Dogomania

Please send healing thoughts

Poofy

You don't have to reply to this message, but I would like to ask you to please think of my old chin grammy tonight. She was injured and has suffered head trama. Things are serious, especially since she is elderly. Please think about her and wish her well. Hopefully I can sleep tonight.

No need for religion, just send healing thoughts...those who are religious, pray to god, buddah, ala, mother earth whom ever....
So far your thoughts are working...she is up and around today. She walks like she is drunk still, but seems a bit confused.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Poofy']No need for religion, just send healing thoughts...those who are religious, pray to god, buddah, ala, mother earth whom ever....
So far your thoughts are working...she is up and around today. She walks like she is drunk still, but seems a bit confused.[/quote]

Poofy, we have been able to send enough positive energy in the past to help our friends. Sending more YOUR way!

This morning at about 3 am she seemed to be doing really well. This evening though, she vomit large amounts of dried blood. Not good. She is walking around, but she doesn't see quite "right". She ate some scrambled egg and has held it down for an hour or so. I am hoping she doesn't have pressure on her brain...which can cause vomiting. She will go back into the vet in the AM. Since the blood was dried, old, it was probably a result of the trauma.

They are remarkably silly, arent they?

My golden used to round the corner, head into the kitchen, slide on the tiled floor and slam into the stove...

Watch her head for any swelling - Also, if she'll let you, push on her head in various places and see if she has any pain. (gently of course)

If you notice any pain, let the vet know right away. She may be disorientated because it hurts, but she doesnt know how to tell you that.

My thoughts ajnd best wishes are with you!!

:D

She went to the vet after the incident on an aemergency call and was put on steroids over night. She was ok'd to come home in the morning. She did okay yester day...a bit dizzy acting and such. But I was told to expect that. Now she is vomiting larg amounts of dried blood...she just vomited again. I am hoping that this is not a sign of some sort of internal bleeding or such. Rather old blood from the initial injury. Her color is good, although she doesn't feel real well...she thew up her eggs too by the way.

Hopefully I won't have to take her in tonight...I will keep a close eye on her...

Grammy seems to have perked up again..no more vomiting during the night. This morning she even acted a little spunky and offered to play with the others for about 5 seconds. She is on sofa duty, where she sits and watches TV...the only thing I see strange right now is a bit of head bobbing. So we will see. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Grammy is back in the hospital today. They want to treat her with steroids again...but they need to give her something to coat her stomach as well to prevent the bleeding. So she will be there through the day for treatment.
Hopefully things will begin to look up.