Dogomania

What do your dogs say?

JackieMaya

When Jackie barks, she actually says "woof." And Jackie likes to talk when she has toys and things in her mouth. Then it sounds like she's mumbling because she can't form the letter "f" with something in her mouth. LOL

Maya just says "woo." And after Maya barks, she always adds growlies afterwards. And when Maya hears something, she'll trot off to see what it is, and every step, you hear "rrr, rrr, rrr, rrr." LOL

Jackie's bark is much lower than Maya's. Jackie sounds like a giant dog, and Maya sounds like a Golden-size dog.

And they both talk in their sleep. Jackie does a bunch of yelps, and Maya growls (and snores) in her sleep.

I swear when Zebra barks sometimes is sounds like "yes". So if I ask him "Do you wanna cookie?!" he woofs "yes!" :lol: He has a BIG dog bark and growl though, he sounds twice as big as he really is and when he barks you can hear him when your in the car and he is in the house. But he gets a very low growl when he is very angry.

Hmmmm....I really had to think about this, cause I hear them everyday but I don't really take note. :oops:
Gretchen is big and has a big dog bark/growl, she's very vocal when she's playing with you and when you talk to her and ask her questions.
She sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars !!!!!(Hubby Kris often calls her Chewy ! :lol: )
She's also very snorkly, almost sounds horse like.
She rarely barks at anything going by the windows or when people come, she's more of an observer, not an alarmist like my Jacks.

The Jacks (Sassy/Maisy) have different barks, Sassy has a high pitched shrill bark (especially when there's squirrels in the yard) and she barks at all service vehicles (garbage, mail, UPS, FED Ex...etc...) They really seem to agitate her. I've noticed that only when the engine is reving up, like when they pull up and pull away. When they are sitting, just ideling she doesn't bark at them.
Maisy doesn't bark as much, she's not as upset by things like Sassy, but when she does bark she has more of a Roo-Roo sound and will stop when asked. It seems Sassy always has to have the last bark !!! LOL :roll:

my gaia has a bark to be reckoned with -- very deep and from the chest. everyone thinks she is a he because she has such an intimidating bark. she is very vocal all the time -- growly when she plays, grunty when you scratch her ears.

we taught aspen to speak so when he speaks he has a normal woofy bark. he also "sings" when he gets excited and you don't pet him quickly enough and it is like bahroooooo! he does "chewy" wuh wuh wuh too which is hysterical. the funniest thing by far is when he gets scared (like if he sees the moon thru the skylight) he barks his fool head off but the pitch goes up like an octave so it is a real high pitched screech almost. i almost pee myself when he does this it is so funny!

Cute topic! Cricket has the typical ear-shattering Pomeranian "yap", George, BC mix makes sort of a "yeeoowl" noise, Bernie says "Yerp,yerp yerp" at about 100 decibles, Bug makes sort of a "yarble wooo garble" noise, like someone trying to talk with a mouth full of marbles, Tynan has real high pitched "woo woo woo", Merlin says "ARFF" Dot and Woofy don't say anything, and Gemma makes a growly sort of "auuuummmm". They all howl, (except for Cricket...)

hee hee! :D
Sasha actually says woof. Well, more like [b]"WOOF!"[/b] She has never uttered a whine a day in her life. If I am leaving for a walk with one of the other dogs she makes this donkey-like sound of frustration. Really! It sounds like "EEEEEYORE"...
Taz grumbles and whines and yelps and barks and generally has his own vocabulary...
Muffin (the Pom) makes this chirping noise that kind of sounds like a cat, which REALLY confuses the cat! :D

:D

Sally just whines when she wants something. Barks a very loud and unlady-like bark when she sees something.

If Rocket barks, RUN. He barks ONE deep, loud bark that is more of a warning, if you don't head it, he starts growling. The rest of the time he just whines. When he really wants something he says Momma or Mom. And I do not think this is howl or whine that sounds like it, I believe he has learned how to say it. Like I said he only says momma when he wants something.

Both of their whines sound like they are saying Uh, uh, uh. Sally's bark Buarr, buarr, buarr. Rockets bark Woof.

:angel:

Guest Mutts4Me

Sasha is exceedingly vocal, and I'm going to have to try to think of all her sounds.

First, in my avatar, she's staring at the bone above the camera going wooo-rrroooo

She "woo"s, and she "roo"s, and some times she "roo-woo"s or "woo-roo"s. If she's excited, the "woo"ing or the "roo"ing tapers off into a "rar-rar-rar-rarrrr"

Excitement sometimes leads to yawny "Ow-row" or "Ah-roo"

The only whining she does is when she starts feeling the need to bury a bone, when she walks around the house, mouth full, making urgent pleas with nature to show her a place to put her treasure.

When she gets impatient, like for dinner, she'll stand in front of someone and "growl." It's not really a growl, to us, but to anyone who is not used to it, it sounds like a growl. She stands there going "errr-rrrr-rarrrr" under her breath, staring intently at us and fluffing her tail back and forth furiously.

She can just "bark" like a "normal" dog, if someone comes to the door, but it won't take long before the "woofing" develops into "raarrr-rarr" or "woo-woo"ing.

well, Free's bark sounds like BARK if its just her standard "pay attention, I'm talking to you" bark. she alsowhines and cajoles by stomping on the ground. her bark becomes a WOOF if something is outside she doesnt like, like a stranger, or the mailman. sounds much bigger than she is.

Laurel is unique. she bays, and ends the long drawn out "howwllllllarroooo" with a woofy bark...however her bay is so loud people can hear it down the street thru closed doors...if you didnt know her she would seem very intimidating (she's basically a wimp :lol: )

Kira never really barks, its an Akita thing. She tends to aroooo. It kind of sounds like someone yoddeling.
Dex has a pretty piercing bark. It def. hurts my ears. Since we are working on teaching him commands in French, he is starting to have a french-accent when he barks. It kind of sounds like "OUAF, OUAF" LOL, seriously though it really does sound like OUAF, and thats how french people imitate a dog barking. :)