Dogomania

I'm coloring my Pit Bull pink.

Someone actually told me that. One of my friends, we'll call her H, is a one of those "I want a dog to dress it up and brush it and and and" kinda girls who knows nothing about dogs whatsoever. So I find out she got an Adult Pitbull. And she wants to color it pink. And give it a Gucci collar so it'll be "pimpin'". Her words, not mine.

Whats happened to the world? I warned her their dog aggressive, she won't listen to me. *sigh*

I don't really have a problem with folks colouring their pets as long as they do it safely and humanely. I don't like the accessory or dress-up toy attitude though. It sometimes, but not always, indicates that the attitude is like the dog were a toy or accessory as oppossed to a living thing which requires commitment etc.
As a seperate issue it is good to make sure she knows the qualities of the breed she has adopted and is prepared to meet the animals needs. If she won't listen there is little else you can do.

[quote name='IlBLisSlI'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']
I warned her their dog aggressive, she won't listen to me. *sigh*[/quote]

what does that have to do with her colloring the dog pink and making it look pimp'n?

be prepared to put your flame suit on[/quote]
Drew, I honostly didn't mean anything. I don't think my post was clear, sorry. Just came back from my birthday celebrations.

This girl is the last person on Earth I would give a dog to. Any dog, not just a Pit. I really didn't mean anything.. she only got the dog to color it and give it a gucci collar. Understand? She's never owned a dog before, and there she was, with a Pit Bull. Why? Because they looked cute as puppies (although it was an adult. I honostly don't understand her) and she wanted to color it pink and give it a gucci collar. :-? I care about Pits especially, and knowing that another one was going to have to subject to some bimbos carelessness just broke my heart.

Hey, if she was a responsible owner, who had owned a dog before then hey...color the dog any color you want. Give it gucci collars and make it look pimpin'. I know this girl and she is completely irresponsible. I just felt for the dog.

[quote]As a seperate issue it is good to make sure she knows the qualities of the breed she has adopted and is prepared to meet the animals needs. If she won't listen there is little else you can do.[/quote]
That was what I was trying to do. I think all she knew about Pits was the name. :roll: Oh well..

there is nothing wrong with dyeing a dogs hair...if done correctly with non toxic dye...there's actually competitions for it :lol: people do some pretty weird stuff with dyeing :lol:

it's always good to warn new pit bull owners about the dangers of dog agression....hopefully she'll think about what you said.

i agree that most people who dye dogs ang give them gucci collars and crap like that, look at the dog as more of an accessory rather than a family member..

but of course there are those who do dye their dogs hair for fun, but do not look at their dog as an accessory or anything like that....but this person doesnt sound like one of them.

when she dyes the dogs hair at least he'll get some human contact :roll:

I have seen people who dyed their poodles red/white/blue for 4th of July, and put little flags in their collars and stuff. I actually think its cute as long as the dye is harmless....and for a holiday or a special occasion I see no problem with it.

I 'accesorize" Free when I walk her. She has a HUGE red bandanna around her neck that says "Do not touch me...I am in training" to drive off the "OH LOOK! IT's a LAB!" attitude that seems to prevail around here....at least then they stop and ask before letting their kids run up to her. I tell them I'm training her to like people.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i accessorize my dogs too, they have bandannas, eli has a coat, ozzy had a shirt as a puppy but he grew out of it :lol: , and stuff like that

here are some dyed dogs :lol:
[img]http://www.fuzzyco.com/photos/040523petparade/DSC04031.jpg[/img]

[img]http://biginjapan.japanphotographer.com/albums/Nakano/dyed_dog.thumb.jpg[/img]

[img]http://thumb1.webshots.com/s/thumb1/1/14/81/168611481psdSWt_th.jpg[/img]

I use to think that dying a dog was cruel but after HF posted about the competitions that they hold for dogs with dyed hair it actually seemed kinda cool. Plus the pics that HF posted were very interesting and I was amazed at the dye jobs. BUT with that said your first priority should NOT be how cool your dogs looks and I can totally understand why your upset at your friend Rowie. It sounds like she is more interested in having an accessory then a companion. :-? A dog should not be a walking status symbol.

