Dogomania

Just came back from the Dog Show!

Rowie-the-Pooh

:D

Great news! The Dog Show was a blast! The Borzois from the January show where there, including Salukis, Great Danes, West Highland White Terriers, Cocker Spanials, Yorkshire Terriers, Manchester Terriers, GSDs, White GSDs, Rottweilers, Dobermanns, [i]Golden Retrievers[/i], Daschunds, Shetland Sheepdogs, a Cockerpoo ( :o), and alot of mixes!

There was a BSPCA stall, where I got an adorable 2004 Calendar full of BSPCA dog and cat pictures, there also was a stall that had everything I ever dreamed of for dogs! Okay, not everything, but most! :)

The judging and showing was wonderful to watch. The Borzois where so graceful! And the Manchester Terrier was adorable!

But the best news is about to come!

Me and Nadooshkinz where walking around and taking pictures of people's dogs (we have some awesome photos of the dogs! We just need to upload them. :wink:) when I saw the most [size=6]ADORABLE[/size] Golden Retriever ever! It looked eactly like my Rowie, except it's fur was much more thicker and silkier, and it's head was a bit more "block-ish" then Rowie's was. Well I couldn't help myself and went up to the owners (an adorable Indian couple, very sweet people!) and their children, and asked them if this was their dog. They said yes and that he was a male named "Craigga". What an adorable name! Anyway, so I told them I had a Golden too, and they where delighted. They asked me how old she was and I said she was turning two in January. I went gaga over the poor Goldie. :oops: I scratched him behind the ears while "baby talking" him. I asked them where they got their dog from? And they said that they got him[b] right here in Bahrain[/b]! Can you believe it? So I asked them who had sold them the dog? (And I was going crazy by now) and they said there was a "dealer" (I think that's the word that they use for breeder) that they got him from. Now the dog looked like he came from a very good breeding plan. He had a wonderful structure, coat color and length, his personality was great, his fur was thick and silky, and his ears and teeth where odour free and clean. I couldn't help myself, and asked them for the number of the man. The owners took out their mobile and gave me his number. I thanked them BIG TIME, then went overboard and kissed the dog! :oops: Us crazy dog lovers can't help it, can we?

It's not that I want a puppy now. Nope. Not for another year or two at the least. But it won't hurt to check this breeder out. I would LOVE to check out a real Golden Retriever breeder other than on the internet! :) This is all so exciting for me! We're going to call the man/woman and ask him/her if we can come over and see his/her dogs. Nadooshkinz is coming with me of course! :wink:

I also met another adorable Golden! A very deep copper colored one. Of course, we went and asked the owners if we could take a pic of him. I asked them where they had gotten him from, and they said they had him shipped here. He was adorable! BIG and bulky! :lol:

So that was my trip to the dog show! And some MORE good news! The Canine Society of Bahrain is holding a REAL dog show in febuary! The kind where you get a title and everything! :D [i]OF COURSE[/i] I'M GOING!! All the judges at this show where training for this big show in feb, and have been training for the last two years! So it's going to be pretty big! :)

Just needed to tell someone. :oops: