Dogomania

CHRISTMAS!!wat's on ur list? got any plans?

Holz_Boomer

It's funny how the holidays mean so many different things to so many different people. For me, I usually think of my dad who isn't with us any more, and really become quite sad.... but there are good times too.

Hope you all have a wonderful and peaceful holiday!!

Here is a little something that I want... [url]www.passionfordogs.co.uk[/url]
the lab of course :wink:

We go to my Mom and Dad's for Christmas Eve, my brother and his family that live in town come too . Sometimes, my brothers from N.C come up and stay. This year 1 of my brothers from N.C is here with his wife. My daughter and her 3 children will be there too !!
We just have easy foods , so that it doesn't put too much strain and pressure on my parents !!
The adults pick names, that way we don't spend alot. Everyone buys for the kids. We have a really good time, and I'm looking forward to it !!
The kids then get to stay home Christmas day and enjoy their loot that Santa brought !!
I have quite a few things on my list this year..... I'd like a Gameboy SP, Xyron 501 (scrapbooking) , Creative Memories stuff (scrapbooking), anything and everything Jack Russell !! (Specifically a nice Throw blanket)
A Painted Portrait of my 3 "Grrlz", The Osbournes 2nd Season DVD Uncensored, Rod Stewart CD...... Do you think I've been [i]this[/i] good ??? :wink:

I use to feel like many people here - X-mas was more of a chore than anything else. We would do so much driving and visiting on the 23, 24 and 25th that by the time we got home on the 25th we were so tired that it made it difficult to enjoy our Xmas.

A couple years ago however, my wife and I decided to say "no" to our families, as in "no we're not going to spend the holidays driving around". We told everybody that they were more than welcome to visit, but that we were staying home.

It ruffled some feathers, but my wife and I had a much more enjoyable Xmas. We are doing the same this year.

As for gifts, I pretty much picked out what I wanted; a new cleaver, a Tom Clancy book, a computer game, a convection oven for the cottage. I'm sure she got me some stuff not on the list.

My big surprise of her showed up yesterday morning - a new dining room table. Its has a stainless steel frame with a black marble top. The marble is gorgeous - dark black with white veins. She was completely surprised.

I got another surpise in store tonight - her own digital camera; a canon Elph SD100. She wanted her own because my Sony DSCF717 is too bulky for her to take to work.

Tomorrow, we're going back up to the cottage until New Years. Its beautiful up there, its like a postcard. We go snowshoeing everyday which gives the boys the chance to run free. They love it.