Dogomania

I was called a BAD dog owner....

courtnek

I picked the girls up from the kennel today. the waiting room is tiny, and there were 8 people and 4 dogs in there, waiting to pick up dogs and drop them off. there were 2 goldens, a lab puppy, and a GSD, who was basically nice, but did raise hackles once at the goldens....her owner had her sitting and under control in no time. the goldens owner couldnt keep them still...big goofballs that they are usually....

anyway, with the waiting room so packed, I asked if I could get my girls from the side door, rather than take them thru the lobby. I explained that Free is claustrophobic, and that if the GSD hackled-up to her, there might be an issue. the GSD owner was cool with this, and thanked me, but the Goldens owner went ballistic and said I should not have my dogs out in public if they couldnt be trusted to get along with other dogs.....

I was afraid that Free would get too anxious, in that small crowded space, and would react badly if the GSD reacted....

the kennel was more than happy to accomodate me, and I picked them up at the side door. I could STILL hear this woman ranting about her. telling the receptionist that they shouldnt allow "vicious" dogs to be kept at their kennel, etc. the lady (who I have known for 10 years) finally said "she is NOT vicious....she cant tolerate enclosed and crowded spaces. yes, its unusual, but not unheard of, so please stop making a scene so we can check your dogs in and clear out this lobby..."

Now I feel bad....

:cry:

thanks Newfie. that helps. Free has "issues" with other dogs if crowded, I know I have posted that before. if the room wasnt so packed, she would have been fine. and I had both girls on a V-leash, which is what I walk them with, so I would have had to drag Laurel through as well. if an incident happened, it would have been bad.

8)

Court, that lady is an idiot. Nef is right, she needs to learn how the canine mind works. Not all dogs are perfect. I mean, she cant even control Goldens, she needs to get over herself.

You are not a bad owner and Free is not vicious. Im just like Free, lol, I have anxiety issues and often lash out when I have an anxiety attack. If I were a dog I guess that lady would call me vicious too. :roll:

If only more owners knew their dogs as well as you Courtnek! You would think that all the other owners would be happy to know you are looking out for their dog's safety as well as for your own. :-?

I bet the other owners were disgusted by her outburst!

Don't waste another thought on her!!

That lady is a loser. Plain and simple.

We had PoGo and Tater out today at a local dog event. It was awesome.

Well....this large GSD mix came bounding up to PoGo and stuck his face in Pog's......lets just say PoGo didn't react kindly to the invasion.

Jeremy pulled him back quickly and I apologized. The dog's owner said it wasn't PoGo's fault and her dog was being rude and she told us not to worry.

I LOVE being around people who understand dog behavior!!!

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']Court, I swear from reading some of your stories that your area is saturated with jerks. I mean, can that many a**holes all live in ONE localized area? I don't know how you put up with it as much as you do. :o

Screw the busybody and the high horse she rode in on. :P[/quote]

*sigh* welcome to my world.....all the nutcases appear to live here. or maybe I'm just a nutcase magnet...I do run into them frequently it seems...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: