Dogomania

Actually, I'm not a troll...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

and maybe people got the wrong message. i love dogs and animals and do not like the [b]acts[/b] that mistreats animals.

but the truth is, animals are so abundant that not all of them can be cared for and loved. a lot of dogs probably die in a foreign country. there is nothing you can do. and there is just too many dogs.

its ok if u try, but what im saying is it is taking it too far when u would have a human die than an animal. a dog farmer or others that mistreats dogs have a mindset that dogs are objects.

you people see a stereotypical person as the antichrist or something. some people just do not like animals. if a person yells at you about ur dog, understand that they do not have the same kind of love u have for your pet and that he or she is frightened of getting hurt. yes, i know a properly trained dog does not attack a stranger, but some do. and maybe the person got bit when he was a child.

and about the chicken comment, it was an example to back up my point. and there are some who said some stupid shit in my last topic, but i really dont want to waste the time arguing over some points that were made. (some real stupid ones.)

but some comments made i will respond to. no it is not your business just because they're breaking the law. in that case, are you going around to everyone's house making sure they're not doing drugs, stealing...etc.?

don't really remember the rest...

but like ive said, if u hate a puppy farmer that much to let him die, thats taking it too far. no matter how many sins he committed, it is not ok to kill a person. your dog maybe important to you, but the person dying is more important to his family and friends. nobody deserves to die.

i mean, i had a dog, and i want another one, but if my old dog was dying, and a person i hate, i would save the person. dogs die in a short period, and since dogs are more complex than cows, the deserve to live, since humans have more complex emotions than dogs, they deserve to live.

and the next time a person is scared of your pit bull, dont make a topic about it so you can start talking shit to him with other people. try to understand their point of view.

[quote]but the truth is, animals are so abundant that not all of them can be cared for and loved. a lot of dogs probably die in a foreign country. there is nothing you can do. and there is just too many dogs. [/quote]

Maybe not, but we [b]can [/b]care for our dogs to the best of our ability and if we like to talk about that here then that is our prerogative.

[quote]its ok if u try, but what im saying is it is taking it too far when u would have a human die than an animal. a dog farmer or others that mistreats dogs have a mindset that dogs are objects. [/quote]

In the year or so that I have been a member at Dogo I have never seen anyone say they would have a human die over an animal. Well that is until you bought it up yesterday and I think everyone was just being facetious. It's a silly point to argue anyway - how many of us are ever going to be in an instance where we have the choice to save either a puppy farmer or a dog - I would say none of us so it's a stupid thing to even discuss.

[quote]you people see a stereotypical person as the antichrist or something. some people just do not like animals. if a person yells at you about ur dog, understand that they do not have the same kind of love u have for your pet and that he or she is frightened of getting hurt. yes, i know a properly trained dog does not attack a stranger, but some do. and maybe the person got bit when he was a child[/quote]

I have no problem with people who don't like dogs. However I do have a very big problem with rude people. If I am walking my dog down the street minding my own business and obeying all laws then no one has any right to be rude to me about my dog. If they are scared that is fair enough they can take a wide berth and stay at a "safe" distance. There is no need for any abuse or rude comments to take place.

[quote]and about the chicken comment, it was an example to back up my point. and there are some who said some stupid sh*t in my last topic, but i really dont want to waste the time arguing over some points that were made. (some real stupid ones.) [/quote] You asked why are we so worried about dog abuse but not chicken abuse. We never said that we weren't concered with chicken abuse but as this is a dog forum it kind of makes sense that we would be more likely to talk about dogs.

[quote]but like ive said, if u hate a puppy farmer that much to let him die, thats taking it too far. no matter how many sins he committed, it is not ok to kill a person. your dog maybe important to you, but the person dying is more important to his family and friends. nobody deserves to die[/quote].

WTF!!!!! No one here as ever said anything about killing anyone. You really are just getting silly now.

[quote]and the next time a person is scared of your pit bull, dont make a topic about it so you can start talking sh*t to him with other people. try to understand their point of view. [/quote]

As stated before this is a dog forum and we are all here to discuss all aspects of dog ownership. If somone does something to upset one of us in relation to our dogs then it is only natural to want to share it and get it off our chest with other like minded people. However I don't think anyone has ever said anything negative about a person who has shown a genuine fear of their dog - most of the posts along those lines are becuase a total stranger has been extremely rude for no valid reason.

I noticed that you left out everything I said, so I'll say it all again. I dont think anyone here would actually let someone die, to save an animal...but we are people, and we vent, when angry, against other people who harm animals. This is a DOG FORUM...we love our animals, yes. We take as best care of them as we can, being as we understand that WE bred them to do our will, and that deserves love, care, respect and DECENT treatment in return...If you really read the posts. you would understand that there is a
vendetta going on against Pit Bulls, against Rotts, against Dobies, BECAUSE THE MEDIA SAYS THERE SHOULD BE. Yes, badly bred and int he wrong hands, these dogs can be trouble. Our mission has always been to teach, to make people see, and learn. And yes, like every one else, we become frustrated when all of our good works are spoiled by ONE IDIOT OWNER who's dog hurts a child....and by the media who believes that because SOME dogs are bad, ALL DOGS OF THAT BREED ARE BAD...I dont see them saying ALL Black. Oriental. Hindu, Moslem, Mexicans and White Trash are BAD. That would be politically incorrect. Yet ALL Put Bulls are bad, because some, ill trained, ill bred and ill treated have caused harm? Yes, we need to protect people too, but God (and if you dont believe in God, I really dont care....I DO) gave us the job of being "master over all creatures on Earth"...Master does not mean cruelty, abuse and neglect. It means we treat our creatures witht he respect they deserve.
God gave us dogs, to lead us, to help us, to guide us. Why else, in the grand scheme of things, would dogs be the ones chosen to lead the blind, help the deaf, open the cabinets and answer the door? Why would he put a creature here who would dedicate his entire life to being OUR COMPANION?

Unless, in his wisdom, he designed this animal to be our friend, our companion, our helper, and our protector? Why allow wolves to join us at all, if not for a purpose more than we are currently aware of?

Yes, we domesticated them. However, they CHOSE to be domesticated. It's a two way street. you do for me, I'll do for you...

If they didnt want to live with us, grace us with their presence, love us and serve and protect us, why did they JOIN us in the first place?
and THAT'S documented....they could have left as soon as they were fed. They CHOSE to stay...

Buddy you are barking up the wrong tree here...
Why are you here? Not for the intended purpous of this forum. You are here to ARGUE. YES you are a TROLL.

[quote name='Anonymous']and about the chicken comment, it was an example to back up my point. and there are some who said some stupid sh*t in my last topic, but i really dont want to waste the time arguing over some points that were made. (some real stupid ones.)[/quote]

And you of all people have all the right in the world to judge, don't you? I forgot what you say and how you feel rules over all right? Coming from you your rediculous OPINION, doesn't mean squat.

[quote]but the truth is, animals are so abundant that not all of them can be cared for and loved. a lot of dogs probably die in a foreign country. there is nothing you can do. and there is just too many dogs.[/quote]

So there you go guys...ignore the problem. That will make things better. :roll: I'm sure you will go far in life. You sound like a real high achiever. A real go getter.

Don't TRY to put the puppy farmer out of business to help the overpopulation problem which is primarily due to these irresponsible jerks. Don't turn the guy in to get him possibly put out of business. That would just be mean and wrong in this guys warped mind.

[quote]but like ive said, if u hate a puppy farmer that much to let him die, thats taking it too far. no matter how many sins he committed, it is not ok to kill a person. your dog maybe important to you, but the person dying is more important to his family and friends. nobody deserves to die.[/quote]

You are for just one time right there. [b]NO [u]BODY[/u][/b] including my dog deserves to die. My dog [b]never[/b] hurt or would consider hurting ANYONE. My dog is loyal and loving. The puppy farmer however reaks nothing but irresponsiblity, and lack of care for life compassion, love or law. He knows he breaks the law, he knows the suffering he puts life through, he knows that he contributes nothing to society but overpopulation of pets and yet shrugs it off and lets this continue. Screw him. In my mind it's all Karma. You get what's coming to you.

