Dogomania

please send thoughts and prayers....

courtnek

PushyC@t's way....he's not getting better. He is not sick in any way, but he is not gaining weight and appears to be getting weaker. They cant find anything wrong in his bloodwork, he's just old (17). I am not ready to lose him...I know its probably his time, but other than his weight and the weakness he seems so healthy.....it just doesnt seem like his time is due...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Court spend lots of time with him, take photos, give him little treats and generally enjoy him. I think you know in your heart that he is an older kitty now and with the decreasing health its hard to know how long you will have left with him. I felt the same way with Abby so I spoiled her totally. Sending positive thoughts to you and Pushyc@t.

thank you all, very much. He is being very spoiled, and of course, being Pushy, taking advantage of it (not too old to realize he has me wrapped around his paws now is he? lol) He gets Tuna and baked chicken three times a day (the catfood just doesnt cut it) and lots of hugs, and now has taken to sitting on the bed with me to watch TV, something he never did before unless I was brushing him> I think he knows, too, and feels sorry for ME.....He mews and jumps up, and rubs on me, and purs. He was never a very affectionate c@t, his whole life. Now he has become one. He sees me look at him and cry, and he mews and asks to be picked up. I think he's comforting ME....

strange how these things work out....

this is a LONG shot, I know, but maybe gettng better? The chicken and tuna seem to be staying down, he is also munching his dry food a little.
(I still put it out) and being fed by himself in the bathroom seems to be helping some....he is not stressed over food, and is eating alot. Ford was stealing his food, and he's too old to defend it effectively...way out of line for Pushy, who was always King of the Hill....but now he has an eating place all his own, and is chowing down...I am SOOO hoping he'll hang on a little longer now...things are looking up, kinda. I know he's old, and his time is coming, but he is just too healthy to go yet. Or maybe its just me, not wanting to let go yet. He is a special and uncharacteristic c@t. Being such, I have always had a special place in my heart for him. No one really loved him before me, and I was willing to accept his "non-lovingness"...he is now repaying it back in full. GO PUSHYC@AT!!!!

[quote]and I was willing to accept his "non-lovingness"...he is now repaying it back in full.[/quote]

I don't really like catz enough to get one as a pet yet somehow I have two who I somehow adore. And with my Mroo it is precisely the snotty, bitchy, feisty "non-lovingness" that I appreciate. :lol:
I know I won't be getting another c@t as a pet for myself again (but who knows what will show up at my door) but I truley hope to keep mine around for a good long time.
Here's hoping Pushy lasts well into his 20's.