Dogomania

The names, breeds, and number of dogs you have

yellowlabsrule

How many dogs do you have?  

1. 1. How many dogs do you have?

I never know who has what dog, and what breed, and what sex, and what name everyone's dog has. So for my sake (and anyone else) please put them here so I can come and look and see who's dog is who's.
Thanks!

Name: Winnie
Sex: Female
Breed: Yellow Labrador Retriever
Favorite things: Being with family, balls, and anything you can throw.
Greatest wish: To be able to lay on the couch and chairs, to sleep in masters bed, and to be able to eat as much as I want! :lol: Oh, and one more thing...to be able to throw the woodstove out (it makes me to hot!) and to throw the computor out because my mommy is ALWAYS ON IT! :lol: [img]http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons/happy/028.gif[/img] :lol:

Hopefully in March, April, or June I will be adding a Dalmatian to the family! (clapping!) [img]http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/party/fest10.gif[/img]

Name: Parker

Sex: Male

Breed: Fawn Great Dane with full mask

Favorite things: Chewing on bones or killing stuffies, sleeping on the couch or bed, playing with his friends, playing with the kitties, getting attention, eating!

Greatest wish: To have more furry friends in the house! More kitties! More dogs! More beds and couches! More treats! More more more! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I just copied the stuff yellowlabsrule wrote and wrote in my own stuff okay? And added stuff I though was more "Hazel like" LOL.
There's also more info about Hazel at her website: [url]www.geocities.com/fly_n_woof/[/url]

Name: Hazel Nut Meg (AKA "HAZEL", Smaze, Smazel")
Breed: Liver Border Collie + Red Merle Australian Shepherd
DOB: December 3rd 1999
Favorite things: eating the snacks off the table ( :oops: ), her new WATER KONG that she got for xmas, playing with her "boyfriend" Duke, playing with her buddy; Daiquiri (the cat)
Greatest wish: Be able to dominate all the Cats in the house and to hunt down that truck that hit her last summer... every time she sees it she gets EVIL!!!! :evilbat: :-?
Biggest Fear: Thunder storms and well I guess you could say people because she's got Fear Aggression, and what seems like a bit of Protive Aggression
Fave Person: ME! :D (Shara)
Diet: BARF (Bones and Raw Food)

I think that's about everything to be able to tell wich is Hazel that's being talked about! LOL

Guest Anonymous

Name: Odyssius - "Daz"
Breed: Rottweiler
Favorite thing: fetch, LOVES his kong ball

Name: Adonnis
Breed: Doberman Pinscher
Favorite thing: Chasing Daz

Name: Trace (treis)
Breed: American Pit Bull Terrier
Favorite thing: Sleep, thank god

Oy... *sigh*

EIGHT dogs~

*Chihuahua~ Chico, male, 5 years old
*Lhasa Apso~ Fred, male, 5 years old
*Lhasa Apso~ Misdemeanor (aka Missy), female, 4 years old
*Black Labrador Retriever X~ Tucker Dedicated, male, approx. 6 years old
*Pit Bull/Boxer X~ Penny, female, 4 years old (on Jan. 1 coming up)
*Toy Poodle~ Peanut, female, 3 1/2 years old
*Miniature Schnauzer~ Simon, male, approx. 6 - 7 years old
*Standard Poodle~ Perry, male, 3 years old

Honorable mention to my beloved Goober (Yorkie) who passed away nearly 4 months ago. Even after all this time, I still can't exclude him when talking about my dogs. He's still here whether I see him or not, so bear with me.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XADfAmQdC3zZgyb3S*4h7iwx3lAd7O7W01baeipdksEIfZjrQbL!gT2cg!qtOSS8pBpM5rtuv8uYHC76b8Q9onF0YRAqP82f4CCbh0pWW0NKLWg!LkF8nvkkUYuA9yqVKAWA8WvImBw/collage3.JPG?dc=4675399934999378647[/img]

My Dog
Name: Kavik
Breed: Border Collie, mostly black
Favorite Thing: Kong on a rope, Kong with penut butter, Kong ripped in half, [b]wading[/b] for Kong, flying Kong . . . KONG!, oh and snuggles.
Unfavorite Thing: [b]swimming[/b] for Kong, when Tir steals his Kong or his spot on the couch (beside me.)

