Dogomania

Confession... I lied

Horsefeathers!

Remember that whole "it'll be a while before I have another Dobe" thing? I lied. I mean, I meant it when I said it, but... :oops:

I had emailed Sheilla, the Dobe rescue coordinator who set me up with Rocco, about his death. I hated to write that email like you wouldn't believe, but she needed to know. I was sure she'd be upset with me.

Wellll....

She called me today. I wasn't sure I wanted to hear what she had to say. I mean, she was nice to me in her email reply to me about Rocco, but I was afraid of.... what, I don't know, but I was nervous when she called.

She asked me to foster another special needs Doberman! She said she knew it was so soon after Rocco, but she just thought we'd be great for another special needs dog, just to foster if not commit to adoption. This Dobe is a female named Peaches. Her "disability" is that she has three legs. That's it! From what I'm told, she's good with other animals and very sweet and gets around just fine. I don't know much about her except (I think) she was seized in an abuse case. I feel better knowing that she still belongs to the Dobe rescue group and that I don't have to commit to adopting her just yet. I'm not ready to commit to that.

So I'm driving back up to Atlanta on Sunday to pick up Peaches. :D

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!! (once a Dobe owner, always a dobe owner.)

Did I ever tell you the story of Mike and Markus? Mike was this amazing guy who is a regular poster at the DPDF. His beloved Doberman Markus died, and poor Mike was heartbroken. I believe he had to take personal leave. Wellllll... we convinced him to adopt another - he did, and now he fosters new dobes all the time! I believe he's fostered around 10 or so since Markus died.

BTW.. you know we need pictures of Peaches, right? :wink:

I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW IT!! as soon as I read that "not for a while" I thought...yea, unless that while includes another Dobe with special needs....

[quote]I had emailed Sheilla, the Dobe rescue coordinator who set me up with Rocco, about his death. I hated to write that email like you wouldn't believe, but she needed to know. I was sure she'd be upset with me.
[/quote]

If she has been dealing with Dobes a long time, she knows the possibility of bloat. Its possible with any big dog.

WOOOO HOOOOOO FOR HF!!! Rocco sent Peaches, I'm sure of it.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Thanks, guys! There will never be a Rocco replacement (how can you do better than perfect?), but I reckon sometimes things happen for a reason. We just don't always know why. I'm not done crying for him yet. I will miss my Rocco boy something awful, but life does go on whether we like the path it takes or not.

I have fresh batteries for my digi camera. I had powered it up when I bought a new bed for Rocco just last Friday and wanted to get some pictures of him on it. Getting pictures is no problem. Getting them online is something else since my camera software and my computer hate each other. :roll:

Hey, look! I pestered Sheilla for Peaches photos and she got some to me FAST! This is Peaches. It just amazes me that there are so many people who can't see past a dog's "disability," though she certainly doesn't look disabled to me. :o :lol:

I am positive that Rocco is her guardian angel. Things have a funny way of working out, aye? I NEVER would have chosen to have another dog so soon (though it always seems to work out that way), but fate seems to have crossed her path with ours.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0ZQDpApYgW7CTlppwtYTJ2MgDWflV4wpY7VqqScY0dKlLdf65NWUyXigiBRZha8vThq0sbfH6cyf48az3Hd63G0PEcNkt5fT7g7nR*VxbmBFv1B3YLHWLuZA!N0X3TuF*wX2AwnwKGOgL2pudAaVHsA/Peaches%20running.JPG?dc=4675489964216331303[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0ZgAdA!0gA9OTlppwtYTJ2M0kDC8HESVoD6mVwI8WtLR7LjAFzIoSNgm9IfX7TzKTU2r0joesCmEJT6MPavQujqMUm6rTLQ4!ndw68LdnUg1wnJ3dQPWComwZMUZoH3P5w0lBwbYbmbd5Vrvd1CEEPg/Peaches%20standing.JPG?dc=4675489964221851132[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XAAAAD8djnCTlppwtYTJ2GQUmUEy8kouPFPqs*MB!wYyDFmqUYNJH5V83gbwuaHkYQ0qGaVR9Ely9vsdPo88yPWIuxUgclWoX!C337EL*0weXm8TfrUWAOWR06gHhqS2g89krb3yNKA/Peaches1.JPG?dc=4675489964232386527[/img]