Dogomania

Best in Show

__crazy_canine__

That movie is one of the funniest I have ever seen! Christopher Guest rocks! :ylsuper:
I love the gay guys, when he asks the hotel manager "Are you from Norland or something?" LMFAO!
Also, when the announcer comments on the gay guys outfit. He said "Where I come from, you better be a doorman with an outfit like that!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Parker Posey is great as the neurotic Weim's owner when she is looking for the bumble bee toy.

This movie was such a hoot! I liked it a lot. Kevin enjoyed it too, and said he found it pretty funny how the terrier's owner some how knew so many men. I wonder how. :roll: LOL

I have always wondered if it was accurate. Obviously it is made more comedic for the audience's enjoyment..I'm just wondering if its far-fetched at all. Any show people wanna chip in? :wink:

I've got it on tape, I think its a classic, so funny!!! :lol:

It scares me a little though, looking at the Weims owners, that reminds me so much of me with Montie, except I don't let him get away with attacking other people! I do however, find myself cradling him singing "rockabye Montie..." and spending hours searching the house for his "lambie" every time he loses it :roll:

I have not seen the movie "best in show" I will be sure to watch it next time I get a movie in.
A few of my "show" friends have rented the movie and did not find it funny at all...they probably thought it was just normal and don't see any humer in their actions.

I have to say that I have to be forced to attend a dog show by my friends...I find them stressful and every one is on edge. Just a couple of weekends ago my friend invited me to go away with her to a dog show...I decided to go and entered one of my dogs in obedience. I am a pretty laid back person...but, by the end of the first day I was so stressed I thought I was going to slap some one. My friend was getting ready for the ring with her dog on the table, she asked me to run back to the van and get her show lead...I get there and there are 10 identical leather leads. I grab one and run back...she starts screaming at me saying that this was her exercise lead and not a show lead...now she was going to lose as she cannot possibly exhibit her dog with this lead. I was very embarressed and ran back to the van and grabbed the remaining 9 leads. She grabbed the proper lead and prompty took her dog off the grooming table. I never heard one word of sorry at all. There was not one bit of difference between any of those leads...they were all leather show leads...but, her exercise leads are just a little bit older than her show leads...and her show leads are black where her exercise leads are a dark brown (looked black to me) :niewiem:

So, I'll pick up this movie...perhaps I can reminise on what I am not missing by not attending dog shows more often. :wink:

best in show is sooo funny. i always try to catch it on tv since i don't own a copy of it. how hilarious is it when the female owner of the terrier (is her name cookie?) comes out after the terrier wins? she's walking all funny because she messed up her ankle. HILARIOUS!