Our Current Foster Dog
Name: Tir
Breed: GSD/Malamute
Favorite Thing: Food, water, sleep, TOYS he's allowed to have and "toys" he's not allowed to have, galloping through the house.
Unfavorite Thing: Tir is almost too laid back to have an unfavorite thing. He even tolerates Kavik's obsession with assigning everyone a spot. (Tir's spot is in front of the couch according to Kavik) He is not especially fond of healing or his halti.

Name: Landon
Sex: male
Breed: Black lab/rotti mix
Favorite things: family, his sister (lily), playing fetch, romping through the field, cuddling, and eating...
Greatest wish: To be able to have all the treats and food in the world, and to always have snow on the ground...and play play play fetch forever!!!

Name: Lilly
Breed: Yellow Labrador Retriever mix
Favorite things: Going for a walk, romping through the field, eating, cuddling by the fireplace, and going for car rides
Greatest wish: Shes a pretty happy dog- and if she could have anything in the world- I think it would be land that never ends, so she could run free forever and ever!!!

Diva, Black, German Shepherd Dog, 4yo female
Wrangler, Blue Merle, ACD/Aust. Shep. mix, 3yo male

And in the spring, a male GSD puppy, will be either Black Sable or Black. :D Will most likely be named either Xavo (pronounced Savo), or Valdo.

Also in the same household,
Butch, Red. (litter brother to Wrangler)
Pepper, Black (with white speckles) "Heeler". 14yo female
(These 2 belong to my BF.)
(We also have several horses, and 4 Bovines.)

Guest Anonymous

I have 3 furbabies. They are my heart and soul.

Name: Austin
Sex: Male-neutered
Breed: English Mastiff...color: fawn
Fav things: Sitting on, by, or with either of his humans. Being a bully.
Greatest wish: (but will never happen) to sleep with mommy and daddy in bed (he gets possessive in bed so he is not allowed in with us)

Name: Angle
Sex: Male-neutered
Breed: Labrador Retriever...color: chocolate
Fav things: Play fetch, go bye-bye's, no pain (hip dysplasia)
Greatest wish: It already came true. Mommy and Daddy had my hip fixed. I can run, walk, sit, lie down without pain anymore. YEAH!!!

Name: Molly
Sex: Female-spayed
Breed: Great Dane...color: Mantle
Fav things: Be with Angle, EAT, run really, really, really fast
Greatest wish: MORE FOOD

To see my babies click here:
[url]http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&uid=771392&gid=1348209&PATHID[/url]

Ben, Border Terrier, Male, 9&1/2years.
Loves rabbiting, great mouse catcher, walks, going in the car, (when I drove to Darwin he sat watching everything all the way, I reckon he's going to write a book one day, :lol: Going to Agric. Soc. shows where he will stand and watch the 'clown' sideshows for ages. Training me to do what he wants.

Pebbles, Miniature Pinscher, girl, 9yrs next month.
Likes to think she is the boss. Loves food, sleeping on the couch, food, walks, food, chasing anything that moves, going to dog shows. Cuddles only when she wants to. Great watchdog, no-one comes in her backyard or touches her car.
She is the only Miniature Pinscher bitch in Australia to have gained her Grand Champion Title.

Sam, Miniature Pinscher, Male, 6&1/2years.
Loves walks, chasing birds, going in the car, dog shows, sleeping on my knee (he's on it now), thinks he is very macho, but really a softy. Loves Pebbles even when she bosses him around. He has his Aust. Champion Title.

Name: Gooey
Color/Breed: dark brindle APBT
Favorite things: Playing tug, "full contact" play, following, "her people", watching activity (ie: sitting around and watching people pass by), snow, rides, going on the boat, marshmellows (burnt or unburnt), swedish fish ( :roll: )
Un-favorite things: baths, water, strange dogs, having to share her bed with the "hot dog"

Name: Annie
Color/Breed: red Mini Dachshund
Favorite things: Playing tug, balls, squeaky toys, chasing things, bugging Goo, swimming, food
Un-favorite things: baths, strange dogs, kids, rain, snow, wind

