Dogomania

Meg photo at Crufts...

My worst fears are confirmed. I went this morning to the house and again the padlock was on. I passed the front window and his wife was there getting her hair cut and saw me. I rang the door bell and got no answer. I think I waited on the doorstop about 10 mins but I was ignored. I rapped the letter box and her hairdresser answered. Margaret saw me then and I asked about seeing Meg and she said sammy was in bed and i should talk to him. I asked about the padlock and asked was it for me. She answered that she wasn't getting into it and I have to see him. That confirmed what I suspected last night and I walked to the back to see Meg over the fence and poured my eyes and heart out to that little dog then walked home. I got back home and sobbed over and over. I wrote the letter like I was going to and in it I wrote that I don't understand what I have done wrong or why our relationship has been affected, then I poured out all my emotions about Meg and my love and bond with her then ended the letter asking him to please contact me so we could try and talk.

I have sobbed all night and today I got up and tried to convince myself today would be different but after seeing Margaret I broke totally and I have cried all day in my room, then at work in the stock room when I was alone and when I got home as well... the tears just keep flowing. :cry: . The thought of never seeing Meg again sickens me and I guess now the ball is in his court. He didn't even have the decency to come to me and say anything, but I now am being told that at Crufts my name was totally defaced and its just a good job that I have true friends who will relay information to me :cry: I just don't understand what I've done wrong. Its just like my worst nightmare. I'm exhausted of emotions and feel so hurt and dejected and yet still I can't stop sobbing...they even ignored me as I was standing on their very door step...like i was a piece of filth or something.. :sadCyber: :placz:

Kat, just curious...how did Meg actually DO at Crufts? I know you have posted that when you ran her she took high honors. and that could be the whole problem, and why they have slammed you. you trained her, she responds to you much better than to him (in all of your pictures of her I have never seen her looking so dejected) and now suddenly HE runs her and she doesnt do well? who better to blame it on then you, since you werent there to defend yourself. I would definitely contact your friends and people at Crufts and tell them what happened. maybe nothing legally can be done, but they may have quite a bit of influence over this situation.

and Kat, we're all here for you, no matter what.

:cry:

At Crufts she was the reserve dog for the team so she didn't run. I went after I posted the last post to try see her and she wasn't there...probably at the vet because the other 2 dogs were there. After that I just walked for a while trying to make sense of this crazy situation. He still hasn't made contact with me after me putting the letter through the letter box this morning. I just don't know what else to do and thats the truth. :( My eyes are so bloodshot from crying all day. I can't thank you all enough for the support you all have given me. Thank you is too small a word.

heres the latest update. I broke down in tears at dinner tonight and when i told my parents they were pretty furious. I went down tonight with my Dad to Megs house and talked to the guy who owns her (his wife wasn't there). after me pouring all my emotions out, he said that the reason why i was being ignored was a few reasons.

Last year when I was going to Holland I posted about wanting to take her and I openly answered people at dog shows who asked me if i was going to take her. My reply was always that she wasn't my dog to take but I would always try to ask which I did on a few occasions. It got back to him through someone printing out "my" replies i had made on the internet and by word of mouth that I was going to take her and not even ask him. Thats not true at all and I'm beginning to suspect that someone has been posting lies in my name on the uk dog forums. It wouldn't be the first time that I've been impersonated either. :roll:

Then another bone of contention was on the Crufts cards I wrote to the team on the envelope, the handlers name and dog name for him to distribute in case he wasnt sure who the person was , so he had the dogs name as well to identify the person by. On his card envelope I just wrote his name because I presumed he would know I meant him and wouldn't have to put Megs name as well. That part appears to be him reading into it too deeply.

Lastly he thought i would be back only a few months and Meg would have to adapt back to my style, but she works fine with me anyway just like she did before I left so thats not an issue. I plan to be back longer than a few months in N.Ireland so again thats not an issue at all.

The way it was left was that he would speak to his wife who ultimately owns Meg and I'm going tomorrow night to speak to them both and to try and finally sort this whole horrid mess out. :(

[i]p.s. anyone reading this forum who desires to print out my reply and show it to the obedience/agility circles in N.Ireland and the UK, go right ahead but be a real person and don't twist facts into fiction. I know who you are and malicious rumours will get you no where. :evil: [/i]

Kat I'm so sorry, I can feel your pain through your posts :buzi:

Meg doesn't look happy on that pic and I hope you manage to sort something out. If you're so unhappy just think how Meg feels, poor little love. :buzi:

Good luck for tomorrow night. :buzi:

I texted tonight and he was just back from the st paddys day sho and his wife wasnt in so I'm leaving it until tomorrow when they are both in the house and I'm going to try and sort this situation and clear the air. I slept last night and the ill feeling in my stomach has become lesser so thats good :)

I went this morning and talked to both of Meg's owners. They were adamant that the decision had been made and only the guy would work Meg in obedience (shes being retired from agility due to all the injuries she keeps getting). I begged and I pleaded with everything I had in my heart and his wife now who ultimately owns Meg is now unsure and she is going to have a think again and see then call me this afternoon. I hope so much that I hear the answer I want to hear. One thing that emmerged was the fact that they didn't want to perturb Meg if i decided to take off to holland again. That wont be happening anyway but regardless, Meg still is fine working with me and she isn't affected at all by the fact that I'm back apart from the fact that shes delighted to see me. I wish Meg had a voice so she could choose herself and it would be so much easier. :(

I think it may come to a written guarantee if they let me handle her again that I can be here for at least 2 years and also that I arrange my trips to Holland around the dog shows. I love Meg and now it feels like I'm being made to decide between Meg and Sander. I just don't know what to feel. :(

She ran out of the ring today at the show when he was working her in the obedience ring. I was sitting at a table doing score and she caught sight of me and darted over with her tail wagging and pushed her wee head up under my arm whimpering and licking me. She made it perfectly clear who she wanted to be with and whats more, everyone saw it for themselves. Of course it went down like a lead balloon with him but I don't give a flying frick.

Realistically Meg will not be here forever and shes such a special little dog that I will never be able to replace but I can't give up 3 years worth of my relationship just to satisfy "their" needs. If I can walk her and be a part of her life still, then thats great but I have been through hell and back this week and can't mentally do it anymore so I'm dropping the show side. I have pleaded and begged but I have dignity and the humble side of me stops right now. Everyones words over this past week mean more to me than you could imagine. Thank you all.

Kat, I will say one thing and then let it go, if thats what you want

Meg chose YOU. she ran from the ring against orders and rules, and licked you. she loves you, and nothing this ahole can do will can change that.

YOU should be showing her, and not HIM...

he would see that if he could get over his obvious fascination with himself. His wife is a wimp. she wont take him on.

feel free to print this and give it to them.

Kat - It almost seems to me that they are jealous of the affection Meg has for you. :-? I'm so sorry you and Meg have been put in this situation.

That said, I do think you've made a good decision to stop at this point. If they won't listen to reason, then why plead any longer? Even though it breaks your heart, they do control access to her and can do what they want.

I feel so sad for poor little Meg. All the people involved understand what's going on, but bless her little heart, she can't. :cry: :cry:

They deserve a big kick where it would hurt the most! :evil: