Dogomania

My Perry dogger is sooooooo sick

Horsefeathers!

Here's the crisis du jour:

I know it's not proper to play favorites, but my Perry (and Peanut) has to be my heart. I love all of my dogs and would do anything for any of them, but Perry (and Peanut) is just my best friend, heart and soul.

He began vomiting last night. Rocco's been sick, too, but it's mostly diarrhea and he's acting fine. Rocco has no loss of appetite and does tend to get bouts of diarrhea from time to time, so we don't worry if it doesn't last more than a day or two, or as long as he acts ok. I thought maybe Perry had whatever "bug" Rocco has, but apparently not.

Perry seemed uncomfortable last night, but he did eat this morning. He didn't keep it down. Still, we weren't TOO worried. All of a sudden, this evening, Perry just started rapidly deteriorating. He wanted to drink water in excess and can't keep any on his stomach. We had to take the water away. He turned up his nose at any food (NOT like him) and started getting wobbly and lethargic. He all but refused to walk and was bumping into things when he tried. He's all drooly and disoriented.

We made an emergency run to the vet this evening. He started Perry on IM antibiotics and did an exam, BUN and fecal. When he tried to get a stool sample, it was nothing but blood! His symptoms are very similar to parvo, but it is not parvo.

Perry has a history of gastric problems and did have major tummy surgery a couple of years ago. The vet is thinking enteritis(?), but will be running more tests tomorrow morning. Perry had to stay overnight with the vet and if he is looking worse early in the morning, they will begin IV fluids. He's going to have more extensive labwork done in the morning as well.

Please (once again) send whatever hopes and well wishes that nothing serious is wrong with my boy. I love all of my dogs, but Perry is just really, really special to me. :(

Never a dull moment in my house.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0bADlAmgjB8chJNSjCczJkBJYDbPHSDTuy6CZtxT7Pa54j2tMRz7Ukyz*J36VIdNgsahPi4cS5y9JMLifz!snRcWZiXOYSG5GCAu63Z!s2VDFaT!8fvai4jYeytihb6KYg3fItam1xdmbYcqPu2HsHBCjzGtKTL!u/Perry%20happy%20birthday.jpg?dc=4675488192236042813[/img]

Well, Rocco still has diarrhea this morning, Perry made it through the night at the clinic, but can't keep any meds down, and now my Simon dogger is sick as well with the spewing and the blowing. Off he goes with me to the clinic this morning.

What in the world do we have going on here?? No recent food changes, can't imagine what they could have gotten into, no idea what's happening. :-?

Thanks for the thoughts.

Gigi, I wouldn't think so, but I'm not sure of anything. Rocco already had diarrhea, but he tends to get it from time to time, anyway. Our backyard is fenced and we don't see where anything has blown INSIDE it. I'll have hubby go outside today and take a good walk around to make sure, though. We're willing to consider anything.

Best wishs, thoughts and prayers. Sarah and Morgan theirs too.
Sure hope everyone is ok.
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

on a little side note HF I saw two standard poodles at work today (strays, im sure someone is looking for them, they looked well cared for) and thought of you and yours. They were a tan and a light brown color very pretty. :)