what is happening. I've decided to dedicate my life to stopping abuse because I feel that is what my true purpose in life is. I will not stop because animal abuse will never stop!!!! :evil: :( I will be anle to start volunteering at my local SPCA very soon, and when I do, I will be posting a pet of the week every week at school. I will be letting people know the real cruelity that goes on, and what they can do to stop it. No matter how young or old U are U can help these animals!

Sorry for rambling, but this is a touchy subject with me, and I can't sit by and do nothing.

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Ofcourse this b*tch deserves a punishment..H*ll yes! BUT, also her partner too!

HE left his dog there to die! He should have taken responsibility! :x

Just my opinion.... :wink:[/quote]

As much as I agree with you there, we don't know the situation. He may love that dog, and be heartbroken at what happend to it, but the situation may have been out of his control. How was he to know she would be so evil and cruel?

It is terrible, yet so hard to control animal abuse. I find in my area that the "country folk" are the worst....no neighbors to report them. My brother just built a home way out in the country...he found a garbage bag full of "live" puppies out in the woods one day as he was walking....their little eyes werent even open. He brought them to the clinic I work at and we were able to save them and place them in GOOD homes.... the Vet I work for has a very big heart, and she does work with the SPCA by taking in the horribly abused animals and bringing them back to good health then placing them in homes (she already has 10 dogs at home she rescued), we also had a dog come in last week picked up by the SPCA, left tied in the back yard with the chain rapped around its body...the chain was so tight it slashed through the dogs skin in several places...a neighbor reported it...the owners were aware of the dog in that helpless position also but left it like that for a few days. We had one old lady who lived in the country and people were dropping dogs & cats off at her house...she was senile but thought she was taking good care of them...they were all starving...many with very severe illnesses such as sarcoptic mange etc and were living on eating their own feces etc...she also had horses that were so starved they could not stand up...I could tell you much worse stories but it is too heart breaking. :(
My mother said to me one day that it was really bad in her day growing up...there was no vet care at that time and no spay or neuter...she said she would try to gather all her kittens & puppies up and hide them before her father came with the bag to drown them...at that time it was the only way to get rid of an over abundance of animals...the cats would reproduce so quickly it was some thing at that time had to be done...very sad.