Dogomania

An "Unadoptable" Adoption

Guest Mutts4Me

Guest Mutts4Me

I was inspired by Sanvean's post "The Longest Walk." It hit home, and I had to share a happy ending to a similar situation:

Sasha was a neighborhood mutt. She was a pest, to be honest. When we left our yard, that dog was likely to be hanging around somewhere close, and she had the audacity to bark at us. We were inhabiting our own space, as we had every right to do, but she would bark at us, anyway. Not daring to voice her distrust of us up close and personal, she

Guest Anonymous

What a touching story!
The thing that touched me the most (next to you wonderful heartful people who adopted that shaggy shepherd! :D :angel: ) was that there was a line up early that morning for those dogs who were "unadoptable". It's very nice to know there are people out there who will save those "unadoptable" dogs! Bless you! :angel:

Guest Mutts4Me

:P I know that a lot of people on Dogo actually have rescue dogs, and I know everyone has their own story. It just seems that so many of the stories posted here are very sad. They're sad for a reason, but after reading "The Longest Walk," I just HAD to tell a story with a happy ending (or two happy endings!) for a change of pace, and Sasha provided me with that. So combine Sasha's story with my love of writing, and there we go.

I appreciate all the comments. As someone suggested, we do consider ourselves rewarded tenfold by this dog. She's awesome, and she's given us 6 happy years so far. Actually the big difference between the "then" and "now" pictures is age. We think Sas was about a year, give or take, when we took her in, and now she's a mature adult, with a (very) full coat.