Dogomania

Galileo chews... created by an angry woman?

Horsefeathers!

Has anyone seen these? Do a search (assuming I'm spelling it right... I dunno) for Galileo chews or toys for dogs. Observe their rather, err, peculiar shape. I'm wondering if they were perhaps designed by one very p*ssed off woman? We have one here that my gang inherited from Rocco and it is the most coveted of toys in our house. My husband says it is disturbing to watch them gnaw on this thing with such enthusiasm. Does anyone know if there is a story behind these? Seriously, I'm just wondering if there's a reason for the, uh, odd design. Is it supposed to be easier to grasp or something? :o

You should have seen my poor husband's face the first time he saw this thing laying on the floor with a dog firmly attached to it. It was kind of like he wanted to ask what it was and where it came from, but he wasn't sure he wanted to know. I think he thought I had a secret life. :o

If I'd been thinking fast, I'd have picked it up all in a tizzy and muttered something about "d*mn dogs..." while tucking into a drawer. I don't think he would have even had the nerve to ask. :P

[quote name='Bubblezzz']I've heard stories of dogs chipping their teeth on the Galileo chew. :o HorseFeathers, nothing like that happening with yours right? Mine is still kept away in Cosmic's toy box. :roll: Hmm... maybe it belongs in MY toy box instead... :lol:[/quote]

*gasp* :o

So far, I haven't seen any chipped teeth and they really give it a good workout. I never would have thought to buy one, but it came in Rocco's goody package when we adopted him. Now that he's gone, the rest are virtually fighting over it. This one is the jumbo super huge sized one and my little dogs can't even carry it. They can darn sure drag it around, though, which looks REALLY peculiar. I think I'll be putting it away if we ever have guests. It's just what I need for my dogs to be mauling on when the inlaws come for a visit. :oops:

I still think this thing had to be designed by one very angry woman. :o

lol ok thats certainly an interesting one... :lol: Though mind you in an obedience comp we had a judge with a rather witty sense of humour. For the retrieve article she put a red disc inside a condom :o unfortunately my dog was the only one who had a good retrieve so I got ribbed that Meg was used to picking them up whereas the other mutts were iffy about it. :lol:

I have had one of these for months and never did I think of these things. Now that you mention it I see the resemblance. My husband didn't say anything.

It is the most coveted chew in our house as well. With 3 little dogs, that have big dog teeth it is a most valuable chew to us. Its lasted longer than any other toy we've owned.

I think you all just need to get your mind out of the gutter :wink: :lol:

these used to be a favorite in our house too until our trip to the doggie dentist! gaia used to chew the heck out of hers and her daddy would call her a "man-hater!" apparently they are designed using some of galileo's drawings and ideas. the insert in more detailed but i found this quote online . . .

"The bone shape was developed using the principles and examples of Galileo Galilei Linceo, one of the world’s greatest mathematicians and physicists. Based upon his principles in the science called “Strength of Materials”, the Nylabone Company designed the world’s strongest dog chew."

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']You should have seen my poor husband's face the first time he saw this thing laying on the floor with a dog firmly attached to it. It was kind of like he wanted to ask what it was and where it came from, but he wasn't sure he wanted to know. I think he thought I had a secret life. :o

If I'd been thinking fast, I'd have picked it up all in a tizzy and muttered something about "d*mn dogs..." while tucking into a drawer. I don't think he would have even had the nerve to ask. :P[/quote]

OMG your killing me!!![img]http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Funny%20Above.gif[/img]