Dogomania

Anyone see "I"m obsessed with my dog"?

StarFox

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys it is Tom from the show (I have Sophia the american bulldog) anyway I found this site on a yahoo search and just wanted to reply to some things...#1 I would not ever have sex with my dog. As far as Salona and I... We filed a visa...K-1 fiance visa and it takes 6 to 9 months to get approved so she will be coming back here and we are getting married. In the mean time in November I am going to South Africa to stay with her for 6 months then we are coming back together and getting married. Our relationship is awesome we have the best. Of course you dont see the good stuff on TV. Anyway I love her a lot and we're going to be together forever....with Sophia of course

[quote]Hey guys it is Tom from the show (I have Sophia the american bulldog) anyway I found this site on a yahoo search and just wanted to reply to some things...#1 I would not ever have sex with my dog. As far as Salona and I... We filed a visa...K-1 fiance visa and it takes 6 to 9 months to get approved so she will be coming back here and we are getting married. In the mean time in November I am going to South Africa to stay with her for 6 months then we are coming back together and getting married. Our relationship is awesome we have the best. Of course you dont see the good stuff on TV. Anyway I love her a lot and we're going to be together forever....with Sophia of course[/quote]

:WTF: Did I miss somethin'???????

Guest Anonymous

ok... some ppl here are crazier than the ppl on the mtv special!!!! first off... i do not think the pug ppl should breed their stupid dog.... and the guy did seem to favor Sophia over Salogna, but it just seemed like they have problems, and 3rd Piper who dyes her little poodle pink... so what?!?! she is crazy for NEEDING to be with Shay every minute of the day, but who cares if shes dyed pink??? its SAFE.... no1 would actually HARM their dog just for looks, i mena c'mon!!! and whoever said that was human dye they are wrong!!!! as a matter of fact i am planning on dying my dog as a one time thing soon... i would never do it if it were even CLOSE to being harmful!!!! i dont understand why DYING is such a huge deal to some of you.. yet cropping ears & docking tails make perfect sense huh?! please

In response to Lolita4Life- Actually the dye they used on Shay (the poodle) IS human hair dye. How do I know? I've used it before. In fact I used it 3 months ago. I can buy it at the local hair supply store.

And I don't think anyone here said that Ear Cropping and Tail docking made perfect sense. I personally don't like ear cropping/docking. I prefer dogs to look "natural" or as natural as they can be.

Guest Anonymous

actually it is NOT human hair dye. they didnt even show what they used on tv!!!! u dyed your hair the same pink??? anyway i know this because i have called the Canine Ranch (the same one on the show) and spoke to the owner about it.... we had a serious conversation on it because i am planning on doing it in the future come halloween season... it is perfectly safe.. i would NEVER harm my Tinkerbell & i am sure Shae was not harmed either... i asked alot of questions... like for example what if she were to lick it? trust me, its all ok i do however think it was cruel the way the poor dog was trying to get away from the dryer.... but as for the dye, people have the wrong idea

Guest Anonymous

i can give anyone the phone number and address to the pet spa on Mtv that dyed Shae the litl poodle pink... if they are truly that concerned

Actually I'm quite curious as to what dye they said they used. And no I haven't dyes my hair pink..it was blue/green but the same dye brand that they used. You can the contaier in one of the seens. It's when they are putting the dye near shay's eyes or mouth. I can't remember the exact scene.

In response to Lolita for Life....

All of us here are mature, and we can all act like adults. Who are you to come and say we are crazier then the MTV show? Why can't you act like an adult and reason it out with us?

There seems to be confusion about what I and some other people said...

[i]I[/i] was against what Shay's owner said. "That's what they where bred to do" plus, she mentioned that the poodle didn't like to be dyed, but did she care? No! I think it is the OWNERS choice whether or not to dye dogs hair or not. All I was saying was that I would not. [b]THAT IS MY OPINION THAT IS WHAT THIS BOARD IS FOR![/b] Here we share opions, and give out personal opinions, this is a [b]public[/b] board, and we can all say whatever we like to say. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

[quote]i dont understand why DYING is such a huge deal to some of you.. yet cropping ears & docking tails make perfect sense huh?! please[/quote]

Oh please! You don't even know us! I for one am against cropping and docking! Who are you to say we are with it?????? Make sure you read carefully before you start judging people! The label on the can said that it was for humans! And the dog was licking it!

I appreciate how much that person loves her dog, we all do. ALL of us on this board are serious dog lovers. We do what is best for our dog. We care what is best for dogs all around the world. We cared for this little poodle, why is that so bad? This is our board after all and we can vioce our opinions like anyone else! Sorry, but that's the way it is.

And just because you call us crazy doesn't mean we're going to change our mind! You gotta relax hun! 8)

And why are you so mad about this whole thing?? Are you Shay's owner? If so, why can't you talk like an adult and reason like an adult instead of jumping to conclusions? :-?