Name: Casey
Color/Breed: rust (fawn, buff, red, whatever :lol: ) Cocker Spaniel
Favorite things: kids, food, sleep, having her ears combed, snow
Un-favorite things: loud noises, thunderstorms, riding in cars/on the boat

Name: Joey
Sex: Male
Color/Breed: fawn Chihuahua
Favorite things: his "mother" (my mom), food, chewing, trashcan diving (in the process of breaking this habit :roll: )
Un-favorite things: being dryed after baths, people he doesn't know (not aggressive, just very "timid"), snow

Here's a pic of all four...
[img]http://seemesmile.com/photos4/2373963a.jpg[/img]

Bensam, I was wondering... is a mini pin is australia the same thing as a manchester terrier here?
Here is a pic of a AKC Mini Pin:
[img]http://www.akc.org/images/breeds/minpin.jpg[/img]

And a pic of a AKC manchester terrier:
[img]http://www.akc.org/images/breeds/manchter1.jpg[/img]

Just wondering.

Great pic gooeydog! I love it! :D

Hi Yellowlabsrule, Our Mins are basically the same as yours. Our ears look different as we dont allow cropping here and while they have erect ears, I guess you could say they have a slightly 'softer' appearance. Our Mins standard is 10 to 12ins. Yours 10 to 12&1/2ins. On pics I have seen of yours, ours are a bit more solid, not so leggy. Main charactistic is the hackney action, very important.
Manchesters - here we have 2 separate breeds - the Manchester (terrier group) and the English Toy Terrier (toy group). Main differences are - Height, Manch. 16ins................... Eng Toy 10 to 12ins.................... Ears - Manch. dropped...........Eng. Toy, Erect and 'candle flame' shaped
There are other subtle things between the Manch and the Eng. toy. and they should never be mistaken for each other.
I'm biased, but the Min. Pin. looks better than any other and is the only one with the distinctive hackney action. (Have seen some other breeds hackneying when they aren't supposed to :lol: )

Name: Blitzkrieg
Sex: I try but Mum gets mad when I do!
Breed: Lost Dogs' Home Mutt (Australian Cattle Dog/Border Collie cross)
Favourite things: annoying Rinny, cuddling up to Rinny, escaping, running, chewing, eating, shagging, squeaking, playing, sleeping, sooking, throwing tantrums, breathing doggy breath into people's faces and seeing their reactions
Greatest wish: to be able to grow wings and go for adventures whenever I want to instead of having to wait for THEM to take me out!

Name: Rin-Tin-Tin (Rinny)
Sex: Male, but I'm too old for those sorts of shenanigans
Breed: German Shepherd cross
Favourite things: sleeping, being patted, bossing BK round until a few years ago, also liked to pop my head over the front fence and bark in unsuspecting people's ears as they went by.
Greatest wish: to lie down and sleep without being trodden on or woken up by BK. (I do like it when he cuddles up to me though :wink: )

Guest Anonymous

Name: Shiloh
Sex: Female-Spayed
Breed: Fox Hound, Coon Hound, Lab Cross
Color: White with brown & black spots
Favorite Toy: Golf Balls and shredding squeeky toys.
Favorites: Food, Food, Food, Food & Food. Chasing anything furry ie. deer, mice, elk, bears, squirrels (the usual) :lol:

Name: Willow (AKA: Geyser Creeks Strike It Rich)
Sex: Male-Neutered
Breed: Alaskan Malamute
Color: Gray & White (masked)
Favorites: Swimming, Horseback riding, Bye-Bye Truck and Singing (flutes or horns he doesn't care).
Favorite Toy: Ball (Oh the most exciting thing in the world,any shape or size)
Brag: Star of the 2001-2002 Winter Clothing Catalog for Esprit International.

Name: Kimba (AKA: *Not sure yet, still deciding on AKC name* See Polls)
Sex: Female-Will be spayed 2/10/2003
Breed: Great Dane
Color: Blue Merle
Favorite Toy: LOUD squeekers, Willows tail, the hallway (runs as fast as she can and slides to a stop, so silly. You'd have to see it to understand)
Favorites: Just developed a passion for riding in the car, everytime we open the door to the garage she sprints in there and then sits by the car and we have to drag her back in the house. :wink: Chasing Willows tail is by far her most favorite of favorites.

Guest Anonymous

Ready for this? OK.. 12 Alaskan Huskies and one Pomeranian.
The Huskies- One set of 4 siblings- Bug ,my leader and queen of everything, she who's feet must not be touched. Merlin, a unique personality, meeter and greeter and general show-off, Happy, the beauty queen, but very shy, and Thea, the stupidist dog on earth, but sweet of heart. A father and son duo named Zeus and Bernie, both a beautiful glossy black with four white feet- the wheel dogs that run nearest to the sled and my best athletes. Another set of 4 siblings, and the puppies of Bug and Bernie- Gemma, another fine athlete, ,Woofy, who should have been named Goofy, Little Bear, who looks for all the world like a Shiba Inu dipped in black ink, not sure she wants to be a sled dog yet, and Tynan, who is becoming an accomplished lead dog like her mother. Then there are the two "oddballs", Aesa, a super dog with great bloodlines- my husband calls her the "meerkat" cause she looks like one! and George, an Alaskan with some Border Collie in his backround- a beautiful Red and white guy with blue eyes. And lastly, the real "leader", 9 month old Cricket, a black and white parti colored Pomeranian who is in charge of the whole deal. Whew. Now I need a nap... :D

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='bullygirl29532']NAME: Lecter
BREED: mostly black pit bull terrier
LIKES: 3Liter soda bottles & bully sticks [i][u][b][color=red][size=7]WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! DING DING DING DING! LECTER GETS PIZZLE!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!![/size][/color][/b][/u][/i]
DISLIKES: Rain, not being the center of attention,and not being able to run wild like the neighbors dogs.
Coming soon pictures!!! once i'm allowed to set up the scanner we got for x-mas.[/quote]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Pumpkin the Musher']Ready for this? OK.. 12 Alaskan Huskies and one Pomeranian.
The Huskies- One set of 4 siblings- Bug ,my leader and queen of everything, she who's feet must not be touched. Merlin, a unique personality, meeter and greeter and general show-off, Happy, the beauty queen, but very shy, and Thea, the stupidist dog on earth, but sweet of heart. A father and son duo named Zeus and Bernie, both a beautiful glossy black with four white feet- the wheel dogs that run nearest to the sled and my best athletes. Another set of 4 siblings, and the puppies of Bug and Bernie- Gemma, another fine athlete, ,Woofy, who should have been named Goofy, Little Bear, who looks for all the world like a Shiba Inu dipped in black ink, not sure she wants to be a sled dog yet, and Tynan, who is becoming an accomplished lead dog like her mother. Then there are the two "oddballs", Aesa, a super dog with great bloodlines- my husband calls her the "meerkat" cause she looks like one! and George, an Alaskan with some Border Collie in his backround- a beautiful Red and white guy with blue eyes. And lastly, the real "leader", 9 month old Cricket, a black and white parti colored Pomeranian who is in charge of the whole deal. Whew. Now I need a nap... :D[/quote]

Would LOVE to see pictures...especially of the Shiba look alike! :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Name: Kika
Sex: Female, spayed
Color/Breed: Red Shiba Inu
Favorite things: ME, Pizzle, Greenies, treats, cuddling with mom, barking at the neighbor's dogs, guarding her house, chasing rabbits and squirrels, being loved, undivided attention, KISSING FACES NON STOP, having her picture taken, Aaron (my brother), being brushed.
Un-favorite things: Brandon (some guy that has the car thing in common with hubby :roll: ), thunder (whether or not it's real or on TV), the neighbor's dogs, getting in trouble for getting into the garbage, any yelling or fighting between humans (especially me), Kenzo sitting on her, nails cut.

Name: Kenzo
Sex: Male, Neutered
Color/Breed: Red Shiba Inu
Favorite things: Pizzle, Greenies, treats, sitting on Kika to get the attention, barking at the neighbor's dogs, guarding his house, chasing rabbits and squirrels, being loved, undivided attention, the big window behind the couch, the back of the couch to look out the window, waking Daddy up, waiting for Aaron (my brother), licking our arms when we are in the tub, being a macho man, running.
Un-favorite things: Brandon (some guy that has the car thing in common with hubby :roll: ), the neighbor's dogs, getting in trouble for getting into the garbage, car rides (am I going to the vet again?), baths, nails cut, being brushed.