Dogomania

Pinch me, Im dreaming... OW!

OMGx100000000000000000000000!!!

My mom decided I can have a dog!!!!

Yesterday I made her hold this precious pit bull puppy and was trying to convince her to let us have her. The puppy was good at sucking up too. She kept licking her and then fell asleep in her lap! :lol:
Anyway, when we got home we discussed it and things went unbelievably well! We've had this discussion many times before and it always comes down to no. I think this time the only thing that was different is the fact that she knows Im depressed and she knows a dog will help that.

Well, I emailed the puppys foster mom today. She wants to find a "better" home for her. Shes looking for someone who is either home 24-7 or can bring her to work. I mean its a nice thought but kinda dreamland, ya know? Its hard enough to find a responsible home for a pit bull anyway but to expect this? I dont know it just seems unrealistic.

Im hoping she might change her mind but even if she doesnt I can get another pit bull puppy. The only thing is if I cant get this puppy, I have to wait til summer. That way I can work on crate-training, house-breaking, socialization, basic training, and everything as much as possible before school starts again. I know the puppy will be home alone for 8 hours during the weekdays but by then it will be a bit older.

Thanks, DO! :D

Yes I know her. She thinks I would be a great owner. Heres what she said:
[quote]It' not that I want someone Better than you and your Mom. Ya'll have enough love an experience for 10 Pitt Bull puppies. With all my heart I am hoping to find a Forever Home than has a stay at home person or someone than can take Maggie Mae to work with them. [/quote]
She has a lot of typos in all her emails, its really annoying. :lol: :roll:

She expected this out of her other foster too...
(but this dog ended up being adopted out as an outside dog. :-? While I dont exactly agree with it, that dog gets plenty of attention and love and she has a playmate.)
Im hoping she'll realize that its almost impossible to find what shes looking for... and let me take Maggie Mae home with me!! :D

congrats to you!

however her "rules" just put me in a foul mood...I went through that same crap before I got Laurel. Sorry, cant adopt to you, you're not home
all day...who the heck IS? the majority of the people in this country have two working spouses....

how do they ever expect these dogs to get adopted? the stay at home mom is quickly becoming a thing of the past, in most situations....

Congrats! That's great that you are choosing to adopt a pit bull puppy. They're a lot of fun (and hard work too) and well worth it.

I feel the same way about some of the rescues in our area. They want nothing short of a blood sample and a permanent leash attached from the dog to your hip. I understand their position and know that they want what's best for the dog - but sometimes it seems like they get carried away...

Good luck in your search for the perfect puppy!

:banan:

[quote name='kendalyn']Are you considering an older dog from the rescue organization you volunteer for?[/quote]

I absolutely would ...but I cant in my current situation. My mom is worried enough about getting a pit bull at all, let alone an adult one or any adult for that matter. Shes concerned that it might "eat" our cat.

I was being completely honest with her and said there was a chance that, even if the pup grew up with Lucky, the dog might still turn animal aggressive. I told her we would have to keep them seperated when were not home. Now shes having second thoughts about a pit bull.

Well, Im glad to know Im not the only one who finds the whole 24/7 dog watch thing a little bit crazy.

I really want this puppy! She is soooo adorable! Ill definitely post pictures of her after I take some this Saturday! Her eyes are so pretty; they're green with brown around the pupil. Her coat is really soft, I hope it stays that way. Her markings are just to die for! Maggie is white and chocolate brindle! Her whole face is white except her ears. Her eyelids are pink which is hilarious because it creeps my mom out. :lol: And her nose is chocolate but on the right theres pink. Shes mostly white but she has a big "saddle" of chocolate (almost blue in certain light) brindle! Its gorgeous!!!

Congratulations. That is great news.

I am also one that thinks some rescues are getting way to extreme with this whole be with the dog 24x7 thing.

It's a joke! In a perfect world people wouldn't have to work or could take their dogs to work with them but it's just not realistic. I think maybe 5% of the population would fall into this categoroy so rescues seem to be in a position of cutting off their nose to spite their face. :-?

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']I was being completely honest with her and said there was a chance that, even if the pup grew up with Lucky, the dog might still turn animal aggressive. [/quote]

That is exactly why I'm planning on getting an adult, 4+ years, Pit Bull when I can finally get my own dog. I'll be getting it from a rescue, and I will only get a dog that has been [i]proven[/i] good with cats - so there are no surprises later on.

Oh yeah, and I"m just not a puppy person :lol:

Well maybe the woman will change her mind and let you have the pup, but if not stay positive. Things always work out for the best and it may be best for you till wait until summer so have lots of time to work with a new pup. I know you don't wanna wait, but that may be best for a new pup. If you do get this pup I would suggest you get it on a friday afternoon so you have all weekend to spend with it before going back to school.

Now, it's nice to find out I am a rare breed! I get to stay home 24/7. Does that mean I can have all the dogs I want? HAHAHAHA I'm gonna turn into a crazy lady and have like 20 dogs and I'm not gonna share with the rest of ya! :lol:

It's not very realistic to think people can be with there dog 24/7. I guess it's luck or stupidity that I get to be here. It's a budget stretch and I can squeeze a dollar until it drips blood, but I do it for my kids. I feel bad for people who have to place there kids in daycare. You never know what goes on there and if there are being given all the attention they need. I know a lot of daycares are terriffic, but some are down right horrible. I love being able to spend time with my son all day and being here when my daughter comes home from school. I also love Toby kisses 24/7. Its a good life, but you must make sacrifices. You have to be a tight wade. Very hard for me to learn, but I did it.

OH anyways, I was wondering, does the pup have any seperation issues that would cause the lady to feel this way? I know some dogs freak out when left alone.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Lucky Chaos'] House wives barely even exist anymore.[/quote]

i wisht hat were true.. lol come to a military base.. there's a lot of us housewives still around!