Dogomania

Foundling

Sharpeigirl

Well I have another dog on short notice. I went to get some gas in my truck & I find a small black lab mix puppy tied to the gas pump. I waited for 3 hrs to see if someone was going to come back for her. Well no one came. So I took her with me. She's extremely shy, and she's get a full get check tomorrow. Right now I'm calling her Pepper, but that might change. Looks like a spayed female, about 3-4 months old. Looks like my kind heart got to me :)

Guest Anonymous

Awwwwww another sucker! That's awesome you took her, so many people would think "I wonder if that dog is in trouble...or if anyone is/will come back for her" but then leave and think nothing of it.

I live in the country and there are always dogs running at large, and it drives me nuts because it's hard to tell which dogs are in trouble and which are not. But I always stop when I see loose horses and cows, and tell the farmers..they are always shocked someone bothered to tell them.

Any way..enough rambling! I hope you will have pictures soon! And are you keeping her? Good luck and thank you for helping that poor little baby! You rock!

Yes we're keeping her, I saw 4 or 5 people just drive off and not even pay attetion to her. I saw her right as I pulled up to the pump, I asked the clerk how long she'd been there, but he didn't know. She acted like it'd been all night, she was a bit cold & hungry. She's a sweet pup, but really timid. Until she gets a full vet check Sassy is being kept away. But I have such a big heart, and I couldn't just leave her there to get hit, or killed by some jerk.

All she had on was an old clothesline around her neck :x Baby didn't even have a proper collar. She's now sporting a pretty pink collar :) She's sleeping soundly in her crate we got her. I can't believe some on just tied her to the gas pump, what would've happened if she darted out in front of a car :evil: :evil: I'm totaly in love with her. Even though she's scared of me a bit

[color=indigo][size=7]GOOD FOR YOU!!!![/size][/color]

Just as you saw most people would have just left her there, :x Your a very kind person. But.....I don't want to burst your bubble, and it really dosen't sound like it, but make sure she dosen't belong to some one and was stolen by some cruel person from her yard. I know, because it happened to me. I found Holly tied to a tree so I immidiately assumed that she was abandoned, but as it turned out she was stolen. Someone could have easily removed her collar, so maybe when you take her for a vet visit you should scan for a mircochip.

But anyway Congratulations on your new addition! :D Good luck with her and I hope everything turns out fine.

I plan on posting in the paper about a found dog, and she'll be scanned tomorrow for a chip. But I seriously doubt someone cared about her. She acts like she's had little to no socializtion around people. And she's not potty trained. I'll give her the best I can give, and if she does have an owner, well I'll give her back to them. I just feel good about saveing her

GOOOOODDDDDDDD FOR YOU!! ANOTHER SUCKER FOR A HARD LUCK CASE!! (just like me, thats how I ended up with Laurel...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just be cautious - she may be timid because she was abused. So watch for timidity with signs like a straight out tail, ears somewhat flattened,
fur up a little....just keep an eye on her. Fear biting is a real possibility, and while it will probably never happen (since she's a puppy), still..
be careful. Watch her body language.

Mine is really timid (not quite settled in yet, and my son is SOOO loud....)
but her timidness is with tucked tail and averted eyes.

Best of luck with her!!!

:angel: :angel:

Guest Anonymous

Well little Pepper is a fear biter, the vet found that out the hard way. She's going to need alot of work to get her soical. I still haven't let Sassy & Pepper meet yet. Might be to much for Pepper right now. She is a smart girl, knows sit, but that's about it. Vet thinks she been on the street alot longer then a day, she has a few scrapes along her back & what looks like a burn :evil: on her neck :evil: :evil: She's not chipped, but I still put an add in the paper. I pray this little girl can stay with me. I feel protective of her :wink:

I've got two buddies that got there dogs at a gas station. One guy pulled up to the pump and some guy on the other side had a boxer in the back of his pick up. My buddy said "Hey, that's a nice looking dog". The owner said, "Do you want him". My buddy took the dog and has him now. He's a great looking fawn colored boxer.

The other guy found a blue heeler tied to the pump and he took it in and he still has it. They both are great dogs.

Slim