Dogomania

I HAVE GREAT NEW!!

jen

hi everyone,
i have great news.....................
[color=red][size=7]WE`RE GOING TO FETCH CLEO(the rescue rottie pup) TOMOROW!![/size][/color]
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
:laola: :laola: :banan: :multi:
I got the phone call this morning, she`ll be ready to come home at 3pm, so after the drive home we`ll all be home together at last at about 8pm tomorrow night :iloveyou:
[color=violet][size=6]im soooo excited[/size][/color], ill never sleep tonight :D Im counting down the hours :roll:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as soon as you get her we all want pictures !! you are so lucky to get to adopt a rottie. i was originally looking to adopt one too but ended up with my muttt dog, she is very protectiive and sweet and smart though....someday i want a rottie. hope your trip goes really well and all goes smoothly with your other dogs when she comes home .

[color=red][size=7]A question?[/size][/color]

i have a question that i`d really appreciate your opinions and advice on :hmmmm:
i`m wondering what is the best way to introduce cleo to my other dogs when she comes home.
i`m worried about the initial walking through the door :-? , it will be dark by the time she gets here so i can`t do the intro`s in the garden.
my dogs live in the house, so do i keep them in another room as she arrives then let them in one at a time to meet her, or bring her straight into the room where the other dogs are? :-? Or some other way?
Any suggestions? :D

[quote name='jen'][color=red][size=7]A question?[/size][/color]

i have a question that i`d really appreciate your opinions and advice on :hmmmm:
i`m wondering what is the best way to introduce cleo to my other dogs when she comes home.
i`m worried about the initial walking through the door :-? , it will be dark by the time she gets here so i can`t do the intro`s in the garden.
my dogs live in the house, so do i keep them in another room as she arrives then let them in one at a time to meet her, or bring her straight into the room where the other dogs are? :-? Or some other way?
Any suggestions? :D[/quote]

If there's absolutely no way you can do the introductions on neutral ground (which really would be the best way) I'd recommend that you keep something like a baby gate between the dogs for a couple of days. Lets them sniff each other and get used to having them there but, would prevent them from immediate access. A crate for Cleo would work too. If you do opt for some sort of gate, be sure that you don't spend all your time with Cleo. Your dogs should see that yes, she is now part of the family and you do interact with her but you have to be careful not to interact with her at the expense of the others or that could cause problems.

I'll keep you company Jen.

Join the club, I'm on here last thing at night then when I get up in the morning (or should I say afternoon). Always been a night owl, can sleep at the drop of a hat during the day. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Irish Setter (Ruby) :angel:

English Setter (Rosie) :angel:

Mums dog, cross chihuahua (Cleo) :angel: :angel:

Whilst my mum has been ill she has been here with her. When I go my mums, I feed her etc. When I walk into the bungalow she goes absolutely berserk, yapping and running round. The reason being, I'm the only one to think of taking her for a walk, even though she's old I love seeing her run across the field to catch me up. My mum says she thinks Cleo would sooner be with me because she hasn't been able to give her much attention, but she is totally devoted to her and follows her everywhere.

See pictures at:
[url]http://groups.msn.com/Dogomania[/url]

Ruby and Rosie

What are yours called, any pics?

Oh Jen we're the same !!! :roll:
I stay on here until stupid o'clock usually 2am ish then I'm absolutely knackered everyday and every night i vow i won't do it again !!!!
And I have got kids too two 9 year olds and a 7 year old so I can sympathise,I'm glad I'm not the only one !!
I think I'm afraid that if i switch off I'll miss something !!! :o
Still I love it on here ! :)
By the way i can't wait to hear how you get on with Cleo-drive carefully.

Ellieangel, it must be us English.

I've been talking to Jen all night, I thought there was only us two around, glad to see your's still with us, after all it's only 12.40am. Mind you with the time differences a lot of people will be getting up for work soon. :cry: :cry:

marion..-no wonder cleo loves you so much if you are the "walkies" lady :lol: , but no doubt she`d love you anyway coz ur an :angel: looking after your mum and everything else, :D
i`m going to check out your pics in a min. :D you can see my new arrival who`s also called cleo(the rottie pup we`re getting this afternoon), they are on the same picture page as yours on msn, i don`t know how to put the link up like you`ve done coz im new to this computer stuff! :wallbash: or if you look on the forum everything about dogs, you will see a post called JENS NEW DOG by mouseatthebusstop, she kindly put up my pics for me so everyone could see.v Unfortunatley there are none of my other dogs yet :( as i`m waiting to get a digital camera to ba able to photo them and put them on the comp.

ellieangel..-i do exactly the same :roll: . My kids are 4,8,13!!.
I`ve only just noticed you are in portsmouth, that is where we are travelling to, to fetch Cleo this afternoon :o . We are in Lincolnshire, so as you can imagine it`s pretty long drive :D