Dogomania

Do your dogs watch TV?

behle

Do your dogs watch television?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do your dogs watch television?

Ben, my saint, is aware of the pictures on the television. If he is in the living room when there are animals on the tv screen (even if the sound is off), he will go over put his nose about and inch from the screen, then dash over to the front window to look for the animal he saw on the TV. He will do this every time (when awake) he sees a dog, cat, bird, etc. I think he believes that the television is a window to the great outside!

He also is alert to the sound of infants crying or little children playing on the televsion, but doesn't run to the window! Too wierd!

My other dog couldn't care less about TV!

Guest Anonymous

Hazel will sometimes! But usually she will just sit on the floor.
My Cat Daiquiri will almost all the time though! it's so cute! Our calico, Taz... if you put on race cars on the TV she'll actually wait on the other side of the TV for them to come out! LOL it's SO cute!! :lol:

Kavik will watch TV sometimes but doesn't show that much interest. Barking, meowing, mooing, baaing sounds - nothing, no reaction.
Fireworks on tv - he barks warningly, kinda freaked.
A baby crying on tv - he whines, tilts his head, behaves very distressed. He has never really seen a baby.

Aaron and I were under the impression from somewhere that dogs cannot see television, due to the flatness or something. But Parker absolutely does. He watches all sorts of things, whatever we are watching or even video games. Animals on tv are his favorite! He was really into the Eukanuba dog show, but some of the dogs he didn't realize were dogs!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Yes, we even bought a DVD that is sold in Dog Fancy. Video is called "Let's Go To The Park!" It drives them wild, so we don't let them watch it anymore. They still watch Animal Planet, mostly dog shows. :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Kira is not interested in the tv at all. Surprisingly the only time I have ever seen her watch TV is when we were watching a program on bears. She heard the bear roar and she immediately stood up (along with the hair on her back.)
Dexter LOVES tv. His favorite shows are the Golden Girls and golf tournaments, LOL. He will bark when he sees dogs on tv. He gets very agitated when he hears dogs barking on the boob tube. He will run up to the screen and stare for a second. Then he looks behind the TV for a few seconds. Then he runs into the bedroom thinking he is going to find that dirty dog that is invading his home, hahaha.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Our pug, Bessie, not only watches tv with animals, but reacts to fires and fighting. She likes neither. She also reacts to horses, because we have some. She doesn't care about cows. She once woke us up in the middle of a night barking her head off. We went outside and she ran around to the back of the house where our wooden fence was on fire from burning weeds that day. We would have never known the fence was on fire had she not woke us up. She always reacts to fires on tv. Most amazing is that she not only reacts to dogs barking on tv, but recognizes the music of commercials that have dogs in them. When she hears the music from these commercials, she will race from another room right to the tv. Her favorite movie is 8 Below. She's watched it several times.

• 9 months later...

Haha, my dog sal is a sheepdog and the one thing she loves more than anything is that program 1 man and his dog when that comes on we just leave it on for her and go and do other stuff haha.

Apart from that like others have said she really doesn't like violence or fires, i was watching the football factory the other day and she wouldn't stop barking!