Dogomania

Do you let your dog...

Horsefeathers!

If any thing is left on my plate, and thats a big maybe. I like to eat. I scrap the left overs into my dogs bowls and divide it between them. With more than one dog you don't want them fighting over who gets the spoon. If I had one dog, yeah, I would let them lick off the spoon and then just wash it in hot soapy water. I know where my dogs tongue has been :-?

Guest Anonymous

I certainly do. Bentley and Roxie are really good at eating off a spoon or fork (only AFTER I'm done with it). And of course all three of them love to lick the plates if there are any leftovers! :lol:

Good, it's not just me. It's taken quite a bit of convincing on my part to get my husband not to do a full body shiver when he sees me grab a spoon from a drawer and dish out something like some canned pumpkin (for upset tummy) or canned food if I'm giving meds. I know it's just as easy to add these to their regular food, but if I see some loose stool between mealtimes, I'm not going to prepare a bowl of food just so they can have some pumpkin. Easiest thing to do is just scoop some out on a spoon. Same thing with some of these pills. I HATE the way canned dog food feels on my hand, so I use a spoon to scoop it out and just put the pills in that and spoon feed it straight to the dog. I thought my husband would faint. It's not like they go back into the drawer when I'm done; they go into the dishwasher. :roll:

He still doesn't know about me setting a plate or bowl down to be licked clean before it goes into the dishwasher. I'm afraid he'd have a meltdown. :oops:

I'm not squeamish about dog germs, if I was I wouldn't let them kiss my face :o :lol:
The only reason I wouldn't put my plate on the floor for them to lick is;
#1- There's more than one and I don't want fights
#2- I don't want them to see somebody with a plate and think it's fair game.
SO........if I have any leftovers I think are O.K for them, I divide between the 3 and scrape them into their dishes. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

No I dont but if it is a yogurt carton or trifle carton then they can lick that , they have leftovers but it is always scrapped into their bowls. They always wait till after we have finished eating before they look for any left overs, but since having the greyhound I have to watch what she eats as she has a sensitive stomach.

Personally no, I don't let them lick anything that isn't theirs. I feed them leftover scraps from my plate or divide it and put it in their bowls. I have never let them lick cutlery although I caught Rosie licking the tops of the jars at the bottom of the fridge door.

I could never let them lick my plates, it's just something I'm personally not comfortable with. My neighbour lets hers lick everything.

DF, I CRACKED up with the snack bar comment...both the dogs AND the cats try to lick the dishes clean in the dishwasher before I start it. Silly Laurel got her collar caught on the rungs and ripped the bottom shelf of the dishwasher out trying to get loose....

fortunately those shelves are removable, I thought she was gonna kill herself trying to get loose, but she still licks....onlymore carefully now....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='ESSlover']Carson licks off the plates after they have just been set in the dishwasher... a little "pre rinse cycle" hee hee.[/quote]
That is so wierd my dog Depill does that to!!! My mom hate's it beacause he always get's in the way in the kitchen all excited licking the dishes lol!
But my dad the man that didn't even want a dog he always gives Depill a little lick of his dish after eating chicken or ice cream lol my dad is so funny my dad and Depill are like food lovers Depill started liking dad when he started giving him all kind of treets and picked him as the leader of the family huh and Depill is my dog but it's okay coz when I'm old enough I'm gonna move and take my pup with me and be the crazy dog lady...Sorry went little bit of the subject there :lol: