Dogomania

When you were little did you ever....

[quote name='Mutt_Lady']
[quote name='__crazy_canine__']
[quote name='Mutt_Lady']
[quote name='Mutt_Lady']
When I was little I pretended to be animals, mostly dogs, all the time .
[/quote]
That's so crazy, I did too! My cousin and I used to even go as far as going under the table and beg for scraps..like a real dog. We would make one of our family members our owners and they would train us. I always think back to it and think of how foolish I must have looked. I'm glad some one else did it too!
[/quote]
OMD! That really is weird. I wonder if anyone else here did that when they were little. Im definatley embarassed by some of the things I did then but I had fun doing it! One of my friends and I would would pretend we had mean owners and we were made to fight each other, I think we were tigers or something, lol. Gosh we were so strange! Once we had a "vets office" too... we would actually "operate" on the stuffed animals we had and then sew em up!
[/quote]
LMBO, that is too funny!! I actually used to act like other animals as well: lions, tigers, ...and bears? OH MY! But my favorite was a dog. Our "owners" would even feed us cheese and crackers and such. I can't believe we suckered our relatives into doing those crazy things. Poor them. I'm sure many other people did this too. When you're a big dog fan, it's usually for life. Hopefully some one else will speak up so we don't look crazy!
[/quote]
Lol Muttlady... yeah I think we already look crazy, its in my name for me! Hmm, maybe one of us should make another thread about this. Its kind of an interesting subject... kinda. Lol!
[/quote]
LOL! Great idea. I think you should have the honour of making a new thread because you're the one who first mentioned it. I'll be sure to reply to it asap though. Hurry up & get it up!!
[/quote]

and so here we are lol... that was a LOT of quoting! I hope I did it right... :-?

Good to know a lot of people do this! I was thinking I was really insane...

So I wonder if most animal-lovers seemed to be born that way. I mean pretending to be an animal says even in your childhood you loved them. I know a lot of people werent raised that way (and a lot were) but they ended up loving animals.

I still think I was born to love dogs and any animal for that matter, any one else feel like that, like your destiny was to be an animal-lover? I know Im weird but I ALWAYS felt that way.

[color=darkred]Do you really want to know :o lol well here goes.
I used to pretend i was a horse. My auntie had a cattery, she was just having another one built, it looked like a stable with the door being half an half lol. I would stand behind it and start neighing then i would pretend to graze in the garden lmao, but thats not all i also used to ride around the garden with a broom for my horse :lol:

xxxx[/color]

I always used to pretend I was a dog. And a wolf. My best friend would always be the cat while I was the dog. And I had an imaginary dog too who could talk and do amazing things. :lol:

Oh and does anyone while watching their dogs run let their mind wander and wish you could run with them? I think its so beautiful to watch them and how their so free, not worrying about anything or where they'll be in an hour, just free.

[color=darkred]__crazy_canine__
I was told i sounded like a horse, especially the snorting :lol: my auntie caught me the once and she doesn't stop talking about it now :oops:
Whenever there was a cowboy film on i would gallop around my moms livingroom lol

xxxx[/color]

:o oh geez....yup...I ran the entire gammet.....first I went thru a cat phase....drove my mother crazy meowing and hissing at everyone...I'm sure I STILL have relatives that think I was an insane little girl.....then I was a dog....even had my dad build me a "doghouse" in the yard so my other strange friends and I could pretend we were puppies :roll: ...and THEN I was a horse....used to gallop around the yard jumping over things like a showjumper....then once I was past all that (around 8 or 9 yrs old) I pretended to be a veterinarian... :lol:

I always thought that if I were an animal I would have been a wolf. Coincidentally, my sister had a disturbing dream once that she was in the forest and there were wolves ambushing her. She had to fight them off with a big stick, she kept hitting one over and over until it stopped attacking her. The wolf turned into me and I lay there dying on the ground. Weird dream. :drinking:

I always pretended I was a bird. I was always fascinated with flight and wanted so much to be able to fly. I used to even dream about it at night. I used to climb way up high on stuff and jump off waving my arms madly like if I just tried hard enough, I could do it. I've made wings out of everything imaginable from trash sacks to cardboard boxes. I used trash bags for "parachuting" off things. I think back to some of the stupid things I did like jumping off the roof of our two story house, or leaping out of really tall trees. It's a wonder I never sustained any serious injuries :oops: . I reckon it was more a fascination of flight rather than actual birds.

lol...me and my brother would pretend we were foxes and dogs. We always played that game after watching The Fox and the Hound. When we were dogs we would pour Cocoa Puffs into a bowl and eat them like a dog and when we were foxes we would pretend we were hunting my baby brother. :oops:

When I was in Junior school me and my friends went through a lion king phase and we used to pretend to be each character :lol: I was always Nala!
I uses to pretend to be a horse too!! Yay! The fun! :D
I am always pretendiing to be a dog now, is that weird? :oops:
Me and Zoe wag when we see each other-tee hee!!! Not in public though don't worry! :lol:
And at work if someone has no hands free and has an itch someone scratches it and we do that twitchy leg thing that dogs do! hehe!

[quote name='Rusty&Chip']lol...me and my brother would pretend we were foxes and dogs. We always played that game after watching The Fox and the Hound. When we were dogs we would pour Cocoa Puffs into a bowl and eat them like a dog and when we were foxes we would pretend we were hunting my baby brother. :oops:[/quote]

LOL! That reminds me of something I forgot to mention... I used to hunt down stuffed animals and then I would give myself bologna as meat! :lol: I would also pour cereal in a bowl and pretend for it to be dog food.

When I was really young I used to have the bad habbit of running away from my Mum in shopping centres so she bought one of those kiddy harnesses . The first time she put in on me in the shops I started to prented I was a dog - got down on all fours and started to bark and refused to get up again. She never did try the harness onme again and she still tells the story all the time to embarrass me :roll:

LOL @ everyone's stories so far

I used to play spy dogs with a schoolfriend of mine. We were dogs (she was a Cavalier King Charles, I was an (english) Cocker Spaniel) and we were also spies sent to track down nasty people. My school had its sports complex about 15 min away by bus from the main campus and we went there twice a week for sport. so Devon and I were on the bus playing Spy Dogs and I was really getting into the game and I was licking the window for some reason. The sports teacher sprung me and I'll never forget the complete and utter embarrassment that followed! Devon and I are still friends and she never lets me forget it. :lol: :oops:

Guest Anonymous

[quote]

I used to play spy dogs with a schoolfriend of mine. We were dogs (she was a Cavalier King Charles, I was an (english) Cocker Spaniel) and we were also spies sent to track down nasty people. My school had its sports complex about 15 min away by bus from the main campus and we went there twice a week for sport. so Devon and I were on the bus playing Spy Dogs and I was really getting into the game and I was licking the window for some reason. The sports teacher sprung me and I'll never forget the complete and utter embarrassment that followed! Devon and I are still friends and she never lets me forget it. [/quote]

This is too funny!! :lol: :lol:

I hope you weren't older than 5 or 6 then!!

[quote name='bk_blue']

I used to play spy dogs with a schoolfriend of mine. We were dogs (she was a Cavalier King Charles, I was an (english) Cocker Spaniel) and we were also spies sent to track down nasty people. My school had its sports complex about 15 min away by bus from the main campus and we went there twice a week for sport. so Devon and I were on the bus playing Spy Dogs and I was really getting into the game and I was licking the window for some reason. The sports teacher sprung me and I'll never forget the complete and utter embarrassment that followed! Devon and I are still friends and she never lets me forget it. :lol: :oops:[/quote]
:rofl: That is SOOOO FUNNY! :lol: :lol: