Dogomania

Dumb Breeders-A Rant

StarFox

AGGH!!! I realy despise BYB!!!!! Today I was in my room cleaning and my brother ran in there and told me to turn on the TV...ok...so I did...There was one of thoes "people's court" type shows..I think it was called Judge Hatchet (yea..like i'd realy go to a judge called Hatchet!). Anways the case was that a woman wanted 900 dollars for the "boxer" she bought because the "boxer" was deformed. Well ok...so far it dosn't sound so bad..but wait it gets allot worse! They showed a home video of this alleged "boxer" and it was sooo obviously a mix! It looked NOTHING like a boxer...the head and face looked more like a Pit and the body looked like..heck i dunno a lab! The only thing that made it look like a Boxer was the Docked tail. ....And this woman payed 700 dollars for it!!

She said she "had been looking for a dog to give her 4 year old daughter and found this "breeder" in the news paper"....wow...how many things are wrong with that statment....Lets see! Getting a dog for your 4 your old kid???? And why a boxer?? (nothing agaist the breed just such an odd choice). And she found this reputable breeder in the newspaper????? When the judge was talking to this "breeder" he said that he just "breed his two dogs together and had a litter"...yea what a reputable breeder! So anyways this poor dog was blind in one eye and his testicles never dropped. That was why the woman was sueing.

The woman knew about the dog being blind 2 weeks after getting the dog so the "breeder" gave her 100 dollars because of it. But ok...get this...EVEN though the dog was blind in one eye the woman wanted to breed the dog!!!!!!! :evil: :x She said "well I was going to breed the dog to make a profit since i payed so much for him, but since he dosn't have the "parts" to mate I can't breed him".......AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Can you belive that?!?!?!?! My god!! STUPID WOMAN!!!!!! So the woman was suing the guy because of the dog being blind and because she wanted the money so she could neuter him, she said that it would cost 500 dollars to neuter the dog because his testicles hadn't dropped. (that dosn't sound right to me! 500 dollars for a neuter?!?!!? can someone explain that one to me?) ANd the other 400 dollars was for the dog being blind. The "breeder" said that he would take the dog back and give her back the money but she was too attached to the dog to give it back. Or he said that he would take back the dog and give them another puppy when his dog had a litter. Well both of thoes sugestions sounded resonable but noooo! The dumb woman refused...so anyways in conclusion the Judge awarded the guy to pay 500 dollars so the woman could neuter her dog. :o

Ohh..sorry about the rant but that just realy made me mad!!! Did anyone else happen to see it on TV? it was on FOX....

If you ask me, the dog should not be with any of them :roll: :roll: :roll: and the judge should of fined both of them for their stupidity. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I feel so sorry for the dog in question, :cry: :cry: :cry: I only hope she has grown attached to him and isn't just saying that. :( :( :(

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I am beggining to despise the human race...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Do people even know that dogs are ACTUALLY LIVING CREATURES????????????????????????????????????????? GGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't think so abker17, we've just had a man in the letters page of a national newspaper, he says he hates dogs and that they should always be on a lead and muzzled and their owners should be also. He doesn't want them spoiling his day at the pub, beach etc, drooling and sniffing everywhere.

I always thought all god's creations were entitled to be on this earth, I hope when he goes for a swim in the sea he gets eaten by a shark because, well he shouldn't be there, (it's their patch) and somebody on the beach should of made sure he was on a lead. :lol:

[quote]I always thought all god's creations were entitled to be on this earth, I hope when he goes for a swim in the sea he gets eaten by a shark because, well he shouldn't be there, (it's their patch) and somebody on the beach should of made sure he was on a lead. [/quote]
I couldn't agree more! :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote]she said that it would cost 500 dollars to neuter the dog because his testicles hadn't dropped. (that dosn't sound right to me! 500 dollars for a neuter?!?!!? can someone explain that one to me?) [/quote]

Neutering a dog with retained testicles is much more complex than a standard neuter. They actually have to go into the abdomen and find the testicle(s) - it can apparenty be quite invasive, depening on where abouts the lost nugget is. So I guess that is why is costs more.

