Dogomania

CHRISTMAS!!wat's on ur list? got any plans?

Holz_Boomer

Guest Anonymous

I hate Xmas to tell you the truth. It's all rush rush, buy this and this, and they have stripped it raw of everything it's ever ment :evil:
And I don't really want anything... Jared's been racking his brain trying to find something for me :lol: Almost EVERYTHING he suggested I was like "okay!" and then the next day "maybe I'll get such and such for you for christmas" :lol: :roll: He suggested a puppy lol, but my parents would kill him :o
I love those stockings! Mines leopard print :lol:
My mommy went Xmas shopping in Calgary for a week, was supose to come home today but they roads were closed, she kept askin me what I want, and for the life of me I couldn't think of anything until today! :roll: And all that was was NEW JAMMIES! :lol:

My Mum is putting up our tree today much to the family's amusement, but she says she is busy any other sunday with working and going to the meatloaf concert (next week squueeeee)!

Christmas this year for me will be very different. It will be my first ever christmas away from home, as on Christmas eve I'm flying over to the Netherlands to spend Christmas and New year with Sander :D and his family! It will be magical flying in on that day, I just can't wait! As far as pressies goes I've asked for dosh, because i need nothing more and it helps fund wee trips across to see my honey. I always get more things like clothes and perfume etc; my parents are way too good to us 4 girlies!

As for Sander's pressie, I'm thinking of a DVD player, but I'm hopeless with technical things so have to drag my friend chris along with me :wink:

_oh, do i ever love christmas!! :D :D
we're celebrating a GREAT thing AND we get presents :wink: :P lol we ge to see familly, and i think it brings everyone closer..its like the ONLY time of year when i like to spend time with my familly!
it brings such christmas Cheer!! sitting by the fire, or decorating the tree, me and my sister's tradition with roasting oranges on the lightbulbs of tiny xmas tree made of glass (decoration) :P :P (lol dont ask :wink: :P )
after all, its the thought that counts,but the Presents are A Great Bonusss!!!!!! :D :D :D :evilbat: :evilbat:

[quote]I hate Xmas to tell you the truth. It's all rush rush, buy this and this, and they have stripped it raw of everything it's ever ment [/quote]
I agree with you Shara there is nothing I can think of that I want. I cannot get myself motivated to buy presents yet I only have 2 presents of Nicole. Nothing for anyone else. I will have to start soon

I'm a christian, and I still hate christmas. It's all about 'family' - or supposingly. Then you have to go buy your 30+ family things with WHAT money in this day and age? You never know what to buy anyone, and then you have to pretend to like all the presents you recieve. I HATE recieving presents, and I hate giving them.

I love Christmas.

Michael and I aren't really going to get each other presents this year. We really want a digital camera so are probably just going to buy one that that will be a joint present to ourselves.

We have also asked for a good set of knives and some camping stuff from our parents.

My younger sister has been in Spain for the past year and is getting back on Christmas Eve. I am looking forward to seeing her again. We tend to do the rounds on Christmas and sometimes feel we spend most of the time in the car :roll: . We are hoping to cut that down a bit this year but here is what our plans are.

I'll probably spend the day of Christmas Eve at my parents catching up with my sister. Then on Christmas Eve we are all going to Michael's parents place. On Christmas day rather than rushing out first thing like we normally do I think Michael and I will relax and spend some time at home together. Then for lunch we are going to his sisters place and then for dinner we will drive up the coast to one of my Auntie's houses to spend some time with my family.

Christmas is a fun time of year, holiday season is always mad fun for me anyway. One of my best friends usually comes down from Sydney (she's from Melbourne originally) and we have a massive New Year's party and just hang out. None of my family are religious but I did go to midnight mass a few years ago to see what all the fuss was about. (didn't see much, the cathedral was way too packed!) I like seeing my family all happy and I like eating lots of food and getting drunk and falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon, then waking up a few hours later to do it all again. This year lunch is at dad's, probably a barbeque, should be hot but with Melbourne weather who knows? (today is technically the first day of summer and I'm sitting here in a jumper, yesterday it was 35C- go figure.)
I have a little list but what I really want is a cd player and some decent speakers for my car.

Oh courtnek, what a wonderful Christmas present you received.....that truly brought tears to my eyes....*hands K a tissue, also*

Hubby and I aren't getting each other anything this year.......well, we actually got a vacuum cleaner the other day that we wanted so that is for the both of us. But, we are just concentrating on making sure we have things in order for when Tyler get's here....and it won't be long now! :D

I have alsways loved Christmas!!! I love Christmas eve...I usually get a few close friends to come over and we have really nice christmas drinks & decorate the tree...my favorite is a port to starboard...I'll dig out my recipe book and share this with every one...it is an alcoholic drink and you pour creame de menthe down one side of the glass into the vodka and lemon mixture I think...then the other side pour in grenadine which is red...these 2 liquors are heavy and make one side of the drink green the other red..great christmas drink! I will get the recipe for every one....I also make an alcohol based slushie drink in a punch bowl and we have spiced egg nog....makes for an interesting tree!
I find it is such a warm time..spending with friends and family. The next morning I go help my boss at the boarding kennel take care of all the boarders and pooper scoop...then I join my family at my mothers house.
All of my dogs come with me for X-mas dinner at my mothers as well...I am so glad I have well behaved dogs....and with 5 of them at that...and I still am able to take them every where with me. They get caught up in the excitment of Christmas as well...and I allow my Rottie to open her own gifts...my Newf's couldn't be bothered with opening gifts.

