Dogomania

Guess What!!!

Guest Anonymous

Soooo let me get this straight, we can suggest someone try another dog food if their dog has hotspots but if a person is, from what we can tell, in jepordy or potentially placing an animal in jepordy we shouldn't say anything? Riiiiiight. I don't think so, suggesting someone go for counseling isn't offensive, unless suggesting someone go to emerg for a gunshot wound is. Mental health is really important and nothing to be ashamed of. Refusing to talk about counseling and mental health contributes to an unwarrented stigma attatched to it and does a disservice to the proffession and the people who experience mental health issues from stress to bipolar disorder.

As for "none of our business." People express their opinions on boards, people respond. If something is "none of our business" than it aught not be posted here. And if by "none of our busness" you mean we should express our opinions about somethings and not others...well you may have to accept that different people have different opinions on where that line is. It is quite possible that if we went with the most conservative view of what is "none of anyone's business" we would have NOTHING to post here, so why be here?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Censorship... NOOOOOO! :o

I think K and the mods run dogo perfectly fine. We rarely have disagreements, and when we do most of us can go back to being friends a day later. What works for one board doesn't for another. But personally, I would NOT stick around on a board where I wasn't allowed to speak my mind when it was justified.

I guess we're not gonna get an answer on where Moose came from. :( Poor dog.

I've not posted to this thread in, what, 16 pages. Not one single time, though I've read all of it. I didn't really feel the need to post because there isn't too much I can add that hasn't already been said, and I didn't need to beat a dead horse, or join in any choruses.

However, this stirred me... the post from the moderator of another forum going on and on and on and on and.... about how "we" run things here. I tell ya what... I'm a member of several other dog/pet boards, and most of them are touchy feely play nice with each other boards. I can respect that because it's THEIR (whoever owns it) boards. The reason Dogo is my "home" board is because of the moderators' willingness to let things run their course, good, bad, or ugly. If this ever becomes one of those fluff n' stuff boards, I won't be here nearly as much because I can get that anywhere. Things have a way of working themselves out. If someone makes an inappropriate remark, someone else will be along to call them on it, whether they are regulars or not. I think there's a perfect balance, and I wouldn't want to see it run any other way. No matter how hot it gets, it always works itself out in the end. We don't need nannies to lock us down and tell us to play nice. The people who can't hack it here can find gazillions of fluff n' stuff boards across the net where everyone's expected to play nice. The fact that you have sent so many people here (whether they could hack it or not) tells me that there must be some great minds and brilliant advice to be had here from training to diet to behavior. If people can't hack the raw truth, or some pretty raw opinions, you're right... this isn't the place for them. Doesn't mean WE should change. It just means they would be better off on one of the gazillion other dog boards out there.

I also don't get why being a moderator is supposed to all of a sudden make someone totally devoid of any opinions, or rights to say them. I honestly thing Mei meant well, and did not see her post as confrontational at all. I truly believe she was trying to help, not attack. It isn't her fault if someone misperceives it as an attack. I don't think being a moderator should mean keeping your opinions to yourself.

It's kind of ironic that you think the thread should have been locked pages ago, and can tell us what kind of input is acceptable and what should have been done, all while contradicting yourself by doing the very thing which you are complaining about. Also, it might chap my *ss a little to have someone sanctimoniously thumping their chest about how they would run things in a perfect world... "I'm a moderator on another board, and blah blah blah blah..." means about as much to me as "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on tv."

This is the only dog board I'm on now but I'm on several horse boards, and they're all pretty much sugar-coated, play nice, talk nice, etc. I love being on a board where you can say what you really mean. I've been pissed off on this board and I've pissed people off. That's life! Everyone has an opinion, and I love being somewhere where we can actually express our opinions!

Dogo is da bomb!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='bk_blue']Hey, well you know what, if you don't like the way we run things, you are quite free to leave at any time. Don't let the door hit your a** on the way out. :) [/quote]

My, my. No need to be a rude ass about it. If you were one of my moderators you'd be removed by now. I wouldn't dare let one of my moderators speak like that to a member. It doesn't help with member retention nor does it help get new members.

I'll leave, but I'll have no problem repeating what you told me WORD FOR WORD to other people and make sure I mention it came rom a moderator while painting Dogo in a "less than nice" light.

[quote name='bk_blue']Clearly you have zero understanding of the particular way this forum operates.[/quote]

Clearly not and from what I'm seeing now, I'm quite sickened by it. I can see why everyone I talk to about Dogo has NOTHING nice to say about it. NOTHING whatsoever an d if you don't care. That's fine. It's NOT my reputaion being painted as such, it's Dogo's.

[quote name='bk_blue']Through trial and error we have found that allowing free speech is the best way of keeping things in check. [/quote]

FREE SPEECH is great, but, as I told admin on another forum that goes all out with FREE SPEECH, it only goes so far. Besides, one of the rules is NO profanity. That contradicts your allowance of FREE SPEECH to keep things in check. FREE SPEECH means just that and anything goes.

[quote name='bk_blue']There is no fun in an administration that constantly plays boring, bossy parent, deleting or locking threads randomly and banning people.[/quote]

Well, poo on me. But you know what? That's exactly what it means to admin a discussion forum. This is the only forum I've been at that doesn't actually admin itself. That would be comparable to a manager saying they're going to go into work and not even manage properly or fire folks. Boy, talk anbout a 'lazy' administrator. No wonder everyone I meet has nothing nice to say about Dogo. I know where that comes form now.

[quote name='DogPaddle']As for "none of our business." People express their opinions on boards, people respond.[/quote]

Exactly, that's what a discussion forum is meant for. However, telling another member they need counseling was crossing a fine line and DAL, under no circumstances, was obligated to divulge if she had received counselling or is receiving counseling and what for. Mei-Mei thus had no right really say it was any of her business because, quite frankly, it wasn't.

[quote name='K']Oh Dear Me Kayzhond ....I must truly and sincerely apologise for the fact that [b]I[/b] dont do as [u]you[/u] see fit in this forum... :lol:

How many posts do you have exactly...oh yeah 25...25! wow that makes you a BIG time member here right?...please...if you had bothered to look into this place a little deeper and actually "see" what goes on here you would know that I lock threads like this upon request (democracy babe its all in the 'rules') ..I am afraid you have no [i]right[/i] as you like to use that word to comment on the running of this forum....[/quote]

Rude and to the point, huh? You folks must enjoy getting the reputation you've gotten for yourselves. I'd never say that as admin to any of my members who came out of a 2-year inactive period to post in a situation like this.

I've administrated many discussion forums in the past and this is something I'd never ever do. It just reeks "bad mouthing" from the person its said to. But hey, as I said, it's your reputation - not mine. And quite frankly, you've already been doing a bang-up job at painting Dogo is a "bad light" as it is so heck, why not just go for broke? Eh?

By the way, isn't this a "flame war"? According to Dogo's defnition of a flame war: A flame war occurs when two or more users flame each other in an escalating manner that threatens to continue unabated.
Respect other peoples privacy. Honestly, this thread has definitely continue unabated for quite some times now.

I really do think it should be locked in an effort to stop the escalation and force everyone to get over it and [i]move on[/i] now since they can't seem to do so on their own. Not to mention, one can only think what newbies must think of this after having read it, whether in its entirty or just a few pages since the initial post and succeeding post were edited out by DAL. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes them a bit scred or leery to open post for fear they might get "attacked" like DAL did. Think about your reputation. I don't believe you let it fly out the window. Quite sad indeed.

[quote name='Kayzhond'][quote name='bk_blue']Hey, well you know what, if you don't like the way we run things, you are quite free to leave at any time. Don't let the door hit your a** on the way out. :) [/quote]

My, my. No need to be a rude a** about it. If you were one of my moderators you'd be removed by now. I wouldn't dare let one of my moderators speak like that to a member. It doesn't help with member retention nor does it help get new members.

I'll leave, but I'll have no problem repeating what you told me WORD FOR WORD to other people and make sure I mention it came rom a moderator while painting Dogo in a "less than nice" light.

[quote name='bk_blue']Clearly you have zero understanding of the particular way this forum operates.[/quote]

Clearly not and from what I'm seeing now, I'm quite sickened by it. I can see why everyone I talk to about Dogo has NOTHING nice to say about it. NOTHING whatsoever an d if you don't care. That's fine. It's NOT my reputaion being painted as such, it's Dogo's.

[quote name='bk_blue']Through trial and error we have found that allowing free speech is the best way of keeping things in check. [/quote]

FREE SPEECH is great, but, as I told admin on another forum that goes all out with FREE SPEECH, it only goes so far. Besides, one of the rules is NO profanity. That contradicts your allowance of FREE SPEECH to keep things in check. FREE SPEECH means just that and anything goes.

[quote name='bk_blue']There is no fun in an administration that constantly plays boring, bossy parent, deleting or locking threads randomly and banning people.[/quote]

Well, poo on me. But you know what? That's exactly what it means to admin a discussion forum. This is the only forum I've been at that doesn't actually admin itself. That would be comparable to a manager saying they're going to go into work and not even manage properly or fire folks. Boy, talk anbout a 'lazy' administrator. No wonder everyone I meet has nothing nice to say about Dogo. I know where that comes form now.