Would I expect his family to save my dog...or heck even my family, yeah right. :roll: They are completely self absorbed people out solely for personal gain and nothing else. They care nothing about others.

Would I save my dog over my cousin, uncle or neighbor...no. I however owe nothing to the puppy farmer who has no care in the world for life aside from their own.

Please leave, you are not contributing to a damn thing here. This is not the purpous of this site. THIS ARGUMENT WILL GO NO WHERE no matter how much you continue. Find another hobby and leave our "coincidentally" compromised site since you came about.

Guest Anonymous

Hey KP, remember this.... :lol: ?
[img]http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v62/Lokipup/Dog%20pics/troll.jpg[/img]
Really, the moderator is right, a million forums out there, find yours and be happy.

And that is what makes you a wonderful person Dog lover. You and everyone else here who has the balls to stand up to someone doing illegal or immoral things.

Guest it's not our fault you don't have the guts, balls or brains to know right for wrong and act upon it. Deal with your own cowardistic insecurities elsewhere. Don't scrutinize those here for having good morals and doing what is right. Legally and emotionally.

It's not like these people are stealing a candy bar or changing lanes in an intersection. Gimme a friggin break! It is truely a sad sad sick day to see someone have such complete total disregard for life. Kinda makes you wonder what this person is really into since they take such offense at the fact that we do not see our dogs as disposable doormat servants who don't just let people do as they wish to them.

[quote]but the truth is, animals are so abundant that not all of them can be cared for and loved. a lot of dogs probably die in a foreign country. there is nothing you can do. and there is just too many dogs.[/quote]

yes, there [b]is[/b] something you can do: work as hard as you can in [b]your[/b] little corner of the world to change the attitudes of people and to educate about humane treatment of animals. if one or three or ten people start to work towards such a goal in their community, it can make a difference, and if 10,000 or 100,000 or more people start thinking and acting that way, you can bet your behind things are going to change.

[quote]its ok if u try, but what im saying is it is taking it too far when u would have a human die than an animal. a dog farmer or others that mistreats dogs have a mindset that dogs are objects.[/quote]

err, why is that "taking it too far"? i wouldn't waste a second thought about saving my own animals who have shown me nothing but honesty, love and affection rather than a person i don't know. i know it's kind of sad, but look at what human society has developed into. also, people tend to repay you ill for good deeds, where i have never seen such a thing from any animal. i've read a news article about some silly woman suing a doctor for saving her life by performing a lifesaving procedure with a steak knife - because it left a scar behind. i've read a news article about a man who sued the owner of the house his son broke into because his son got shot dead. excuse me, but what the fuck? i should give a rats ass about people like that? let alone a "dog farmer" as you call it, who makes a profit from subjecting animals to unmentionable suffering?

i don't give a hoot about what kind of "mindset" those people have, it's wrong and they need to [b]change[/b].

[quote]you people see a stereotypical person as the antichrist or something. some people just do not like animals.[/quote]
this has nothing to do with antichrist or anything. if people do not like animals, they are free to avoid any sort of contact with them, but there is absolutely no reason and [b]no excuse[/b] to be rude about it.

[quote] if a person yells at you about ur dog, understand that they do not have the same kind of love u have for your pet and that he or she is frightened of getting hurt. yes, i know a properly trained dog does not attack a stranger, but some do. and maybe the person got bit when he was a child.[/quote]

that still doesn't excuse any sort of rudeness. i don't particularly like kids, but i don't yell at people at the mall or at a restaurant to make their darn brats shut up instead of screaming at the top of their lungs either. this all boils down to being courteous, polite and respectful, or are those words you don't even understand?

