Dogomania

I WANT this dog!!!!

[img]http://www.1-800-save-a-pet.com/shelter/picture-serve.tclb?animal_id=84824&smallheight=1[/img][/img]

He's at a shelter near here - they say he's good with dogs so I am HOPING that I can get him vefore he's gone, but I wont be able to see him til this weekend......I emailed them and asked if I could bring Freebee
to meet him....

wish me luck!

geez leave it to me to leave out all the details...

he's 3 years old, lab/shepherd mix, male, neutered, supposedly good with other dogs, his name is Karma, which makes me think this may be a good thing. I wasnt able to save Alex, so maybe this is my "Karma"....

there was just something about him that made me jump up and say
"I WANT this dog!!"

I dont want to get too excited in case it doesnt work out....

:o

[color=orange][size=7][b]GOOD LUCK COURTNEK![/b][/size][/color] :D :D :D

When you see a dog, and sudden;y jump up and say you want it, then I'm sure it's the dog for you... :D

When I saw Rowie's ad, I freaked! :o :lol: I knew she was the dog for me! And then, 2 weeks later :D :D :D

cant update until Saturday - that's when I want to go look at him. I didnt get an answer back yet to my emails, but he's still on the site so I hope
they keep it updated current.

I just hope Freebee likes him - that's the important thing. I'd take him in a heartbeat otherwise.

:)

:(

Well, it didnt work out. I see a pattern forming here. The shelter told me he was good with "some" dogs, (even tho on the website it was checked off "Y" for good with dogs)and Freebee wasnt one of them.

Freebee is a dominant animal, since until Alex the only other pet here was the cat, and so she wants to retain the dominant lead in any pack. However, Karma was also very dominant and neither would back down, so it was a no-go. Alex allowed her to be the lead, and so they settled in nicely. I need to find a dog willing to be subservient to her, that's I think what the issue is. I wonder if another female would be better? Though I have heard of female agression in dogs before, so I dont know....

Any suggestions?

thanks

[img]http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/IL93.1577506.jpg[/img]

Theo is a 1 year old (65 lbs) Yellow Lab/Rottweiler mix male. He still acts like a pup when he gets excited, but he's also very good at being calm with his human friends and being a great companion (typical behavior for both of the breeds he's mixed with). He's good with other dogs, but it seems that female dogs are especially susceptible to his charms, so that even the most dominant females fall under his charismatic spell (just ask Marielle and Silbey)!

I called - they're not open so will try again tomorrow. What a nice Mother's Day gift that would be!!

I've been emailing back and forth with the lady at the shelter. Their rules are that at least two visits are required, and all family member must be involved, which presented a problem. My son broke both the lower bones in his leg in an accident, and he has to walk on crutches and cant get around real well. The shelters an hour from here, and the long car ride
is very painful for him. So at first I thought this would be a no-go as well,
but the lady said that we could do an initial meet with me and Freebee, and that she could make arrangements to bring Theo here to meet my son and the ill-tempered cat. The cat's not going to like him, I know that already, but I am mostly concerned with how he reacts to the cat. If he's ok with him, then we're on. I may take the cat to meet him in his carrier
with Freebee, since I wouldnt let them meet outside the carrier anyway. Safer for the cat that way (and Theo, PushyCat can be very nasty when he's upset....) I had to seperate him and Alex at first and let them meet thru a baby gate. Alex had no experience with cats, and just wanted to sniff and learn, but PushyCat would just run for it....and hiss.....and spit.....
The person who invented baby gates should be given an award. I still have the ones I used when Kyle was a baby, and now I use them for every containment need, including putting up in the window during the summer so the dogs wouldnt leap out the screen at the mailman....

So I am hoping that Sunday I can go meet Theo and hoping that all goes well. If he can charm Freebee, he can charm any dog....

I'm not crazy about his name, maybe I'll rename him Karma, cuz I really liked that name....

:D

[i][color=darkred]LOL I never got to choose my dogs, they chose me :D except for Patch...he didn't have a choice as he was abandoned at 6 months old :x He is 14 years old now.
I clipped him on Monday..he looks so cute!

Courtnek GOOD LUCK [/color] [/i]:D