Dogomania

Look at all these breed bans!! Hard to believe

Daisysmom

We are going camping this weekend and wanted to be up on the rules because we are bring Jake. So........ take a look!

Pets must have proof of current vaccination for rabies. AT ALL TIMES pets MUST be on a 6' or shorter leash, attended, and cleaned up after. (Carry a clean up bag when walking your pet.) Excessive barking is not tolerated. Owner may be asked to take animal home if the above rules are violated. Exotic animals and [size=6][b]dogs of the following breeds are not permitted: Doberman, Rottweiler, Boxer, Mastiff, German Shepherd, Airedale, Chow, Staffordshire, Pit Bull and any mixed breed of the above[/b][/size].

I was really shocked!

Guest Anonymous

:o :evil: I'd show up with Zoey and say she's a mix of unknown breeds.. lol

that is ust stupid!! a BOXER??
i know up here alot of places won't allow the rotties in the camp grounds so i kindly right nasty letters to them and go somewhere else..

Guest Mutts4Me

Only 9 breeds, huh? Our campground introduced a 15-breed ban this spring :evil:

That topic is here: [url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=11726[/url]

My parents just recently upped their home owner's insurance to 1,000,000 [b]just to take our dog CAMPING[/b] because she is very plainly a chow mix. We had joked about assigning a different mix to her, my plan was to call her a Finnish Spitz mix, but my mom decided to up the policy to avoid any hassles. Argh.

They say it's not their policy, but instead is what their insurance company is forcing them to do, but I still think it's ridiculous. I was ready to organize something against it when I found out I could come to Arkansas, and I did.

Would a GSD be permitted in the campground if it was a police officer's dog? What if one of these breeds was being used by a person as a service dog? Would they be permitted?

[quote]
Exotic animals and dogs of the following breeds are not permitted: Doberman, Rottweiler, Boxer, Mastiff, German Shepherd, Airedale, Chow, Staffordshire, Pit Bull and any mixed breed of the above. [/quote]

So basicaly every dog is banned except little dogs, goldens, labs, collies, bird dogs, and some of the more obscure breeds? Instead of having a banned breed list, it would be eisier if they just had a list of permitted breeds.

~Seij

Yikes! Saying that no mixes of those breeds are allowed takes care of most mixed breed dogs that are adopted from rescue shelters!

[quote]Exotic animals and dogs of the following breeds are not permitted: Doberman, Rottweiler, Boxer, Mastiff, German Shepherd, Airedale, Chow, Staffordshire, Pit Bull and any mixed breed of the above. [/quote]

Jackie wouldn't be able to go because she has some German Shepherd in her (we think).

[quote]The following breeds or any mixture of these breeds will no longer be allowed in any of our resorts: Wolf, Wold Hybrids, Huskies, Dalmatians, Airedales, Great Danes, Staffordshire Terriers, Alaskan Malamutes, Siberian Huskies, Chow, Doberman Pinschers, Pit Bull Terriers, Rottweiler, Akita, Mastiff, German Shepherd and Presa Canario.[/quote]

Maya would be kicked out of this one because she's part Husky.

[quote name='pitbullEmily']Except you can have an airedale. But not a Weimeraner.

[/quote]

I wonder how Weims got to be targeted? I mean, I'm not for any kind of breed bans and this is exactly why I hate ANY breed discrimination, but it's just really weird to see Weims targeted. It's why I keep saying the list of bans is going to grow until NO dog is allowed. It's what some people would like, anyway.

Where is this place? I need to check around here for the heck of it and see what the camp grounds say. What a load of crap. Basically these people just don't want dogs running around at all. If that is the case, just say We Don't Allow Dogs and be done with it. Pru would be kicked out completely - GSD/Pit mix, and then Piper - Pit Bull but Leo - American Bulldog could stay. Funny thing is he is not people aggressive at all but can tend to be a bit leash aggressive to other dogs sometimes, the other 2 are not at all. They should consider the dog and not the breed or say No Dogs period and get what they are really going for.

[quote]Where is this place?[/quote]
It is in Maryland, about 45 mins from St. Michaels. It was a nice campground, but I almost felt guilty going there with Jake our YELLOW LAB, who they just loved :oops:
It's called Holiday Park Campground and it is along the Choptank River.