Dogomania

some people....this makes me very angry...

courtnek

Some lady here in Illinois went to Brookfield Zoo, crawled over the cement wall and made it up to the Wolf enclosure, which is surrounded by a chain link fence...

She stuck her arm into the fence to pet the wolves, and the Alpha grabbed her arm and wouldnt let go. They SHOT the wolf, because he wouldnt let go..he was only being a wolf....but he died because of it. The last grey wolf in this zoo, born in captivity...personally, I think they should have shot the woman....what the hell did she think the cement wall and chain link enclosure was for?????

NOW her famly wants to sue the zoo....I would LOVE to be that judge right now....I would make HER pay all the court costs, and spend time in jail for causing the zoo to shoot the wolf to protect her...when SHE SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:evil: :x WHAT?! Oh makes me soo angry! I can't believe they shot the wolf! It is unexcusable to shoot the wolf. That woman was stupid and I would have let that wolf take off her entire arm! God! What a stupid stupid woman! Me and my dad have always wondered how people that stupid live so long. :x I wonder if there is anywhere we can send e-mail or something to complain about this woman and how she should be prosecuted for the life of that wolf. :x

Hmm well I wanted to find some place where I could e-mail my thoughts on this. Like to a local paper or even the Zoo itself. IN my searching I found this...The Zoo's Press Release about this incident.
:evil: :x

[url]http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/0.asp?nSection=10&nLinkID=28&PageID=1227&bolTitle=0[/url]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='ellieangel']I think they should have darted the wolf and let the silly cow suffer for 10 minutes. :evil:[/quote]

that`s what i would have done ellieangel!!!! 8)

OMG i can`t believe they shot the poor wolf!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: That`s outrageous. What the hell was that idiot of a woman thinking, she should be prosecuted for the cause of the loss of the wolf`s life. :evil: I hate to think of all the problems his loss will cause for the remaining pack :(

She's a fool.

I agree that they should have tranquilized the wolf and let her suffer for a half hour or so while it took effect.

As far as her family going after money from the zoo is concerned....I only wish I were the judge in the case. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree....they sound like a sorry lot as well!

Whatever happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONE'S ACTIONS?

Guest Anonymous

96% of the people say she should be crimanly charged on that thing. GOOD! I hope she is! ARG I'm so seriously PO'd right now! Of all things too, a wolf. They are so sacrad to me. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :drinking: :drinking: What a f***in IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH! What a thing to wake up to :evil: There are some tranqulizers out there that only take a couple minutes if that to work, why the hell doesn't the Zoo have these ones for such an occasion? they don't have to ALWAYS use them, because their probably more expensive, but they should keep them around for occasions of such an idiot. I hope the pack will do alright with out their Alpha now :( :cry: I could go on for hours about how this woman should have been torn apart, I would have thrown her right in the pen, what a freakin idiot. ARG :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Also, here's the link for the most widely read newspaper in the state. You can write letters to the editor about the incident. You have to register first, but it's free....I'm composing one now. and I also voted.

stupid cow...what the hell did she think all the precautions were for in the first place????

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Guest Anonymous

Along with the woman's, I seriously doubt the zoo keeper's(or whoever shot the wolf) sense of judgement. Why would they shoot the wolf which could potentially lead to the deaths of other wovles while they fight to become the alpha. they should have left the woman there while the wolf gnawed on her arm, and gone to find either a tranquilizer or something to draw the wolves attention away. Wolves are wolves and are going to do what instincts lead them to do, so why in the world would this unexperienced ladythink she could defy that and go pet an animal that has thousands of years worth of deadly instincts bred into them?

After replying to this post I will head to the illegal gun store that I know exists here somewhere, buy an AK gun and shoot that @#$!$$%$#%%^%%^^@#$@# woman a hoof-a-monk-a-gazillion times in the head, and pray that the wolf is in peace although i doubt he is thanks to the likes of that disgusting waste of oxygen that was retarded enough to jump over the wall and everything....
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
[size=6][color=red][b]WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??![/b][/color][/size]

[b]LAWYERS[/b] are what's wrong with the world....they couldnt shoot her, the zoo would be sued from here to next millenia....

The person who shot her was a cop. The zoo is patrolled by police day n and day out, and at night as well....to try to avoid these things, mostly.
It doesnt specify what he tried to do to get the wolf to let go, just that he determined it would not so he shot it.

this is the letter I sent to the Tribune. You have to be kinda toned-down with them, or they wont rpint what you write....

Dear people,

I am exceptionally APPALLED at what that stupid woman did at Brookfield
Zoo. What was she thinking? Did it not occur to her that the cement wall and
the chain link enclosure was there for a reason? Did the term "wild animals, do not enter" simply not register?

I am extremely saddened that the grey wolf had to be shot. I understand why
they did it, but in all honesty, had it been me I might have shot HER instead.
The poor animal had to be sacrificed because of this person's stupidity.....
And he was the last, of all the wolves born in captivity at that zoo.....

I have gone to the NBC5 website, and voted for her to be criminally charged
for the destruction of this wolf. So far the votes TO charge her are up to
96%.....

Excuse my language, but I really hope to see her sorry ass IN JAIL for this....

I have been to Brookfield Zoo many times, I have taken my son, neices and
nephews there. We always go to see the wolf enclosure, and watch the wolves...
I remember Cinnamon Bear very well....I am very sorry he is now gone....

Katy Courtney
Elgin, IL.

Guest Anonymous

what a stupid bitch, she should know that a wolf was not a dog, and is not domesicated. I think they should of let the wolf have his way until he was done, and then make her pay for her own repair costs. Her family wants to sue the zoo now because she was hurt, I say they should have to pay for the killing of the last grey wolf in that zoo. This makes no sense, what kind of world is this. If someone was comming into our home, and trying to pet me, you bet I would kick his or her ass, and I would not be shot for it, hell I could probably sue them.

Guest Anonymous

she should be sued; is there sign that says "do not feed the animals"
and then for criminal tresspassing, and then again for negligent bahavior and then again for distress on all of the people in the zoo that had to witness that. they could take her to the wringers on that one. not to mention the cost of the animal and the loss of uture genrations of wolves due to her stupidity.

let me be legal council for the zoo, i would have so much fun on that one.

[quote]let me be legal council for the zoo, i would have so much fun on that one[/quote]

you and me BOTH Rott. As for sighs, there are signs on the cement
"surrounding" walls that say "do not feed...." "do not lean over..."
"do not attempt to approach the animals..." they're everywhere!!!

They originally enclosed the wolf compund with chain link (the compound itself is about 4 acres large, and has caves and natural dens throughout it, as well as rises and forestland) because people kept trying to get into
it to "commune" with the wolves.....They are accustomed to having people watch them, but like any wild animal, they only responded positively to the people that fed them, that they had learned to trust. and on the chain link there are signs in huge red and black letters about DO NOT APPROACH THE COMPOUND. DO NOT TOUCH THE FENCE.....

It just aggravates me so much. Stupid cow ignored all the signs, and caused this animal's death....