Dogomania

stupid comments

Guest Anonymous

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='Taurus and Jada']Also, I love when people ask me if Jada is a pitbull ( I got that alot when she was a puppy ). When I would say no, they'd say ' Oh good, I wanted to make sure she wasn't going to bite me..." [/quote]

LOL... No, not a pit. Do you know what a Presa is?

Hey, I haven't heard from you in so long, either because you haven't been around, or the fact that I'm not here nearly as often as I used to be and only check 2 of the forums. Either way, I want to see how big Jada is getting! Probably overshadows Taurus by now, huh? :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hillside']I cannot stand untrained children. In my area, none of the restaurants have smoking sections, and I really think they should have kid and no kid sections. The last thing I want to do when shelling out money on food is to have to deal with someone else's child coming up and asking me a zillion questions. IE "What are you eating? Can I have some?" etc etc, when their parents are sitting ACROSS the restaurant assuming that everyone is overjoyed to have thier little monster trying to sit on their lap and eat their food.

I know I am going to have a ton of kids running up to pet my dog when I finally get him, and I am NOT looking forward to it.[/quote]

Uh I totally agree with you! I actually had some kids playing hide and seek while in a resturaunt and one of the kids hid under out table!!! AGH! Realy what are wrong with these parents?!

Ok on to dogs and kids. I have had a few bad experiences with kids running full speed at zebra then hugging him. This only seems to happen in petsmart for some reason :-? . The parents don't seem to mind that there child is hugging some strange dog. I think the best experience I had with a child and his mom was when I was in Petsmart w/ zebra and he was wearing his Gentle leader and like most people said some think it's a muzzle. Anyways this little boy about 6 years was in the same isle as I was w/ zeb he goes to his mom "hey look at that doggy!! Can I pet him!?" The mother looks over at me and smiles and tells her child "you better ask the lady if you can pet him, ok?" this little boy comes up to me and says "hi, your dog is pretty, can I pet him?" Of course I said yes and the kid was so gentle and zebra ended up laying down and rolling over so his belly could be pet. :lol: After the kid had pet zebra his mom came up to me and said "thank you" and smiled. I had no idea why she said thank you or anything but later my mom (who was also in the isle) said "I feel sorry for that kid." . I asked her why and she said "didn't you notice? the boy only had one arm."... :( I honestly didn't notice, I was too busy talking to the boy about zebra. That was the most polite child I have ever meet. :D

[quote]LOL... No, not a pit. Do you know what a Presa is?

Hey, I haven't heard from you in so long, either because you haven't been around, or the fact that I'm not here nearly as often as I used to be and only check 2 of the forums. Either way, I want to see how big Jada is getting! Probably overshadows Taurus by now, huh? [/quote]

Yes, Jada certainly has gotten much bigger then Taurus. Its funny because I used to think Taurus was a fair sized dog, but now next to her he seems to small. He can completly walk underneath her stomach... which is quite cute because when we first brought her home, she always walked under his !!! lol

She is 11 months old now. She weighs between 95-100 lbs, and is 26-27" tall. ( my dad calls her our little horsey...he he he) . She is still in her lanky teenager stage... her body just can't catch up to her legs. She has really started to develop more muscles even in the past month, so she doesn't look quite so skinny... she eats like a pig though :lol: :lol:

well here are some somewhat recent pictures of her. They were taken about 5 weeks ago in our back yard... as I said shes allready starting to fill out a bit, so she looks a bit bulkier now. I will try and take some more recent pictures tonight for ya! ( any chance to show my sweety off :P )

Jada then...

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0bwDZAn4jXepvd8*iHCXKl4HWgNST8HJw9EvEW00JCvg4GzTbuFmrkbAwT9nf1cQbRyXn3*NA2Wr8f!NpJY5TyM0SIY7YVBAtKqAkr*E97OCI6fCW9MwM0EoIeaIfzPxDFHXPlDZqaMCrlPaBWa3jmvMv4C*vC7Cs/playin%20in%20the%20sun.JPG?dc=4675468351336129849[/img]

Jada now... ( well 5 weeks ago..)

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0aAAjYzYh!*ERV7LOETNrukApSIrWl8I!1ThcyplbhvIDvExS5UL1W3v8BDpKDzgC0zwTEqimHqxcZRsbCFLg6LCUBdoQ0Prt4sDDVDdjKGHx28X8K0ZosCtEon*3c32gFGpUgNy5r*rPCSvL4CPObAAAAAAAAAAA/ohhh%20so%20cute.JPG?dc=4675474392438207788[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0cQChAiokpjCylcsRkHUchhqomSeFeHmJ!sbLlkFcFhiBIX9k8ZC*QomJuVP7qjZkJDOPdq2X!6*hJ7aL!a2uElpBsrKFO80V2jP9WF7ylOuEF5PTGTqaYIhZ9ejDDQM7mKEM26opSbVZ8NKYgxa4OeLATMeKPh36*RBmsH9hE!I/look%20mom%20Im%20smiling.JPG?dc=4675474000735408777[/img]

and in this one, you can really see how much taller she is then Taurus..

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0fQDZAs0nUOyylcsRkHUchrtnj*SjUgbZuJ4urfUnwjaQyUvTtTWZCpQ3Eh0XCt8KV6dx*yviVOgaPRmw1qxc1StPUXoI6UOrlDefbwoIYgbq05m0p*wWLNiZTbLyN137JtSgAywECS8WFB1cJZpeL1jXITkoXjSpN6ViE9JVnpgHpu44srJVWQ/look%20how%20much%20bigger%20she%20is.JPG?dc=4675474000732348215[/img]

I get all the usual comments and questions that most pit bull owners do, but I have to quote two responses from another pit bull owner that I read on another message board because I though they were hilarious. I don't remember the person's name, so I hope they don't get mad if they read it here.

Person: Is that a pit bull?
Him: Yes
Person: You don't fight it do you?
Him: I used to, but the last time I did he kicked my *ss, so I don't anymore.

Person: What a cute puppy (petting puppy) what kind of a dog is it?
Him: Pit bull
Person: Oh! I didn't realize they were such cute puppies, they're so ugly
when they're adults
Him: Yes. I bet you were a cute baby once too.

[quote]Person: Is that a pit bull?
Him: Yes
Person: You don't fight it do you?
Him: I used to, but the last time I did he kicked my *ss, so I don't anymore.

Person: What a cute puppy (petting puppy) what kind of a dog is it?
Him: Pit bull
Person: Oh! I didn't realize they were such cute puppies, they're so ugly
when they're adults
Him: Yes. I bet you were a cute baby once too.[/quote]

:turn-l: thats awesome... thanks for sharing, I will have to remember those ones... lol

I get all the typical ones for Dex: How much for your pit? Do you wanna breed him to my female? Do you fight him? Do you want to fight him? Where can I get one like him?
I get some really funny ones for Kira: Is that a bear ?!?!?!?!? LOL, I cant get over how many people have actually asked me this.
Is she on drugs? Is she on Prozac? (Kira does not get all excited to meet new people. She will let strangers pet her, but she doesnt get the wiggly butt and tail.)
Who would win in a fight between your dogs? :roll:

I don't know how any of you guys can stand people asking you if you "fight your dogs". It drives me mad when people ask me this about K. It happens very rarely, but when they do I basically take a spaz on them. I mean, it's awful that all they see pit bulls and big black dogs is as fighting machines. Sure, K fights me all the time...with lick-attack. She's like a Pokemon. :lol:

[quote name='drjeffrock']Is she on drugs? Is she on Prozac? (Kira does not get all excited to meet new people. She will let strangers pet her, but she doesnt get the wiggly butt and tail.)[/quote]

Thats how the chow/akita puppies I work with are. they dont like to be pet at all unless they know you. They are calm and dont get excited about anything but food. :lol:

[quote name='__crazy_canine__'][quote name='drjeffrock']Is she on drugs? Is she on Prozac? (Kira does not get all excited to meet new people. She will let strangers pet her, but she doesnt get the wiggly butt and tail.)[/quote]

Thats how the chow/akita puppies I work with are. they dont like to be pet at all unless they know you. They are calm and dont get excited about anything but food. :lol:[/quote]
Hahahaha. Kira has no problem with people petting her, especially men. She is really a flirt. She does get excited about food though. Sometimes she will let out a little AROOOO or yodel to express her excitement.

[quote]Many years ago, in Petsmart, a tiny little boy came up to Jesse, I swear I just turned my head for a second, and wrapped his arms around Jesse's neck. The boy was not even as tall as Jesse. The boy's father was about 15 feet away running his mouth.[/quote]

This happens to Buck a lot. He is wonderful with kids though. He just stands there waiting for them to detach themselves :-)

A few days ago a little boy was hugging Buck and I couldn't get him to let go. He didn't speak English and I couldn't find his mom! :roll: