Dogomania

Current guest

Horsefeathers!

He's a two year old Poodle. If there is a perfect dog, he is it. Very mannerable, socialized beyond belief, loves other dogs, kids, people, not shy at all. 100% reliable housetraining and a joy to be around. He won't be hard to place at all. I've been so lucky lately with my fosters because the last few of them have been dream dogs. I'm more used to special needs dogs.

It's getting really hard around here for me to keep names straight. It wasn't so bad when the P's were just Peanut, Perry and Pauly. I mean, they don't sound anything alike, so it worked out ok. Now there's Peaches and PJ (the new guy), neither of which were named by us. PEAches, PEAnut, and PJ sound an awful lot alike, and I get tangue tongled sometimes.

This is PJ.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XAD*Ahkd5lxZCoy*4XRkF*JaxhN9U0Dwc3xyRH8mIDuNWelD63wWeJsdhAy3umMH0VPz36*85QWChhzXaLxIcjZwIo7RwgiBscSmdsIqixKHZSXOM1UVVv2GpILiHriLB9VM6JdMUnQ/PJ%20car.jpg?dc=4675540795471354629[/img]

His head isn't scissored wonky like that. It was flat on one side from trying to look out the window. Messed up his 'do. :oops:

Tammy, I really, really, really, really would love to keep him because he's just so perfect, but I can't do it. If I take on one more permanent resident, that will be the end of fostering or any kind of rescue. Besides, I think about what you went through with Katrina and it's exactly the kind of thing I'm scared to death of with having so many dogs here. I know you were probably just kidding. You just don't know how much I'd love to keep him, though. I've known him all his life, so there is already the part of me that doesn't want to see him go. :(

Isn't he just stinkin' adorable, though, even with his lop sided, scrunched up 'do?? SF, ain't nothing foo foo about my Poodle dawgers. :wink:

PPG, where do you want to meet and how fast can you get there? :P

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']Tammy, I really, really, really, really would love to keep him because he's just so perfect, but I can't do it. If I take on one more permanent resident, that will be the end of fostering or any kind of rescue. Besides, I think about what you went through with Katrina and it's exactly the kind of thing I'm scared to death of with having so many dogs here. I know you were probably just kidding. You just don't know how much I'd love to keep him, though. I've known him all his life, so there is already the part of me that doesn't want to see him go. :(

Isn't he just stinkin' adorable, though, even with his lop sided, scrunched up 'do?? SF, ain't nothing foo foo about my Poodle dawgers. :wink:

PPG, where do you want to meet and how fast can you get there? :P[/quote]

I was just kind of hoping that you would keep him until we moved (big favor to ask I know....Especially since I don't know when that will happen).

We've decided to stick to smaller dogs that way if it ever happens again NO one can bitch about the 400 poounds of dog hanging around.

Sigh...he's just so cute!

Tammy, there is someone right now considering taking PJ that's been waiting until the perfect time for the perfect dog and I've already given her the green light. They currently have a house under construction and are thinking he may be the very thing that completes their home when they all move in (mom, dad, three kids). However, if by some chance, it doesn't work out that they take him (her hubby is a little hesitant about having a dog), I would gladly hold him for you if you're really serious. He's really good with children and people in general, and we're in no hurry to see him leave (except that whole being really attached to him thing, but if he were "committed" to someone, I'd never back out). He'd be fine staying here until you got on your feet again. I'll let you know if the other girl takes him, but it's likely to be a few weeks before they move into their new house, too, so I don't know at what point she's planning to let me know something for sure.