Waiting for a reply.....

Rowie-the-Pooh :angel:

[quote name='TomSophia']Hey guys it is Tom from the show (I have Sophia the american bulldog) anyway I found this site on a yahoo search and just wanted to reply to some things...#1 I would not ever have sex with my dog. As far as Salona and I... We filed a visa...K-1 fiance visa and it takes 6 to 9 months to get approved so she will be coming back here and we are getting married. In the mean time in November I am going to South Africa to stay with her for 6 months then we are coming back together and getting married. Our relationship is awesome we have the best. Of course you dont see the good stuff on TV. Anyway I love her a lot and we're going to be together forever....with Sophia of course[/quote]

Nobody said you had sex with you dog. :wink: I'm glad to hear that you and your fiance are doing better.... but why will you not let her sleep on the bed? :o

And how can we really know you really are Tom from the show? :-?

Guest Anonymous

in response to whomever called me immature... i did not say you are all crazier than the ppl on the mtv show, i said SOME are.... get over it. it is MY OPINION.. on dying the dog... big deal... and just to correctyou, Piper did not say Shae was bred to be dyed.. nor did she say she hates being dyed.. she said "she hates grooming, but she was born a poddle".. which is true, poodles need grooming. as for dying the dog if Sahy were my dog i would not dye her anymore. especially after seeing how she did not like it.. i am not advocating what Pper doe is right.. i just think some ppl are taking it alittle bit too far....
as for who ever said it was manic panic... again, it was not. sorry. call them if u do not believe me. i dont know where anyone gets off calling me immature! i am simply telling MY opinion as d you all... it is sad that just becaue mine differs yours u have to be so childish ...

I've been avoiding this topic for a bit... But I am beginning to think that you guys are doing a lot of 'asuming'. I didn't see Lolita4Life being called immature.

What everyone is saying that the person on the show said that Poodles were bred to be 'designed'. They are not bred to be decorated like a christmas tree, that's just what people like to do. The hair-dye I believe was human hair-dye, and since you are out-numbered in people who believe that, I suggest you back off. They wouldn't say its NOT human unless they actually seen it on store shelves for humans, or have used it themselves.

We have nothing against dying poodles hair pink. We just have something against using something that isn't meant for dogs.

We 'respect' your opinions, whether you believe it or not. We only tell you otherwise when we believe you are wrong, and would love for you to listen to us. If you don't believe us, do some research before argueing back.

Oh, and of COURSE a TV show wouldn't admit to using something not intended for an animal, it's bad for THEIR business.

Guest Anonymous

i totally agree with whomever thinks it is wrong to use a dye meant for humans or that can be harmful.. believe me, i would NEVER ever defend that ever... i know many people here believe it is human hair dye.. and i am not going to bother with it anymore....just because i am outnumbered by ppl who THINK it is human hair dye does not make it true.. the reason i am so adament on th fact tht it is not is because i spoke to the owner of the place that dyed Shays hair pink.. that is the ONLY reason why.. if i didnt know i wouldnt say a word... but i have had lengthy & educated conversations with the owner... and i simply posted my first post just to reassure everyone that it was safe & all that.... not to fight or be put down. maybe those of you that insist it is human hair dye & are so quick to say i am wrong should do what i did... actually ASK the person who did it!!!!! thats all.. dont assume anything.... thats all

This isn't going to be popular but....

I am appauled! I can't believe people are so accepting of dying dogs. I think no one would condone dying a childs hair. Say I have a daughter that has blonde hair but I really wanted a dark haired child, it would be crazy to dye her hair. The reason I see dogs as children is because they dont have a voice, just like kids. If a teenager decides to dye their own hair that is one thing, it definitely is a personal decision. We are hear to do what is best for the dogs and take care of them. Not play with them like dolls.

I am surprised some are so willing to accept this.

[quote]I am appauled! I can't believe people are so accepting of dying dogs. I think no one would condone dying a childs hair. Say I have a daughter that has blonde hair but I really wanted a dark haired child, it would be crazy to dye her hair. The reason I see dogs as children is because they dont have a voice, just like kids. If a teenager decides to dye their own hair that is one thing, it definitely is a personal decision. We are hear to do what is best for the dogs and take care of them. Not play with them like dolls.

I am surprised some are so willing to accept this.[/quote]

Actually, I agree with u. :-? I didn't want to say so, but really, I just don't believe that dying a poodle pink is....... right........ :-? I guess if it's for a good reason, to support a shelter, but still...... I dunno, I just think it's to "un-natural"

Well, since I'm not one to be easily offended or hurt, I'll just keep my opinion that dying is harmless. My dog doesn't mind it; she actually loves the attention she draws from it and, being raised in a grooming studio/veterinary clinic, she doesn't know she isn't supposed to enjoy it. She enjoys grooming, but we have that kind of bond. I guess I see things differently. Being involved in various aspects of rescue, I see so much abuse, neglect, abandonment and other atrocities being carried out against animals. I reckon I just pick and choose my battles and a dog being dyed a different color than "nature" intended them to be just doesn't rub me the wrong way. If my Poodle had a problem with it, I'm sure I wouldn't force it on her. That just seems like common sense(?).

