Dogomania

Dog combos you wouldn't want to see

Kiger

Expanding on the Shiba/Frenchie cross, what other dog combos would you not want to see?
I say Mexican Hairless x Newfie - a hairless dog with webbed feet that drools. I think my mythical "Shiboodles" would be ugly as sin too - that's my hypo-allergenic dog that blows coat twice a year. :lol:

OMD you just made me spray my monitor with mountain dew Rosebud! A puli and its hippie owners won the dog/owner lookalike contest this past weekend at the humane society dogwalk.

Weird dog crosses,hmmmm let's see. A friend of mine used to have a lab/dachshund mix. Spud looked like a lab until he stood up and was only a couple inches taller.

How about a German Shepherd/Dalmatian cross?

LOL@Hillside!!!

A GSD and a dalmation? If it took the GSD coloring it would look like a quilt!! That was quite a visual - LOL

How about a long-haired dachsund and a pekignese? You could attach a pole to it's collar and use it as a dust mop....

:D

:D

[quote]I think a puli cross whippet would be cute
Then again I am a dog on stilts lover
(and a crossbreed lover too - rescue crossbreed of course) [/quote]

Don't get me wrong Lisa, I absolutely love the breeds with that body structure, ie: that's why I have an IG. and I also think Puli's are cute, but the short hair and long legs of the Whippet and the long ropey hair and short stocky build of the Puli would not be very compatible, in other words it would not look like a Komodor.

:angel:

i saw a gorgeous dog this weekend, it was very big and was they think, a swiss mountain dog crossed with something aussie. he was the size of a largish dobie with lab length fur and his markings looked very swiss mntn except he had this large dark area that covered most of his back that was blue and black merle ( i think that's the right word :) ). he was very very nice looking.

what do you all think a english mastiff/weimeraner would look like? not that i'd do it on purpose but i was wondering about it the other day........

• 1 year later...
Guest Anonymous

Okay this little girl is just ADORIBLE I think! :angel:

[url]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/k9z.uk/members-dogs/daisy.html[/url]

I know the worst mix because I had to deal with the beast! :lol: ....Lab X Great Dane, nothing too funky but OMG this one was young, was wild and crazy like a Lab and was the size of a Dane! Stupidest mix ever, I couldn't even walk him because I couldn't hold on!

How about a Terrier/Poodle and possibly Chow (depending on if you believe the theory about a black speckled tongue) mix? I was just browsing through some old photos and came across this picture. This was one of my first fosters. She's a medium sized dog and is the absolute GREATEST dog in regard to temperament and socialization. This girl loves EVERYONE. Isn't she adorable??
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XgDlAkgevsn0gLIJHXNt*77XPb1J371nCRYCL9ooVKq0KK2FwBAl9In2ofiEKmMKqcWf7BsObCI!TfhN3tHMb8UInnXp9jNLuZzgCSwLFulxoagmBfQx0H!MYdQ3mN!jLRy0h7eTHI4/Brandiface.JPG?dc=4675455330875725275[/img]

Oh, and here's Buster! He's a Collie/Shepherd mix and another of my earlier placements. This boy weighs close to 120 lbs. Who says I don't like big dogs? :P

Not great photos, but here he is.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0bAClAoEiXn8SIwnvccoAWj9BVAz13AmctQYfP4n9vPqHBKIMSDcwPhW7cInNJhEicTeA3ndE!FQ84p5c9a5S6N7fanEFn8zZ0V03OpsB1MlNKlYkK1*M7g9wqxj4ALICwnO9ForXNmFqxUOdPNIM7KEEuPgE68zG/Buster%20inside%20down10.JPG?dc=4675476199360991716[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WgAXA94cCEcSIwnvccoAWvb!XkmsKeOqFyuESC6KhvD5vWeuBdtwsWJizlQ7A5jx64qYJdzfzXyyalatsmNUZzrMAtRkIU*6qb4UrgL5BEqOClNWF8a0uglw80yVBCHDSt6ahcMv3NQ/Buster.JPG?dc=4675476199365690728[/img]

Oh JOY! I forgot that, despite my promises :oops: , I never posted a photo of Fifty (who is doing great in his new home, by the way). Fifty is a Cocker/Poodle mix. I never attach "cute" names to my fosters like Cock-a-poo, so we just called him a Poodle mix. I want people to want the DOG, not a designer BREED. Anyway, in keeping with the topic of this thread, he is a mixed breed. OMG, I can't believe that in all this time, I've forgotten to post a Fifty photo. :oops:
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0aQCtAhIiI0FKHhZO!aDTcPPpvi0JWVavbBTpKuyfOS4V11dGSQKGxbqfzK7n3zDCrOcjZJAo1ODv0NYeRcxvVpIIidtw1sA2s5WUWroDUQ7ATALZU3zdXT4bTLzskrn0QfRNRz8Mh8BBkYzcF4kuQ!6XYkJ9ddGH/Fifty%20yogurt%20face.jpg?dc=4675472236199348491[/img]