[quote name='DogPaddle']As for "none of our business." People express their opinions on boards, people respond.[/quote]

Exactly, that's what a discussion forum is meant for. However, telling another member they need counseling was crossing a fine line and DAL, under no circumstances, was obligated to divulge if she had received counselling or is receiving counseling and what for. Mei-Mei thus had no right really say it was any of her business because, quite frankly, it wasn't.

[quote name='K']Oh Dear Me Kayzhond ....I must truly and sincerely apologise for the fact that [b]I[/b] dont do as [u]you[/u] see fit in this forum... :lol:

How many posts do you have exactly...oh yeah 25...25! wow that makes you a BIG time member here right?...please...if you had bothered to look into this place a little deeper and actually "see" what goes on here you would know that I lock threads like this upon request (democracy babe its all in the 'rules') ..I am afraid you have no [i]right[/i] as you like to use that word to comment on the running of this forum....[/quote]

Rude and to the point, huh? You folks must enjoy getting the reputation you've gotten for yourselves. I'd never say that as admin to any of my members who came out of a 2-year inactive period to post in a situation like this.

I've administrated many discussion forums in the past and this is something I'd never ever do. It just reeks "bad mouthing" from the person its said to. But hey, as I said, it's your reputation - not mine. And quite frankly, you've already been doing a bang-up job at painting Dogo is a "bad light" as it is so heck, why not just go for broke? Eh?

By the way, isn't this a "flame war"? According to Dogo's defnition of a flame war: A flame war occurs when two or more users flame each other in an escalating manner that threatens to continue unabated.
Respect other peoples privacy. Honestly, this thread has definitely continue unabated for quite some times now.

I really do think it should be locked in an effort to stop the escalation and force everyone to get over it and [i]move on[/i] now since they can't seem to do so on their own. Not to mention, one can only think what newbies must think of this after having read it, whether in its entirty or just a few pages since the initial post and succeeding post were edited out by DAL. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes them a bit scred or leery to open post for fear they might get "attacked" like DAL did. Think about your reputation. I don't believe you let it fly out the window. Quite sad indeed.[/quote]

And thats why you arent a mod or admin of Dogo. :wink:

If you spent any time at all reading other posts, you could see the atmosphere here. Its like a family, and we worry about eachother and their well being. AND their dogs, as in this case.

No ones keeping you here. If you dont like the way Dogo is run, leave.

:: Edited to add: Oh, and where exaclty are you comming from? Some foofy board where if you stick a toe out of line with the rules you are banned and the thread it locked? Yeah. Think about your reputation too. :wink:

Hey Kayshound....do you swear by chance? never? I somehow doubt it.

we are made up of people who are mostly adults, some teenagers, all of whom had heard, and said, most of the "profanity" you are complaining about. I've been on boards like yours, PF is one of them. Did you know you cant say the word "dick"? my fathers NAME was Dick. I read Moby Dick. it gets replaced with "male-genitalia"....you also cant say "virgin".
so if you go to the Virgin Islands on vacation, it gets replaced with "non-sexual female" or something stupid like that....

I prefer it here, where people can speak their minds, within reason, and believe me, I have gone "over-reason", and been slapped for it. so if you prefer a board where no one can give an unpopular opinion, so be it.

you dont need to send anyone here for us, thank you. they come on their own as it is. and most stay. of their own volition. maybe yours left because on YOUR board, no one is allowed to have a dissenting opinion...

so basically what you're saying is your members are vergetables, who arent allowed to think or speak for themselves?

hmmmmmm...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

have a nice day, wont you?

Let me tell you something ELSE Missy...

[quote]I wouldn't be surprised if it makes them a bit scred or leery to open post for fear they might get "attacked" like DAL did[/quote]

DAL has been here a LONG time, and almost every member here has bent over backwards, including myself, to help her through all of her trials and tribulations. Bet you didnt know that, did you? this the first post that finally irritated everyone to the brink. because of past problems, and past issues, none of us believe, for the good of the pets, that she should get another one. So without knowing the history behind THIS post, you jump in and attempt to flame the moderators and admin because WE DONT DO THINGS YOUR WAY?

Get over yourself.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='BuddysMom']Wow, I'm not a mod (not even close) but aren't there general moderator ethics that one does not go on another board and completely dis them?[/quote]

I'm not "DISSING" anyone. I'm merely calling it like I see it.

[quote name='ESSlover']And thats why you arent a mod or admin of Dogo. :wink: [/quote]

Truthfully, I wouldn't want to be a moderator here, but hey, at lest I'd do my job if I was unlike those who are mods here.

[quote name='ESSlover']No ones keeping you here. If you dont like the way Dogo is run, leave.[/quote]

I plan on it. Not to mention, [b]admin can simply delete my account following this post.[/b]

[quote name='ESSlover']:: Edited to add: Oh, and where exaclty are you comming from? Some foofy board where if you stick a toe out of line with the rules you are banned and the thread it locked? Yeah. Think about your reputation too. :wink:[/quote]

That is none of your damn business where I come from. You just have to know that I come from somewhere with a far better reputation than this dog forum. I don't have to think about my reputation because I have a reputation I'm quite happy with and I also have a good, open line of communication with my mdoerators who are all on the same page as me and who agree that if you stick a toe out of line with the rules you are banned and the thread it locked you're doing the [i]right[/i][quote name='Michele']t's your job.

[quote name='"Michele"']Kayzhond: Like K said to you before, how many posts have you made on this board, 25, 30?....[/quote]

Like post count should really matter.

[quote name='Michele']If someone comes on here detailing their private life or whatever, don't expect the rest of us to sit back and say nothing.[/quote]

I'm NOT saying you shouldn't have said anything, but there's a nice way to say things and a rude way and the majoity of what I read was said in a rude way.

[quote name='Michele']Quite frankly, I could give a rat's a** about DAL's personal demons. MY only concern is for the animals' lives she CHOSE to disrupt because of her selfishness.......[/quote]

Quite frankly, I don't feel the same about you either. By the way, isn't there a NO PROFANITY rule that you're breaking?

Does admin like establishing rules and then not enforcing them? Or, does she enforce them with some but not all? Regardless, she's not doing her job and neither are her admins.

Okay, I'm out. Please delete the account.

Amen Court. I think it's rediculous that I cant type my husbands name, which is also Dick, over in that forum. And you know what? I could get banned for getting around their stupid filters by typing D!ck or D ick. I relly like the freedom here at dogo so I'm sticking around.

Now, dont everyone get all excited at once. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='DivineOblivion19'][color=indigo]Anyone got a tissue? I just can't help but get all teary eyed when someone cries as much a Kayzhond has. *sniffle*[/color] :cry: :lol:[/quote]

Again, you're rudeness and ostracizing of folks has earned you the reputation Dogo has so rightfully earned for itself. No wonder you had 2,000 registrants at one time and only around 500-some actually posting. :lol:

Good riddance. I'll be sure to join in the "paint Dogo in a bad light" chorus too. I'll have no problems getting folks to steer clear of this discussion forum.

well, I'M excited!! I like having you here, and believe me, you're a breath of fresh air on PF too.....I'd lose that account, but so often there are people who aren't part of the clique, that really need help, and I cant bring myself to do it...

:oops: :oops: :oops:

[quote]Let me tell you something ELSE Missy...

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it makes them a bit scred or leery to open post for fear they might get "attacked" like DAL did

DAL has been here a LONG time, and almost every member here has bent over backwards, including myself, to help her through all of her trials and tribulations. Bet you didnt know that, did you? this the first post that finally irritated everyone to the brink. because of past problems, and past issues, none of us believe, for the good of the pets, that she should get another one. So without knowing the history behind THIS post, you jump in and attempt to flame the moderators and admin because WE DONT DO THINGS YOUR WAY?

Get over yourself.
[/quote]

yes, I am quoting myself... :lol: :lol: :lol:

you will notice Her Highness passed over this completely....I think maybe it shows a different side to her story...what do you guys think?

8)

[quote name='Kayzhond']
I'm not "DISSING" anyone. I'm merely calling it like I see it.

[/quote]

Ooohhhhhhhhhhh.... you're only calling it like you see it. We're just a bunch of argumentative trolls. Gotcha. :roll:

[quote]I'll be sure to join in the "paint Dogo in a bad light" chorus too. I'll have no problems getting folks to steer clear of this discussion forum.[/quote]
Oh, please, NO! For the love of all that's holy, PLEASE, anything but that! Everyone knows that the more members we have and retain, the richer we get. K assures me that my "member retention" check is in the mail... :roll:

Thanks for stopping by and filling our suggestion box. Now while you're harping at us about "moving on...." :)
I don't understand what's so difficult. If Dogo is not your flavor, there's no need to berate US about it. Just, you know, "move on."

Ok Kayzhound or whatever the heck your username is if it hasn't been deleted by now....How dare you come on here and just insult [i]OUR[/i] forums admin and mods!! Just cuz they don't run it the way YOU want you think you can just tell them how you want it run? Guess what most of us members here think the admin and mods do just fine here considering what they have to deal with sometimes! Frankly I don't care what other boards say about us! Oh and this is me being nice to.

*joins OG*
[quote name='ObedienceGrrl']*singing*

"Can you feeeeeeeeel the loooooooooove tonight......."

Everybody!

:D[/quote]
The peace the evening brings.........(I love this song :D )
[/b]