Dogomania

WOO HOO!! They didnt adopt her out!!

courtnek

I called the foster home on Laurel - I couldnt go see her last weekend
and I was afraid they would adopt her out - THEY HELD HER FOR ME!!

Monday, I go meet her with Freebee!!! Holding my breath and hoping...

[img]http://www.helpinganimals.org/ADOPTIONS/laurel.jpg[/img]

Guest Anonymous

WOOHOO!! YA!!! b ut i have been so busy and havent been able to get on in a few so who is this little girl? what kind of dog? pictures pleawsE!!!

[quote name='courtnek'][quote]I thought you weren't going to tell us anything until you got your new pooch?[/quote]

yea. maybe I shoulda just SHUT UP.....

but I love you guys, and want to share....

Good luck to ME MOnday!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Hmmm, I think you only got her because I didn't say good luck. Way to go me! ( See the other thread for a follow up.)

I ENTIRELY DISAGREE!! :lol: :lol:

I think I got her because God wanted me to have her. She was not likely to be adopted out to anyone else, with her age and she does have some issues, small ones, but issues none the less.

I think I got her because I will give her a good home for her remaining years, and that's what she really needs. People want "perfect dogs". she isnt. She's shy, wary, older, and not beautiful....not beautiful by puppy
or young dog standards. She has been field trialed, and she has scars
to prove it. But something just said "take her!!!" so I did....

I am sad in a way, because I know I wont have her a long time.
(not like the time you have with a puppy) but she deserves a good home, and I intend to provide one.

Courtnek, you are truly an angel. :angel: How lucky can one dog be to have had the good fortune to of been picked by you (she picked you really). :lol:

Your post brought tears to my eyes, :cry: hope we are going to see some pics very soon. Maybe you won't have her a long time but just think of the love she'll receive and give you back, it will all be worth it in the end. :iloveyou: Love and happiness to you, Freebee and your new furbaby. :iloveyou: What is her name by the way? :roll:

Thanks, and I agree....I didnt want to adopt an older dog, because of the pain involved in losing them....but seeing her, and realizing that she might never be adopted, and the voice in my head (which wont EVER shut up on a moral issue) made me say "I'LL TAKE HER!!"

She has a few socialization issues - she did not appear to like me at all,
but apparently it takes them a while to warm up....The deciding factor was tne fact that Freebee got along with her....she is VERY good at picking out the good and the bad, in both dogs and people, and I trust her instincts....

So tomorrow I go get her, and we go from there. I have a lot of experience with "dogs with issues" (like I've said, I'm a sucker for a hard luck case)I think after the adjustment we'll all get along fine.

Thanks everyone - for your support and good wishes....this is not the dog I originally intended to get....I think she was chosen FOR ME....

Congratulations, Courtnek! I also wanted to wait until it was a done deal to say anything. I hate to jinx anybody!

You'll never regret for a moment taking in an old special needs pet. It's ironic that today (9-1-03) is the one year anniversary of the passing of a very special little old dog we had last year (the little Yorkie in my avatar). He was older than dirt and we only had him for a little over a year, but I would never trade the heartache over losing him and the experience of having known him for anything in the world. You're doing a great thing and in the end, YOU'LL benefit greatly from it!

well, she's here. Freebee is hyper as hell, and refuses to lie down, I think she's jealous....

Laurel wont eat anything yet, but that's not real surprising in a whole new situation. She checked out the yard without her lead a little while ago, and now she's laying calmly at my feet, while Freebee is pestering the hell out of me. She always was kinda hyper though....

Now Freebee has to lay at my feet as well - wouldnt do that before, now would she? Laurel is gonna take a while to settly in - she's already looking for ways to escape from the yard, but I think she just wants to go
"home"....poor thing. Such a shock to her. I hope she likes it here, and settles in soon....and PushyCat just came up to check out the situation....
and she completely ignored him. He seems to know she's harmless to him....

When I brought Alex home Pushy hid in the basement until they could be introduced thru a baby gate, so maybe this is a good sign....