[quote name='Malamum'][quote]she said that it would cost 500 dollars to neuter the dog because his testicles hadn't dropped. (that dosn't sound right to me! 500 dollars for a neuter?!?!!? can someone explain that one to me?) [/quote]

Neutering a dog with retained testicles is much more complex than a standard neuter. They actually have to go into the abdomen and find the testicle(s) - it can apparenty be quite invasive, depening on where abouts the lost nugget is. So I guess that is why is costs more.[/quote]

You are correct Malamum, another thing that makes it cost so much more is that because of the locality of where the testicle is dropping from there is a very high risk that the testicle has attached itself to if not through the intestines which would also mean that an intestinal bypass be done on the dog.

:angel:

Mad. Absolutely mad.
Not only the "breeder" for breeding his dogs for the hell of it, but the woman for wanting to breed from him too, getting a dog for her kid (!) and also the suggestions that they should give the dog back and get...ANOTHER DOG FROM THE SAME "BREEDER"!!!!!! I mean come on - how stupid is that?!
So I suppose the owner wasn't that stupid as she refused, as I would too, but if she'd have looked into finding a decent breeder in the first place, she wouldn't be in that mess.
Mad mad mad. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

The whole BYB and petshop/puppy mill scenerio gets me really worked up too! I didn't see the show that you were talking about but I can't beleive people still buy from either. I know 3 people that bought "purebred dogs" this year and not one looks like what they are claimed to be. One bought a cocker spaniel from a pet shop (gasp!) and it looks like a mix between a cocker and something else not to mention that it has medical problems. Then another bought a yorkie from a puppy broker(groan) for someone in the heartland. This little pup looks like a mix between a yorkie and a dachshund. Last but not least a co-worker bought a yorkie from a BYB that had about 70 dogs and many different breeds. The vet told her no way was it a purebred yorkie. Nothing against mixed breed dogs, I have had some myself years ago, it's just silly to pay a few hundred bucks for a mixed breed. Not to mention that the breeding wasn't done with any thought as to what type gentic problems may be carried on. Just the fact that people continue to do this encourages these people to continue breeding these poor dogs. If people want a purebred dog they need to do research and find the right breeder. I think some people go the other route thinking they can get a dog cheeper but it may cost them more in the long run. Anyway this is a topic I could go on and on about.

I'm right there with you, Bentley. I was walking Macy the other night and met a very nice woman with two darling Shih-tzus. The littler one was a beautiful puppy, about four months old she said, with pretty black and white markings. She was saying, "I've thought about breeding her when she's older, just once or twice." I could tell she clearly loved her dogs but didn't know nearly enough to be breeding them.

I tried to gently emphasize to her the ways that the bitch can be harmed -- Macy had a breach birth before I owned her and had to have an emergency C-section, and her breeder had 25 years of experience. I also pointed out that puppies can be born deformed or partly formed, or can just fade away for no apparent reason. Don't know if I convinced her, but I tried!

I was just at another day camp last week(I've been going to a lot of day camps this summer), and I was talking to a girl who said that her sister had just gotton a bulldog for $400(is that an average price? :-? ) Anyway, she said her sister wanted to breed her, because u can't find any bulldog breeders around here. I of course, told her that their were already tons of dogs sitting in shelters that needed homes, and that the dog would need to have different tests to rule out any diseases that could be passed to the puppies. (I doubt if her sister would even get the tests done in the first place) I don't think I convinced her it was a bad idea, but at least I tried.
Also, I was talking to another girl who said that she wanted to get a black lab, and she wanted it from a breeder. I asked why she wanted it from a breeder, and she said that the dogs at the shelter bite! :roll: :evil: I told her that the black labs that we have at the shelter now(we have 2) certainly do not bite, and that if she adopted from a shelter, she'd be saving a life. I don't think she was totally convinced either, and don't get me wrong I don't think that getting a dog from a breeder is a bad thing, but when u are simply getting one fome a breeder because of such a stupid reason.... :evil: the child at least needed to know that dogs at the shelter are not bad and they are no worse than any other dog.
Sorry to ramble, but some people are VERY ignorant about dogs, and need to do their research...

$400 is a VERY low price for a bulldog. Most of them from quality breeders cost $2000 or more, because they usually have to be delivered via C-section, as their heads are so large. If this woman's sister wants to breed her bulldog, she'd better be prepared for a LOT of time and trouble. I love bullies, but they have so many health probs.