Dogomania

3 Majors in 3 days = Champion

Kiger

I don't know. You have to be going to shows every weekend to rack up the points for those shows. Top 5 for Westminster and top 25 for the Eukanuba. Westminster is really awful according to my breeder. If you're on at 8am and you lose, you still have to hang out there for 14 hours letting 25,000 people poke at your dog or get fined by the AKC. Also, she knew the winner 3 months in advance. :roll:

Champion Kato! :klacz: It does have a nice ring to it! :modla: He is a lovely dog and would be sure to win again and again if you want to continue showing. If Kato likes the show routine and you do too, keep it up! If you want to just enjoy life with Kato, do that! Either way, he is a great dog and you are a great dog mom! :wink:

[quote name='Kiger']Kato went back to back to back and took a 5 point, a 4 point, and a 3 point major so he's done and I don't need to show him anymore unless I want to. Now what do I do? :lol:[/quote]

Congratulations!!!!!! :BIG: That's just fabulous! Now as to what to do....you can start by adding Ch Kato to your signature! :D

[quote name='Nancy B']
Congratulations!!!!!! :BIG: That's just fabulous! Now as to what to do....you can start by adding Ch Kato to your signature! :D[/quote]

His breeder wants me to put a CD on the backend too. BTW, what are all these??
[color=red]Kaliber's Southern Accent CD AX MXJ WAC AD OAC OJC NGC BHIC CGC TDIA[/color]

[quote name='Kiger'][quote name='Nancy B']
Congratulations!!!!!! :BIG: That's just fabulous! Now as to what to do....you can start by adding Ch Kato to your signature! :D[/quote]

His breeder wants me to put a CD on the backend too. BTW, what are all these??
[color=red]Kaliber's Southern Accent CD AX MXJ WAC AD OAC OJC NGC BHIC CGC TDIA[/color][/quote]

CD - AKC Companion Dog title, novice obedience
AX - AKC Agility Excellent title
MXJ - AKC Master Agility Excellent Jumpers title
WAC - Working Aptitude Certification given by the Doberman Pinscher Club of America. Similar to the TT but, much more difficult for a Dobe to pass.
AD - USDAA Novice Agility Title
OAC - NADAC Open Agility title
OJC - NADAC Open Agility Jumpers title
NGC - NADAC Novice Gamblers title
BHIC - Basic Herding Instinct Certificate from the American International Herding Society
CGC - AKC Canine Good Citizen
TDIA - A title given by Therapy Dogs Internationa to TDI dogs who have made more than 50 therapy visit and provide supporting doccumentation.

We don't do NADAC agility anymore, that's why her titles aren't as advanced as AKC. I had also suspended USDAA trials while I was getting Mason into AKC but, we'll resume those in the fall.

Agility is a whole lot of fun! Have you considered doing agility with Kato?

Way to go Kato!! Huge congrats to you both! I agree with your breeder, Kato will be a well rounded champion with a title on the 'other' end as well! Either obedience or agility, having his CGC would not hurt at all either. You could train him for obedience and special him in conformation until you are ready for ob. trials. If you are not interested in obedience, a class of it would lay some nice foundation for an agility career, much more enjoyable in my opinion.

[quote name='Kiger']he likes to grab your arm in his mouth when he sees you. He also has springs in his legs.[/quote]
That about describes Hippo too :lol: She can fly through the air to give unsuspecting strangers a french kiss :evilbat: That's why I explained to her that if she destroys anything in our apartment she's gonna have to get a job, and the only one she's fit for is posing for a "calendar girl"!

Candy flunked the CGC test too! She did beautifully in exercises 1-9. The 10th exercise was supervised separation from me, that's is what failed her. She actually behaved better than expected, no crying or jerking the leash, she jumped up onto the person holding her leash twice seeking reassurance. Its funny, the lady was so nice about it, said she was not allowed to speak to Candy and she felt sure if she had Candy would have been fine. I do think it's rather stupid, if I have to ask anyone to hold her leash for me, they would most likely speak to her.
Anyway, perhaps we will try again someday, her confidence has grown a bit tho she is still clingy to me at times.

[quote name='Kiger']Kato went back to back to back and took a 5 point, a 4 point, and a 3 point major so he's done and I don't need to show him anymore unless I want to. Now what do I do? :lol:[/quote]

Girl, you got some top quality stuff, [b]Campaign him[/b]. That's some big deal wins, especially at his age. Send him with a professional handler to the really big shows. BIS winners are also invited to both Westminster and Eukanuba, and you can jump up in the standings with Group 1 wins.

:angel:

[quote name='Rosebud']

Girl, you got some top quality stuff, [b]Campaign him[/b]. That's some big deal wins, especially at his age. Send him with a professional handler to the really big shows. BIS winners are also invited to both Westminster and Eukanuba, and you can jump up in the standings with Group 1 wins.

:angel:[/quote]

That takes big $$$$$$$
The road to Westminster can cost $50,000 if you hire a handler - and if you want to play with the big boys at that level, you have to hire a pro. A lot of those top dogs are on the road almost 365 days a year in order to get the points they need. Only the top 5 of each breed get invited, the rest of the slots are run like a lottery.
Also, because Shibas are relatively new to the AKC, they don't tend to do well in the groups.

:wink:

But with his [b]"Look at ME!!!!"[/b] attitude he's sure to get some notice in the group ring.

I would still recommend sending him out to at least one big show a month with a pro, let them evaluate whether they would be able to have a chance with him a the Garden and go from there.

:angel: