Dogomania

I am the WORST Dog Mom EVER

IYPChrissie

I just realized about 2 hours ago that my dog tequila is missing :cry: My 4 year old has a bad habit of pulling open the door when someone knocks, I usually have the chain on but the bigger kids forgot to put it back on. A neighbor came to the door and he must of ran out then and I just didn't notice at the time. So now its hours later and I can't find him anywhere and I feel so bad and I can't stop crying. How awful am I for not noticing :cry: I have just been so sick and stuffed that my brain isn't functioning right.

To make matters worse, he doesn't have his tags on :cry: I have been sick with sinuitis and headaches and the other night he was bouncing and klanking around so my husband took the tags off which we *never* do and we forgot to put them back on him.

I drove around for an hour calling his name and nothing. Hubby is on his way home now so he's going to go try. Going to make some posters and put them up first thing if he doesn't have any luck. I can't go thru this again :(

:cry:

Oh I'm so sorry, this happened to me once (a dog lost with no tags) and it turned out fine but not till after a whole night crying and worrying (she was at the Humane Society in the morning...)

Best of luck, Tequila will be OK and don't be mad at yourself ... it could happen to anyone ... just concentrate on getting her back.

Call the police too....a lot of people call them when they find a dog. Since some shelters are not available 24 hours a day.....the police are the first ones to get a dog, then they will transfer it to the shelter in the morning....

Keep searching, sweetie....you are not a bad mommy and you know it. Accidents will happen.

He's BACK!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Putting up the flyers last night worked, the man that had him saw them this morning when he brought his daughter to school. He said he knew someone would be looking for him, he was fresh bathed and could tell he was well taken care of! Whew what a scare! My husband hugged him 3 times and thanked him, we are gonna get him a small gift to thank him. He fed him and let him hang out with his dogs, he knew we would be along looking for him.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for all the kind words and thoughts, I can't tell you how much they mean to me, I was feeeling sooo badly.

Sorry I didn't post sooner, I didn't sleep well last night so I took a nap ;)

Thanks again everyone xoxoxox

thank goodness!! I would have been a wreck as well. what nice man!, for keeping him at his house with his doggies. A gift is definitiely in order!

:D

Free got out one night while I was in Portland quite a few years back. My ex went looking for but she's almost completely black. couldnt be seen in the darkness. HE DIDNT TELL ME!! She came back on her own, he found her ont he porch next day. At first I wanted to kill him, then realized it was probably better he didnt tell me, because I wouldve booked a flight straight home and then gotten in trouble at work...I am required to go to these training sessions every year, and although my boss is a very understanding man, I dont think he would have been happy had I come home. He doesnt have any pets, so doesnt understand. He lets the staff take time off if they have pet issues, but shakes his head in wonder whenever that happens.

Thank you! We are all so happy - I am so thankful to this man, glad tomorrow is payday so I can get him a little something ;)

Courtnek, some people really just don't get the dog thing and I just don't get them ;) I had a boss like that but he didn't give a hoot, that was unacceptable to him as a reason to leave or miss work :evil: Thank goodness I work from home and for myself now, sometimes people are just GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Thanks again guys, I love coming here and having everyone understand exactly what I mean!!!

I'm so glad you got Tequila back safe and sound! You're very lucky that such a nice man found her and took care of her until you found her.

You're a good mom. Like everyone else said, this kind of stuff happens when you have dogs. I don't know how many times I had to go around the neighborhood trying to find Maya until I started putting her on a cable in the back yard.

Congratulations on getting your baby home!