Dogomania

crossing fingers and toes

courtnek

This is the Foxhound I want - if he gets along with Freebee that is - called and left a voicemail for the foster parents - isnt he gorgeous????

[img]http://www.helpinganimals.org/OUTSIDE_ADS/pirate.jpg[/img]

he's been raied with other dogs, mostly foxhounds, so I want to check and see what his dominance level is (Freebee wont allow a dominant dog, she's just such a, well, bitch.....no pun intended

he looks like he needs a big hug and a kiss.......he needs some tlc. very very cute dog. how big is he ? i have a customer that used to have a foxhound and was absolutely thrilled with her, always talked about how wonderful she was. GOOD LUCK! let us know what happens!

The foster mom called last night, mostly to check me out - wanted to know if I had a yard, how big, did I realize this dog was raised in a pack environment, would I be willing to come home and let him out, did I realize that they roam and I need to watch the doors???

I just busted out laughing!! I have to guard the doors so Freebee cant escape, I am used to coming home to let the dog out when necessary,
yes, I have a yard, yes, Freebee escapes whenever possible, even though she has been trained (repeatedly!!!) for recall....I told her when the
pizza guy comes I put up baby gates to keep Freebee away from the doors...she asked, why, will she bite? and I answered "only the pizza....."

By the end of the conversation we were both laughing - she sounded kind of hesitant at first, there are alot of things about this dog some people
would not like, but he doesnt sound any different from my already irritating escapist, thief and yard-ruiner, so we're going to meet sometime this weekend. She kept stressing that "he's not good on a leash" but neither was Freebee - a no pull harness and a firm hand took care of that.
I think we'll be ok, if she likes him....he looks so sad in that picture...

OH he looks such a sweetie, and in need of a loving home, poor little boy. I really, really hope the meeting goes well and Freebie excepts him. I will be thinkng of you and keeping all finger, toes, paws and tails crossed for you.
Please give us an update as soon as possible XXX

y'know, I'm starting to think the shelters are against me...Pirate was adopted by somebody else - first come first served, I guess, but I can only get there on the weekends...

SO..I am now hoping for this guy...

[img]http://www.animalhouseshelter.com/images/thumbs/8863466.jpg[/img]
he's a 6 mnth old Shepherd Mix, his name is Bear, and I just think Freebee would like him...I have been emailing the lady and begging that she not adopt him out til this weekend when I can come see him...

She still has to approve my application...

this shouldnt be so difficult....

wish me luck!!

:D