[quote]but like ive said, if u hate a puppy farmer that much to let him die, thats taking it too far. no matter how many sins he committed, it is not ok to kill a person. your dog maybe important to you, but the person dying is more important to his family and friends. nobody deserves to die.[/quote]

nobody deserves to die, neither dogs nor people. and i wouldn't call choosing my dog/pet over some person i don't even know "killing somebody". yes, my dog is important to me, and pursuing your example of a "puppy farmer", i would say it would be poetic justice to see him die rather than a member of the species he has exploited in cold blood for profits.

[quote]i mean, i had a dog, and i want another one, but if my old dog was dying, and a person i hate, i would save the person. dogs die in a short period, and since dogs are more complex than cows, the deserve to live, since humans have more complex emotions than dogs, they deserve to live.[/quote]

that may be [b]your[/b] point of view on the topic, but that doesn't make anyone who thinks differently than you "wrong". and pushing your opinion on everyone else is nothing short of rude.

[quote]and the next time a person is scared of your pit bull, dont make a topic about it so you can start talking sh*t to him with other people. try to understand their point of view.[/quote]

i don't own a pitbull, but i still feel qualified to answer. this is a [b]dog forum[/b] (see, the word "dog"? d-o-g, also known as canis familiaris), so why would people [b]not[/b] vent about the issues they have? do you also spend your free time going to car forums preaching to drivers griping about pedestrians or bicyclists? or going to golf forums trolling people who are complaining about mole infestations on their favorite golf course?

i am a very reasonable person and generally not rude to people, but you better understand that as soon as someone starts smack talking or yelling at me, they will have an equal dose of their own crap coming their way.

[quote name='TDG'] i don't own a pitbull, but i still feel qualified to answer. this is a [b]dog forum[/b] (see, the word "dog"? d-o-g, also known as canis familiaris), so why would people [b]not[/b] vent about the issues they have? do you also spend your free time going to car forums preaching to drivers griping about pedestrians or bicyclists? or going to golf forums trolling people who are complaining about mole infestations on their favorite golf course?
[/quote]

See I wouldn't be suprised to see these things vented on those types of forums. They can be irritating things to deal with having to do with those subjects. My dad is an avid golfer and complainer ( :lol: ) so I can see this happening.

To me this is more like going to a New Jersey state law discussion forum and complaining that *they* are stupid because *they* aren't discussing California state law.

Or going to car forums and getting all righteous because they aren't discussing roller coasters or choo choo trains.

[quote name='Anonymous']but the truth is, animals are so abundant that not all of them can be cared for and loved. a lot of dogs probably die in a foreign country. there is nothing you can do. and there is just too many dogs. [/quote]
Lucky us, the government is growing ever closer to stepping and taking over the responsibility of handling all these dog problems. Unfortunately, their ways of handling the problems are not what anyone wants to see. That's what happens when people brush off issues, choosing to believe they're not their problem.

[quote]but some comments made i will respond to. no it is not your business just because they're breaking the law. in that case, are you going around to everyone's house making sure they're not doing drugs, stealing...etc.? [/quote]
Some people might... some people might not. I sure hope that if my house was broken into and someone saw it happen, they would let the police or I know, if they chose not to, that would be fine, but I'd much rather know. I'd like to think that I'd do the same for someone else if I were put in a situation to do so. That doesn't mean I go out looking for people doing "wrongs". Turning a blind eye to something doesn't make it disappear (however much we wish so at times), and to do so when someone is harming another life, and allow such harm to continue to occur, is in effect, condoning it.

[quote]and the next time a person is scared of your pit bull, dont make a topic about it so you can start talking sh*t to him with other people. try to understand their point of view.[/quote]
The person I encountered may well have been afraid of my dog, but that was no reason for her to be rude and disrespectful. Her comments not only were insulting towards my dog (who really didn't care either way), but to myself, insinuating that I would endanger children (including two relatives that I was there with) by my having such a dog present. I started that thread so I could gripe about a bad encounter I'd had with my dog.... just as you have started your thread so you could do the same about this forum. Why hello pot, I'm kettle :lol:

[quote]understand that they do not have the same kind of love u have for your pet and that he or she is frightened of getting hurt. yes, i know a properly trained dog does not attack a stranger, but some do. and maybe the person got bit when he was a child.
[/quote]

There is a difference between being afraid and being irrational. I'll admit that I am a little afraid of German Shepherds. My only experience with one was when I was little and the dog ran into our yard and bit my sister pretty badly. I was standing there and saw it happen. It was really scary. GSD don't seem to be that common here and I haven't met another one since that incident.

But I'm rational about it. I realize that there are tons of wonderful German Shepherds out there that would never hurt a fly. Just because my only experience with one was negative doesn't condemn an entire breed or species. I can't wait for the day when I do meet a friendly one so I can be over my fear.

The whole, "I got bit when I was a child" thing really bugs me. People say this as if to explain away their irrational behavior. I guess I don't understand how someone can let a bad experience cloud their judgement forever. I'm sorry if someone got bit years and years ago by a dog that is long dead. I don't see how their experience has anything to do with me as a dog owner.

Yeah, let's change the board name to Dogo-semi-mania, so we can give our dogs not all the attention we give them today, i did't realized they don't deserve it!... i'm being such a fool!... ok now i got to go to Disney.com to make my petition to include porn movies in their work!

see ya!

:roll:

Guest Anonymous

I agree with most of what everyone has said here in response to a very ill-attempted vent at trying to convince anyone to just ignore current problems associated with animals.

I do not, however, agree with anyone saying they would choose a animal (any animal) over a human being (no matter their faults). Whether they actually meant it or were just trying to get a point across.

This seems like an easy choice, seeing how you love your pet like a member of the family, as do I mine. But you have to look at that senario from a logical persepective. Yes, this "fictional" person was a puppy farmer. But even puppy farmer's have children, wives, family that could suffer irreversable damages from their death. They may not be doing things the right way to put food on their families table, but how good could you feel about yourself for letting a child go without, or causing a wife to lose everything(which happens alot when the Male provider suddenly disapears from the family circle...the remaining family is left owing and ultimately end up destitute). Sorry, I just couldn't feel good as a person for letting anyone die for any reason, even if they hurt or killed my son..I could not just "let" someone die if I could stop it.

Animals mean alot to me, but I do realize that human's are more important..no matter how scummy or sorry they might be. Letting someone die over your feelings makes you no better a person then they were. We have a court of law that punishes un-lawful people..we are not supposed to take it upon ourselves to play judge, jury, and/or executioner on an individual basis, that is no way different from people playing God.

I think everyone should just stop responding to this person, before your well meant reactions make you appear no more compassionate then you feel this Guest has been.

I don't think any of you would act in this way if "really" presented with the "fictitional" situation brought up here. I feel that each and everyone one of you were only trying to get a point across to this very untactful, ignorant person that found this board.

Guest, I don't uderstand why you came to a predominately Animal lover site and started useless BS. I guess I will never understand people like you. Isn't there enough hostility and anger in this world to go around? Why would you feel the need to bring/cause more?

You know Yahoo has chat rooms dedicated to this type crap, if arguing is what you crave. *shakes head in sadness*

:-? Jennie, I wholeheartedly agree with your post.
Why oh why do these people come on here ? If they don't like what we're all about, all they have to do is leave. :evilbat:
Why I have to be bothered with their bullsh*t is beyond me !! :x
It's just like T.V guest, if you don't like what's on the channel, change it or turn it off !! :wink:
This site is for DOG LOVERS :angel: and that is what we talk about. DUH !! :roll:

Guest Anonymous

SRC, your opinion is yours, but I whole heartedly know I would save the dog. I am NOT the biggest fan of the human species, they have way too many flaws, and if you seriously ask me I think we should become extinct, find me evil if you'd like but that's my opinion. To me it seems we kill everything in our path, including ourselves, while dogs will do anything to please us and don't understand what hate is. Only a mater of time before the next ice age though :evilbat: If we don't kill ourselves and everything else on this wonderful planet first :evil: :roll: :drinking:

JMHO, now I will leave this person alone seeing as their only here to fight, otherwise not being an animal lover they wouldn't be here.