I like Christmas a lot but not as much when I was younger. My three younger brothers are easy to buy for. I got them some remote control cars. Everyone else in my family, Mom and Dad, a younger sister and an older brother are hard to buy for. Pets are very easy to buy for though! :D I want a pair of ice skates and gift certificates for pet stores. Then I can go spend more money on my babies! :lol:

I'm getting myself my own Christmas presents! New floors! I ripped up the carpet on two sets of stairs and on the upstairs foyer. The upstairs foyer and stairs has a hardwood floor, so I'm having that sanded and varnished (this Wednesday). On Thursday, I'm getting a new vinyl floor for my kitchen, and new berber carpet on the set of stairs going downstairs. I'm also hoping to get the wallpaper stripped in my kitchen and two bathrooms so that I can paint them before Christmas.

I'm having a pre-Christmas Christmas at my house. My sister and brother and their families are coming up from December 20 to 23. Jackie and Maya get to go to "doggie camp" for two days this week while the floors are getting done, and again from the 20th to the 23rd.

I think all I'll ask for are some CDs and DVDs (since I just got a DVD player). Jackie and Maya are asking Santa for anything edible. LOL

i love xmas...very religious and fun! :D
Courtnek-that is beautiful!
The "tradition"
do stuff near tree etc
roast oranges on light bulbs lol
familly fun
play in the snow (sometimes lol)
have aunt and grandparents over
go to midnight mass (Very FUn)
usually we get ONE present at night and its tradion..so its always PJ's..
more familly stuff
wait till Saint Nicholas arrives! :P :P lol jk :wink: :lol:

Thanks everybody...I should probably explain my post.

My dad was an abusive alcoholic...Christmas was just another day he could bitch, and hit, about something...

He didnt like Xmas..he never wanted to have people over, and my mom did. There would inevitably be a fight at the end of the day....

Usually mom would be hit, for having company, and then we would be hit, for defending mom..it was ugly....

So I hated Xmas, and all holidays...until the day my son was born...

then I decided that Christmas WOULD BE CELEBRATED..EVERY YEAR...
in celebration of Kyle's b-day and Christmas in general...

Guest Anonymous

well i wanted a camcorder.. and we went and bought it yesterday!! yay!! hehe ..

my plans... well..

Zoey is going to spend 2 weeks at her boyfreinds house ( our best freinds that live next door.. as she gets carsick AND we are already fighting with my mom about brining COdy, she wont let him in the house so we have to stay in hotel so he can go becuse i dont trust cody with anyone, and i'm affreaid if i left him that long, he'd make himself sick, or die bedcuase hes so dependant on me.. )

SO Justin, Cody and I are driving down to ARizona on the 21st and spending a week in phx and tucson with family, then heading to san deigo , CA for a week for newyears to spend with my aunt and uncle...
that's about it.. I'm so upset to leave zoey. but it's a lost cause we dont have enough room for a 85 pound rottie that gets sick and barks at noises, they'd kick us out of the hotel.. if only my mom would let cody stay at her house it would save us money!!
so my christmas wis is that my mom would let cody stay with us at her house.....

Oh Court my Christmasses were crap too until I had my own kids. :(

Even when I left home it was horrible,I remember one year my boyfriend and I had been over to Mums on the 23rd to see Lannie (she was about 5),I had bought her one of those Fisher Price tape players/recorders and my boyfriend (who was a DJ) had made her up a mix tape and we had bought her some blank tapes to mess about with.
Anyway we were sat at the table in the back room when my Stepdad comes home,I was ignored (used to that :( ) but I thought no more of it.
Anyway the next day (Christmas Eve) I phoned Mum and said could I please come for Christmas dinner the next day as I had nowhere to go,boyfriend was spending the day with his kids and I was only 17 and lived in a crappy old bedsit on my own.

Anyway she said "I don't think that would be a good idea"
I said "Why ?",
she said "because you've upset Keith (stepdad)"
I said "how ?" (I couldn't believe what I was hearing I hadn't even spoken to him,he came in drunk(as usual) and ignored me and went in another room.
She said " he wanted to spend some time with Lannie on her birthday and you and Steve were playing with her when he got home so he couldn't"

What complete bullsh!t ! he had been out all day at the pub,while Mum had struggled to give her a party with her friends.

I was a bit of a doormat in those days :roll: so I just kinda said ok then and left it.I was so upset though :( I could never treat one of my kids like that.

Anyway on a lighter note I suddenly found that Christmas with my own kids was magical in its own way and now I love it :)

Court & Ellie...sorry to hear about your rough times....what a shame...I'm sorry for you that these events happened.

As promised here is the recipe for a great X-mas drink..this is called Port to starboard...

build in a brandi snifter glass
-crushed ice, fill glass 2/3 full
-1 ounce light Rum
-2 ounce lemon juice
-2 ounc orange juice
-1/2 ounce grenedine...pour down one side of glass.
-1/2 ounce green creame de menthe down the other side of glass.
garnish with whole slice of pine apple, lemon, orange, cherry and serve with 2 small straws.
Enjoy! :wink:

Kat, sorry to hear of your bad experience with creame de menthe...guess this will not be a drink served on your X-mas eve festivaties... :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Zoe, that really sucks...
I think this Xmas is guna suck big time. I got in a HUUUGE fight with my mom, and she said she was never guna speak to me again, then told me I wasn't allowed to eat in my room because [b]I[/b] was being anitsocial! :WTF: :stupid:
Anna's not comming home, but Kat is, but she's such a spoiled brat, it's so much funner on Xmas with Anna, she's about 22 now and still acts like a 5 year old! :lol:

All I can say is...I HATED Xmas, and all Holidays, unitl Kyle as born....
then I realized that my dad wa a Psycho, and could no longer affect how I treated Christmas. MY SON WAS BORN THAT DAY!! and nothing would ever stop me from celebrating Christmas again...

Christmas's have been good, since then...

:D :D