To further fan the flames (never one to fear the wrath of others), I DO use Manic Panic. Yes, the dye NOT meant for dogs. I also use Listerine (diluted) as a rinse on dogs with certain skin problems or odors, Dawn as a degreaser (followed by the skin appropriate products), Vaseline on my dogs to prevent tear stains under the eyes, Neosporin ointment on certain cuts or abrasions, corn starch for a quick brush out/freshen up, hair spray/styling mousse/gel on really limp coats that need a boost, vinegar (diluted) as a rinse on some dogs, and I can't even begin to think of what all else I might use "off label." NONE of these products are labeled for use on dogs, but with a little education and an open mind, I've learned that any of these products (and others) has its place. You have to learn a little chemistry, but you'd be surprised in what's in some of the products labeled for use on dogs. Ph balanced ain't all it's cracked up to be. Oh, ph balance is important, per se, but just because something is LABELED ph balanced doesn't mean it's a good product. There's a lot of chemistry behind this stuff.

Things labeled FOR USE on dogs I would never touch? Top Spot, Bio Spot, anything made my Hartz, a long list of foods, many brands of dog shampoos. I will never buy another ounce of a Nature's Choice shampoo. It's made FOR USE on dogs, but I had too many problems with it.

Don't get me wrong. I have a whole array of very high quality products made FOR USE on dogs (fave brands- Pet Silk, Nature's Specialties). I don't use primarily off label products, but I did take an interest in the chemistry of shampoos and other products and learned a lot. I used to believe the masses... "must be made FOR dogs," but if you knew what was in some of the "for dogs" crap out there, you'd cringe. Also, if you knew the real deal behind "ph balanced," you'd realize that absolute rubbish can be labeled and marketed as "ph balanced." It's not an assurance of quality.

Soooooooo... if you really want to raise a ruckus, join me in trying to stamp out homelessness, animal overpopulation, abuse, neglect and cruelty. Don't be so freaked out over a pink Poodle. You don't have to like it, but again, I don't like spiked/studded collars, coats, jackets, t-shirts, costumes and booties on dogs, either. To each, his/her own. :)

well if you have used manic panic on dogs and had no problems with it, then i see no problem with it. i thought that it might have been too harsh for dogs, but i guess not! :D people take things too seriously sometimes. i wouldn't personally dye my dogs hair, BUT she does have a spiked collar and a spiked harness and i'm sure some people wouldn't agree with the image that evokes when worn by a pit bull. to each his own, as long as no harm is done to the dog.

Just because it is not as bad as being abandoned or abused does not make it okay. They are all bad, just different degrees. It's not about picking battles, its about fulfilling your responsibility to your pet. I understand they probably do enjoy the attention they receive while they get groomed but that doesn't make dying them right either. There is not one good reason to do it, that does not include selfish human desires, that is why it is wrong.

Guest Anonymous

in response to marys mama....
i do see your point & i respect your pinion 100% & it does make very much sense. but at the same time, very many ppl ye their dogs hair just as many dye their kids hair..... but i think if it is a SAFE way of dong it (many ppl use all natural ingrediants... i know a great recipe for dye) then what is the point of fighting it ya know.... if i were ever to dye my dog & she did not like it (fussy or trying to jump out of tub) then i would know to Stop then & there & never do it again.... i think it is sad when you KNOW a child doesnt want to dye her hair yet you do it for pageants or anything, besides that is damaging her hair as well.... i do not think tht dying your dogs hair is hurting its welfare (if gone about the right way) nor is it playing witrh it like a doll... i must admit, i do not see the connection between the two... i think that some ppl should rather than get so upset about this, get more upset about the dogs that are abused, neglected, & uncared for.... if we stop and look at this then we will realize this is just something fun ppl can do naturally, & it may even be a onding expierince like walking your dogs or anything like that..... i am surprised how controversial this topic has become but at the same time i guess it is good so everyone can gets points across & it opens up 4 new information... i dont see it as such a big deal, but thats just me.... alot of ppl dress thir dogs up... i am SURE most dogs hate that... that is the same thing as dying ... you can not tell what they are thinking bc they can not speak but who knows... they may love it... :)

Guest Anonymous

by the way.... i am new here & i recieved a message to make n introduction to me & my dogs in the new member section.... i am still trying to figure this site out though.. where is the new member section?!?! lol i cant find it