[quote name='StarFox'] BUT with that said your first priority should NOT be how cool your dogs looks and I can totally understand why your upset at your friend Rowie. It sounds like she is more interested in having an accessory then a companion. :-? A dog should not be a walking status symbol.[/quote]
Exactly! And when I heard she got a Pitty my heart tore in two because she does NOT deserve one at [i]all[/i]. :(

If I could get a harmless dye (or make one myself its that's possible) I'd definately dye Rowie! :D The pics AAP posted are so cool!

I know this girl too-absoloutely RIDICULOUS. First of all she's spoiled ROTTEN, I mean there's nothing wrong with being privelleged but complaining because you don't like the color of your cadillac Escalade? :roll: When I heard she said that, I thought it was just her obsession of the moment, but after I found out she got the dog, i was SHOCKED. ok, nothing wrong with dyeing your dog's fur, or buying it gucci collars and what not, but the thing is, the list of reasons she wanted a pit, ends there. It saddens me to think that this dog will be obsessed over for 1 week, and then be ignored forever..because believe me it WILL happen.

Sad dogs have to get into situations like that...

I have a "friend" (more like ememy I try to educate), over the internet that might be getting a Schnauzer here soon. She knows absolutley nothing about the breed, found the breeder in a magizine, and is one of those people that will be tired of it in a month. First she loved Rotties, than it was Poms, because she thought Conner was "so cute", and then corgis. And now "shunzars" as she calls them, because her grandmother has one. Argh, I wish she could [b]at least[/b] learn to spell the name of her "favorite breed" right. :x

I'm disgusted by people like that, but what can you do. :( Its just sad dogs have to suffer because of the stupidity of people, it really, really is.

I will have to admit though, I'm thinking about dying Conner after seeing those pictures. I'm going to do some research on it, as long as its safe, I don't see any harm in him being blue for awhile... :lol:

[quote name='DogPaddle']I have thought about temp. dying Kavik's white blaze red or orange for Halloween - thought it would look good with the black, but I'm afraid it will turn out pink or something.[/quote]
You might want to shoot for orange then. Getting a true red on a dog can be kind of tricky and it's very common to end up pink.

Then again, it's just hair. It'll eventually grow/wash out. :P

well on the subject of dressing up dogs and stuff like that...

i'm getting back packs for my dogs and my friend was like "oh my god why would you do something like that, i hate when people dress up their dogs" :o uhhhh... i'm getting them back packs...so that they can carry like water bottles and foods and treats on the hikes..ya know..give em a lil extra work out.. "well ya i know but i just hate when people put sweaters and stuff like that on dogs...dogs shouldnt be dressed up" yea i know..but putting a back pack on a dog is not dressing a dog up..it's not like a jacket... :roll:

strang people everywhere :lol:

Here 'em are!

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XAD2Agwe2LFCnfKyacun1FKavHJJWURMf2v7GhVQbtPIJeTA28ufrDJrBKsQSwIzCBaNJSGwJMJa3xIy6FAqB3ooH*hdRapYFJTHn0zK*8TTl5Xk2vIg5ILWCU5ypcmZKEVtuN0EJPc/creative.jpg?dc=4675458350169985231[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XQAAAD4e5cVCnfKyacun1E4Bu7Qcp9sanC!SYHvC!YI6wZWQi8M19a7DjNXTkDnlIq2I8DTqJ448V9MKG!xvRb!18wt9tjOIYNNtFdnU0nd4q0mYgSgzER2qaS4HX47M7FJq*nIJWT8/creative2.jpg?dc=4675458350222904000[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XQD2Aj0eksVCnfKyacun1JMgkP7GjdbDujlSVzjVLUaq1NZz3jR08wG8uHh8auf5bdvl4wSlGI9srkcUTVn6kRUXNNp8cXCflRNZI5yN45Mx5TcpMBzGBtQYDmJDlW0lL4cLUAAnaZo/creative1.jpg?dc=4675458350195834571[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YwDhAh0g6HxCnfKyacun1JcH2*CrtYQDfaqlGs5hpeqqRnrZM71QdJz7eHbN1cJh4PybXjkUBdfMS2vPQO*iwznmPOu!8j8cJKm7b!w9weO1Or*qZGjNd1yh!J5MuX8JVji9V3yF5ys6rVp48TwDOw/creative%20Dawn.jpg?dc=4675458356586793630[/img]