Dogomania

Saying good bye?

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAL, I am sorry to hear about you and your husband. I have only just read all the posts about it and it is very upsetting - stay strong and if you need support just PM me.

I agree with some, that running away to Texas is not the answer, dogs or no dogs. Maybe you could wait until the end of the year and see how things work out? I know it seems like a long time, but not when you consider that you have a life time commitment to these dogs - I can understand that you can't take all of them with you, but what if you were to stay where you are now? Why do you have to move to Texas just because you and your husband have split up?

What ever you do, I hope everything works out for the best :wink:

Can we change the "running away to Texas" to.. perhaps.. "starting over someplace else" or something? It makes it sound so... mean? I dont know. I dont really want to get into this topic.. I'm afraid I'll start arguing, knowing me. :lol:

All I really want to say is that I'm sorry Nay is in this position, but if I were her, I'd have no idea what to do.. So I cant really offer any advice.

Guest Anonymous

Sharpie, I wasnt directing that at you. Just a general statement of some of the things I have seen go on around here. (Actually first thought of RnP)

[quote]I do see both sides of this and I DO understand that DAL is having a tough enough time right now...BUT she does have serious issues to deal with here and running away to Texas or wherever wont help..she made a commitment to her man and a much more serious commitment to care for and nurture and respect her animals....Justin can fend for himself I am sure and fight for his rights...the dogs are dumb animals (for want of a better phrase) and can not...I do not agree with taking one dog to Justins moms becuse we can clearly tell they dont really want her...I dont agree with splitting up these dogs either...DAL should accept the responsibility to wait for Justin and personally give him his dog back...nows the time to put up and shut up I think![/quote]

Agreed. Nice post.

[quote]I agree with you about the "always being there for your friends" thing Hmmmm... Unfortunately, I only count people my friends who are always there for me as well.[/quote]
I understand this, completely. The problem is, is that some people dont know how to be there for others. Selfishness takes all shapes and forms, one being that noone suffers as much as they do. ie, my friend from 3rd grade, most selfish person I have ever known. Thing is, I know she needs me. So regardless of what she does, I'll be there for her. She isnt who I go to if I need support, though. But, its my choice to stand by her side and be there when she needs me. Im kinda scared of what would happen to her if she didnt have me there.
Everyone has the choice of being friends with that kind of person or not. I dont knock you in any way for feeling the way you do. Its probably the most sensible thing anyway....

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K']OOOHHH are any of your dogs...overwieght,blue,lost,stolen,recovered,not even yours or destined to be sold for cash at a later date?[/quote]
None of the above, and all of the above. It really is my friends site and I dont know why he put pictures of my curr dogs up to be bred. I'll have them taken down!! I promise I didnt know!!
And all of them have fake balls.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K']So you will definaltely/possibly/maybe /absolutely not(cross out what does not apply) be studding out the males with the falsies then?...theres some immediate cash :P[/quote]

All of the above!!

[quote name='Hmmmm']Sharpie, I wasnt directing that at you. Just a general statement of some of the things I have seen go on around here. (Actually first thought of RnP)

[quote]I do see both sides of this and I DO understand that DAL is having a tough enough time right now...BUT she does have serious issues to deal with here and running away to Texas or wherever wont help..she made a commitment to her man and a much more serious commitment to care for and nurture and respect her animals....Justin can fend for himself I am sure and fight for his rights...the dogs are dumb animals (for want of a better phrase) and can not...I do not agree with taking one dog to Justins moms becuse we can clearly tell they dont really want her...I dont agree with splitting up these dogs either...DAL should accept the responsibility to wait for Justin and personally give him his dog back...nows the time to put up and shut up I think![/quote]

Agreed. Nice post.

[quote]I agree with you about the "always being there for your friends" thing Hmmmm... Unfortunately, I only count people my friends who are always there for me as well.[/quote]
I understand this, completely. The problem is, is that some people dont know how to be there for others. Selfishness takes all shapes and forms, one being that noone suffers as much as they do. ie, my friend from 3rd grade, most selfish person I have ever known. Thing is, I know she needs me. So regardless of what she does, I'll be there for her. She isnt who I go to if I need support, though. But, its my choice to stand by her side and be there when she needs me. Im kinda scared of what would happen to her if she didnt have me there.
Everyone has the choice of being friends with that kind of person or not. I dont knock you in any way for feeling the way you do. Its probably the most sensible thing anyway....[/quote]

Erf, sorry I jumped to that conclusion. I'm haveing kind of a crappy couple days.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Erf, sorry I jumped to that conclusion. I'm haveing kind of a crappy couple days.[/quote]
Not a problem... Ive had a bad day too... woke up balled in the fetal position from the wonderful world of womens cramps. I havent even gone out to see the dogs yet today, other than from peering out the window. Getting ready to though!

ok I'm old...THANKS GUYS... 8)

I'm not getting mine anymore...mentalpause has set in (that is not a mistyping, got it from "All In The Family")

and yes Mei, I too remember the whole RNP fiasco, and I too defended him..until K pulled out the facts she knew and set us straight.