Dogomania

Hot weather treat

Daisysmom

[color=blue][b]Frozen Fish Treats[/b]

16 oz. plain yogurt
1 (8oz.) can of tuna or other canned fish packed in water
1 tsp. garlic power

Combine all of the above in a bowl. Pour into ice cube trays or small plastic cups. Place in freezer overnight.[/color]

Got this from my PreciousPets.org Newsletter.
Sounds yummy, doesn't it? :o

My dogs love tuna, sardines, kippers, pilchards etc, although they don't like salmon. They're not so keen on yoghurt but love cream and any white dips that we have. And Rosie loves her pate (she only gets it because she will not take her tablets unless we bury them in something. :evil: :evil: :evil:

[quote]I hate tuna. The smell is awful!
My husband is always making tuna sandwiches, and he pores the juice out in my drain. Yuck! Talk about smelly.
And he wonders why he don't get none anymore? [/quote]

DO you have a garbage disposal? if so, put lemon peels in it and turn it on - the smell is wonderful!!

If not, pour a little lemon juice down the drain and it will dispatch the smell for you

[quote name='courtnek'][quote]I hate tuna. The smell is awful!
My husband is always making tuna sandwiches, and he pores the juice out in my drain. Yuck! Talk about smelly.
And he wonders why he don't get none anymore? [/quote]

DO you have a garbage disposal? if so, put lemon peels in it and turn it on - the smell is wonderful!!

If not, pour a little lemon juice down the drain and it will dispatch the smell for you[/quote]

Thanks courtnek! I will try that for now on. :D

I love tuna! But I don't know if Jackie and Maya would!

Cracker, the Golden I used to have, LOVED to chew on ice cubes. If we would jingle ice cubes in a glass he would come running. I gave Jackie and Maya ice cubes today, and they had no idea what to do with them. Oh well.

:D

in case anyone else has drain issues

peel a lemon and keep the peels. About a third of the peel is good for cleaning out the garbage disposal. Put the rest in the freezer, for use later on. Start the disposal, run water and it will grind up the peels, and the whole kitchen will smell like fresh lemon...REALLY fresh lemon,not Mr. Clean lemon - LOL -

then take the lemon and juice it, and make lemonade!!

fresh lemonade is the BEST!!

ok, I'm done doing the Martha Stewart thing now....

:D

[quote name='courtnek']:D

in case anyone else has drain issues

peel a lemon and keep the peels. About a third of the peel is good for cleaning out the garbage disposal. Put the rest in the freezer, for use later on. Start the disposal, run water and it will grind up the peels, and the whole kitchen will smell like fresh lemon...REALLY fresh lemon,not Mr. Clean lemon - LOL -

then take the lemon and juice it, and make lemonade!!

fresh lemonade is the BEST!!

ok, I'm done doing the Martha Stewart thing now....

:D[/quote]

Here's another Martha Stewart type tip:

If you have a septic tank, pour a beer down it once a month to keep the enzymes healthy. The yeast helps to speed up the decay process of the waste.

:angel:

I have a protein supplement that I mix in my sled dogs' normal kibble and meat ration- it's ground and freeze dried anchovies, it smells awful, but they sure love the taste. Remember, these are the same creatures who will roll in something putrid and think it's the doggie equivilent of Chanel #5 . This works good frozen into pupsicles in summer too- I don't feed alot of meat in summer cause of the storage problems and spoilage potential, but if I can get fresh fish, like carp, I will trim the meat off and feed it raw- they love it plus it has lots of beneficial fatty acids .