Dogomania

New website for my business

imported_Kat

I'm still waiting to get my proper domain name but Sander has it hosted on his server for now, so you can all review it and tell me what you think! There are still niggly bits that I'm working on, but if there are any obvious spelling mistakes then please tell me! I'm quite excited at launching my new business :D

[url]http://www.sand-box.nl/~propaws/[/url]

Guest Anonymous

[quote]having worked at a veterinary surgery for 11 and half years, including emergency first aid for pets.[/quote]

The site is nice, basic and to the point...but is that really credible information? You were working at a veterinary surgery when you were 11-12 years old? I find that highly doubtful and a little bs

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='staffy smile'][quote]having worked at a veterinary surgery for 11 and half years, including emergency first aid for pets.[/quote]

The site is nice, basic and to the point...but is that really credible information? You were working at a veterinary surgery when you were 11-12 years old? I find that highly doubtful and a little bs[/quote]

You just have to be confrontational, don't you?

I don't know what laws are over in Ireland, but I wouldn't doubt that a vet clinic might hire a kid to help them clean kennels, walk dogs, or other menial tasks that would allow a kid to get experience while not actually doing any vet work.

Staffy: actually its not BS. I started working at Archbold veterinary surgery in Lisburn , N,Ireland at the age of 11 and a half years old in June 1992 as a summer job. My Dad and I were there one evening with one of our past cats Jessica who was being treated for bowel cancer. That night the vet who runs a sole practice was complaining that he had no staff that night and was very busy. My Dad said if he needed help then this lassie (pointing to me) would love to get hands on practice with animals. For the first month I wasn't paid anything. My first

Hey Mouse yep I have a lot of posters designed in dutch as well as my own business cards made. I spent most of Friday watching Bailey sober up from being neutered while cutting up 200 business cards! My plans for this coming week are to place posters in vets, pet shops, dog clubs, supermarkets, animal shelters. I'm going to a fair tomorrow in Amsterdam too for expats so I'll be bringing some cards with me to give out if there is the opportunity. :wink:

very nice Kat!! I have never seen your picture before, and I FLIPPED when I opened your site. You look almost exactly like my sons girlfriend!!
(who I suspect will eventually become my daughter-in-law) I had to do a bunch of triple takes!! :o :lol: :o :lol:

the site is very clean, easy to navigate, and fun to look at.

Here in the States, as a general rule, you cant "officially" start working
until you're 15, with a workers permit, but there are always some exceptions. farmers kids, kids who's parents own the clininc, or the store,
will often let their children work as early as 11. So really, Staffy, there was
no reason to insinuate Kat was lieing. She's in Ireland, and their laws may be quite different from ours.

This is a wonderful site. Easy to navigate and very clean!!

A suggested edit, from your Welcome page, instead of:

Hi, my name is Kat Nicholl and I am a 23-year-old female originally from Northern Ireland but now living in Groningen with my partner

How about simply:

Hi, my name is Kat Nicholl. I am originally from Northern Ireland and now living in Groningen.

Nice site!

Just a tip, not trying to annoy you or anything :wink: but you really need to have credit for the pictures. You could get sued if youre not careful about that! :o Just trying to be helpful because I wouldnt want anything bad to happen with that!

Oh and I agree about the possibility to work in a vets office at 11. I almost did, of course it would be volunteer work for me but still.