Dogomania

Nice people in this message board

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I would just like to add that i have read a lot of messages on this board, i have to say that you all are very nice and very helpful people. And for anyone who reads this, I would like to give warning before going to the petfinder.org message board. They are very rude and are all about bashing others. :agrue: But thanks for reading this :)

I know a few boards were they are all very ignorant. One talks only about how mutts are no good, how its okay to not neuteur or spay and so on. I think its filled with irresponsible owners-honestly. :roll:

I've only met a few boards were it has a nice, friendly environment. I'll have to agree with you about this board though! :angel:

Why don't you join us? :D

Guest Anonymous

I definitely will. And I have give several other people this post address from petfinder.org that i feel were getting rude remarks and bashing to. I hope you all don't mind. Thanks again! :buzi:

Guest Anonymous

I know! I just LOOOOOOOOOVE this board! :iloveyou: It's very different from other dog forums that I have visited. I was just at one a few moments ago (I'm not going to name names) where it has turned into all out war....but war IS kinda fun sometimes. I can be VERY mischievous at times. :lol: :evilbat:

Glad you found us!!! I think that one of the best things about this bord is that most of us can put forward our arguments, give our evidence etc without just calling names and saying that everyone else is wrong with no facts about it other than that they are just being stubborn. I just joined a BARF mailing list and someone posted about feeding veggies and the whole group pounced on them and wouldn't let up about how you shouldn't feed veggies with absolutly no reasoning or evidence that veggies are bad etc. I feed veggies, always will, but didn't find the point in posting their benefits as every body on the board seemed to have their minds set. Needless to say, I left the mailing list!
I'm sure that if you think the people in this board are nice, over time you'll grow to love every last one of them!
One of my fave bits on this board is ndr so we can all get to know everyone alot better, the people in dogo are like a second family to me :wink:

Petfinder scares me. If you are a breeder, you are evil, evil, evil and they'll scream that there's no such thing as a responsible breeder. They make claims like all purebreds are walking genetic disasters and all mutts are healthy, etc, etc... Someone had a dog attack their child and they told her to get rid of the baby. :roll:
I think a lot of nuts hang out there.

I checked it out. I notice they tar all responsible breeders with the same brush over there too. Apparently, all they breed for is looks and the next Best in Show. Purebred dogs are in trouble due to show breeders. Blah blah blah...
I guess they'd manage to find something wrong with my dog too. :roll:

Must agree, this is one of the best sites that I've found so far - right now it's more important for me to form friendships on-line that will potentially last than just be dealing with words: here, you really get to know the people behind the names. In a way, being able to interact with dog-owners and hear stories is helping me deal with the loss of Maggie and the fact that I'm no longer a dog owner.

I've just started here and am SO glad I found this site! Someone at the dogfancy.com forums recommended this site. I'd also tried rec.pets.dogs, but the trolls there got to me (my only access to Usenet is via Google, so I couldn't killfile them).