Dogomania

Freebee is sick....

courtnek

I had to take Freebee to the emergency vet. She started throwing up and couldnt stop. They X-rayed her and there may be an obstuction in her intestines. I am SOOO worried about her!!!

She has to stay at the vet tonight. They say she doesnt look too bad, but they want to watch her. Please send helpful wishes her way. She is only 5 and I dont want to lose her......

:( :(

Guest Anonymous

Oh Poor Freebee!! I send all the best of my thoughts your way, wishing she gets better ASAP!!! Update us as soon as you can, but not too soon of course! You should be with your baby when she needs you! :)

They had a radiologist look at the xray - she thinks there is something "not normal" in her stomach and they're still not sure what the thing in the intestines is, so they're going to do an ultrasound. She hasnt passed any movements. They have her on IV fluids and right now they say she seems perky, but I am really afraid this is going to mean surgery.
I have NO clue what she could have gotten into, but the kids in the neighborhood throw things in the yard all the time and maybe she ate a toy or something.....there are two small kids next door and they always
throw their toy balls over the fence.

Thanks for all the good wishes. I'll let you know as I find out more.

Katy

She has to have surgery. Whatever it is, it wont move on it's own. Poor Freebee.....

I probably wont get her back until Wednessday night, and I really miss her.
Alex misses her too. He keeps looking around for her and nudging me to go outside, then he stands there expecting her to come running up....

:cry:

I'll keep you updated.....thanks.

well, she's through surgery. They found some kind of plastic "something" in her belly and intestines....could be a toy that the kids threw, or could be anything. The couldnt determine what it was, since it was all chewed up.

I guess I have to canvas the yard everyday and make sure nothing is there...She seems to be ok....She learned this behavior from Alex. She never used to chew anything until he moved in.....

Poor Freeb! I'm just very happy that she's ok...My boss already authorized overtime to help pay for it.....

thanks for everyones support.

She is doing better. She didnt want any water today, but they still have her on fluid IV's so that may be why. They're gonna try to get her to eat a little tonight and see how she does...I hope she gobbles everything up and keeps it down so I can bring her home tomorrow!!!!

They said the incision is healing fine, but she did throw up a little today, which worries me....

They also gave her some pain meds cuz she seemed stiff, so maybe that's why. Pain meds dont always agree with me, either.

I gotta look on the positive side....

I'll keep you all updated....

thanks.

You know, a long time ago my cat had to have abdominal surgery (he was shot by my a@@hole freak of a neighbor) and the vet said to feed him baby food meat (like strained beef or whatever) since it was almost totally digestible and wouldn't strain his intestines much or have much waste that they would have to deal with while he was healing. Of course you'd have to give a big dog several jars probably but maybe mix it with a little kibble or something. Check with your vet. It might help her readapt to food easier. :eating: