Dogomania

Competeing with a Rottweiler!

Rottiegirl

Welcome!

I have a:
14 month old Border Collie, male, Kavik
7 month old GSD/Malamute cross, male, Tyr
3 1/2 month old black Labradour/something cross, male Zaphod

We are currently doing obedience only but hope to do agility with Kavik, pulling with Tyr and something with Zaphod. We also, in the summer, show other canoeists how to paddle, keep the dog out of his food pack, take a picture, hold the dog still between your knees in the bow and swat mosquitoes ALL without an unscheduled swimming trip . . . YET :lol:

Hiya Kara. WELCOME :n00b:

I am owned by a 3 year old Bullmastiff, Charlie, (hes in the pic too your left below my name).....not much difference in size to the handsome Rottweiler :wink:

Also owned by a 6 year old Border Collie/Springer Spaniel mix, Penny, and a Westie mix, Patch age 14 years....plus 3 cats.

Hi Kara and welcome! :D

I have two Dobermans and we do agility, obedience, conformation, tracking and therapy dog visits. We've also tried herding and if I had more time I'd like to get into it. :)

I know quite a few folks with Rotties and some do everything we do and also do carting and weight pulling. If you opt to try agility have your dog's hips and elbows x-rayed first to determine if her structure can stand the physical demands of agility. Also keep her on the lean side for agility. Rottties can do very well at agility but their natural build makes the repeated jumping more of an effort for them than dogs with a lighter frame.

Hey Rottiegirl!

How old is your Rottie? Have you thought about competing in agility or obedience? They're both a lot of fun!

Sherman, my Rottie, and I currently train and compete in agility. Well, not as much as we used to, but now that I'm not working full time we hope to get back in the swing of things. At least I do. Sherman enjoys just being a couch potato. :)

Rachel

Welcome Kara!

I belong to two Lab mixes (the ones in the Avatar)

Goldenboy is Alex
Jetblack is Freebee.

I also have a 14 to 15 year old cantankerous short haird cat called Pushycat.

My dogs currently do obedience (tho not well! :o ) and a little bit of personal therapy for a child across the street with emotional problems.
They're the only thing she responds to well.

Welcome aboard! I believe you'll like it here!

:D